Final Yang Changelist: USF4

They removed the bullshit ranges that it used to cross up at, and gave us back some of our old ones.

In other words: press mk BEFORE you pass over the opponents head.

You still get it after rollkicks, you still can do it from c.mk max range.

Dive kicks are improved ! It’s easier to do a combo with 4 frames startup.
And I found a new vortex : light dive kick, instead of mk crossup, after medium rollkick. I hope it’s a good stuff for us :slight_smile:

What are you talking about?

We need a list of characters you can cross up pretty consistent at neutral, then after mk roll kick. You can pretty much hit almost everyone after a front throw and a dash. You just have to time it different on some characters

The list: Everyone.

At least what I’ve seen so far.

I think a list of after certain setups would be great.

For some characters, larger ones in particular… after a forward throw I do a half step jump mk to cross up. As jumping normally wont cross up. Its not even a half step, more like a quarter.

After mk rollkicks ive found that it sets you up perfectly for crossup on everyone so far but is predictable. hk rollkicks requires a slight step forward but is more ambiguous as no one knows what side it will hit.

you havent played much yet i assume. it actually is kinda hit and miss. especially at neutral.

im about to hit the lab and do some mk roll kick testing. the mix up is doing a mk dive kick and hitting front side when they expect cross up

edit-so after mk roll kick the timing varies a little from character to character on when you press the button, but if you always jump when their back hits the floor its fairly consistent. its even hitting on the characters that we had a very hard time hitting in 2012.

going to check the front throw timing, and post U1 and U2

after mk roll poison is strange for sur. I have some nice set up
One is really good, you do lp lp cr mk roll with mk then jump mk if they stay on the ground as soon as you touch the floor teleport with lk. once on the other side jump forward and lk dive kick as soon as possible. that a cross up dive kick :wink: not working on all the character.

i am going to do a small video on the super version, work the same and post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KXToloeovY&feature=youtu.be

as an exemple, done on ssf4 but still work. very affective because people doesnt fast wake up after the roll toaboid the cross up :wink:

Oh I likes that. : )

that is very nice. i cant get it to work tho. is that the first AE? yang had a lower height restriction back then

also cant get a cross up on hugo after mk roll kick. but you do get a safe jump on him with forward throw 1 dash jump FP since the timing wont let you over his head

might have a universal timing for cross ups off front throw. just do lk teleport then jump mk…testing

works on elena, so theres a start… nope false alarm…

It’s not hit and miss by any means.

You can hit a j.mk cross up on literally everyone, from neutral, or off of MK rollkicks.

Certainly, some characters need a half step forward, or a delay, but, no. It works on everyone. I spent an hour checking it last night.

You can’t really delay it to the extent you could in AE, and hit people almost before you landed.

If you jump just as, or slightly before they hit the ground, it works. there is a way to set it up on literally everyone now.

I did have issues with Seth, Honda and Gen. Seth landed a bit far after rollkicks. Honda landed really far, so a walk forward was needed. Gen gets up slow, so immediate jump mk will whiff. Had to delay.

The hitbox of the move is great. Its not AE level, but it works. Figure this shit out instead of bitching when people make it work.

If you want an idea of the neutral range where it works, do an MK rollkicks and let them fully get up. For most characters, this is the point where c.mk will whiff VS them. MK cross up will work from here.

You just can’t do it too close.

are you trying to block it yourself with a yang recording dummy doing the cross up? because you get different results if you just let the cpu auto block

Blocking? You don’t need to have the computer block anything, you can tell a cross up by the hit spark.

lol. ok i understand what youre doing wrong. i did that myself a while back.

in order to fully test any set up you need to record a training dummy doing whatever set up you want to test

reason being that characters have different hurt boxes between neutral and actually holding back (or forward) in an attempt to block a jump in

you would think you could just set the dummy to auto block, but that doesnt work either because the cpu just auto triggers itself into blocking if your attack hitbox intersects the characters neutral or crouching hurt box. it basically cheats its blocks when you have it in auto block or all block

human players cant do that so you have to manually test block it yourself.

if you dont, the set up you are testing could actually miss entirely when the defending character walks forward in an attempt to block a cross up

i think i explained that properly. let me know if any of that sounds unclear

It makes sense. I never found it necessary. I get that holding forward will shift the hurtbox of the opponent, but Yang usually has to hit j.mk when he’s right above their head.

I never had issues making contact in-game. I’ll still go back and double check it all, though.

Abit of theory…

Delay wake is +11 frames if im correct? So the total animation of c.lp is 12 frames and for c.lk its 13 frames…

If expecting delayed wakeup, is it possible to forward throw, dash, clp (on first possible frame) then do jump mk as normal?

As I cant test until tomorrow, if someone could give it a quick go and let me know the results that would be much appreciated.

c.lp is 11 frames and c.lk is 12 frames.

Remember, the first active frame and the last start-up frame are one in the same.

Ah thanks, even better i guess :slight_smile: