Flight Cancelled Soul Fist?

You could squeeze a qcf+m unfly just before the c.H couldnt you? Im at work or id be all over that lab :stuck_out_tongue: about 450 before showers right?

Maybe never tried it lol have fun in the lab btw the links between attacks can be rough

This part shouldnā€™t work after an S, the Soul Fist is 1 air action, the flight #2 and the Shadow Blade that ends flight is the third, leaving none left over for Finishing Shower. It would work in vanilla, but from what I was trying back in week one, not Ultimate.
Did I miss a patch that corrected the issue of Shadow Blade canceling flight mode not being considered part of the flight action?

You cancel the shadow blade into Finishing shower, but this combo ussually carries me to the corner and that is the only reason that i can do Soulfist H to fly to shadowblade M, into finishing shower. If the combo doesnā€™t work for you then just donā€™t do the Soul fist H.
Btw Shadowblade doesnā€™t cancel the flight action. I did this combo few days ago so i donā€™t what to say. lol

Shadow Blade cancels flight, thatā€™s why you canā€™t unfly Shadow Blades. Even the simple Shadow Blade M xx Flight, Shadow Blade H x Finishing Shower enders no longer work. Iā€™m really confused right now.

i must have had something on if canā€™t be performed, maybe i had H&H cards on, but i doubt i did. If your in the lab and your playing around with the combo, and it still doesnā€™t work try doing the combo w/o the last soul fist.

so all i have to do is repeat that as much as i can right?

iā€™m gonna try it later or tomorrow.

thanks. : )

I use the M version of Soul Fist on the ground, because it seems to come out faster and leave little room for fullscreen punishment during AV.

Ground Soul Fists are identical in every way except projectile speed and angle.

Thatā€™s what it is; projectile speed. Thatā€™s why I alternate between M and j. H when fly cancelling.

when zoning i prefer to use Soul Fist L(not in air) instead of Soul Fist M(not in air).

i tried practising earlier. I always make mistakes but I know i just need to get used to it then press faster.

Sorry to Necro, but Iā€™ve been practicing this on Stick for quite some time and I canā€™t seem to get the hang of doing the Sou-Fly-Sou-Unfly that smoothly. See, at times I get other moves like shell kick and air Hs. I am kind of using the V pattern technique and it works better than trying to just make repeated QCF/QCB motions. but I still seem to do pretty choppy inputs as many times. :frowning: Any advice as to what I am doing wrong? Maybe do it a little slower? Seems like unless you are ChrisG this is really really hard. =(

Practice practice practice. I usually do the motions in just repeated half-circles, but a lot of people do QCF QCB. Itā€™s honestly just a lot of practice. Trying doing little sets of soul fist instead of going for the full on wall. I wasnā€™t very good at this game at all when Ultimate came out, and Marvel was my first serious taking of a FG, so my execution was poor. It took me several months to get to the point where I could consistently do her combos and the flood.

Sooooo another stupid question the double soul fist that people do in the air would be fly, soul fist, unfly, soul fist?

Nope, itā€™s the same as you would on the ground, soul fist fly soul fist unfly.