Evil Ryu General Discussion: Same Ryu, but now he's pissed!

I want to play Evil Ryu to see the crazy ultras.

(EmphyNAPS under a friend’s account)

As Nitro263 said, I can confirm that Evil Ryu’s fierce shoryu has more invincibility than Ryu’s, and is definitely comparable to strong shoryu (tested by having Ryu neutral jump strong, which trades against Ryu’s fierce shoryu, but loses to Evil Ryu’s fierce shoryu).

Speaking of shoryus, I’ve noticed that the first hit of EX shoryu does not knock down, so in the instance you clip a limb with it, you’re probably going to land and die.

Edit: Random side note, I’ve found that for some unknown reason, Evil Ryu can rapid fire a low short to a close stand short, and then CANCEL from it. Ryu can’t do anything off of his, Ken and Akuma can link after theirs, but Evil Ryu can literally cancel into a special move straight from this rapid fire chain.

Unless Evil Ryu’s Metsu Hado does a lot more damage then every other projectile ultra we’ve seen, I think Metsu SRK may be the one to go with.

[media=youtube]ovQQWde4zgo&t=2m58s[/media]

If you check that out, Evil Ryu’s does SRK, FADC, partial U2 for about 300 damage on Oni(who is said to have 950 health according to early estimates). What’s interesting is that it’s only about 70% full, so a full U2 would probably lead to 350+ damage. So if you take all that into consideration, Evil Ryu can not only deal more damage with U2 off a focus attack or punish opportunity, but he can get full U2 from EX hado, FADC, and probably do almost the same damage as he can with U1 off a SRK, FADC opportunity.

For you guys who are playing the game. Do you have any thoughts on which Ultra is the preferred Ultra for Evil Ryu?

I think that I would choose U2 over U1.

On a different note, what do you suppose the actual name for the new stomp move is? In the movelist, it’s called “???”.

The first one means dragon (pronounced ryuu or tatsu), it’s the same one that’s first in tatsumaki senpukyaku.
The second one apparently means claw, talon or similar (pronounced tsume).
The 3rd one means leg (pronounced ashi or kyaku), used as the last kanji in tatsumaki senpukyaku.

Based on this, I guess the move is called “Ryutsumekyaku”? I guess it could also be “Tatsu Tsumekyaku” for all I know.

dragon stomp is what i will call it from now on i think.

Or DS for short?

I guess.

I don’t know about you guys, but seeing that gaping hole in Ryu’s chest always makes me cringe. Can’t blame him though; if someone punched a hole through my torso all the way through to my back, I’d be pissed off too.

j.d+mk is like -2, -3 frame on block. Got counter hit out of c.LK by Bison c.LP (4f) so it’s somewhere along those lines.

The +/- frames of an air move is completely variable based on how high up you hit, so this is a pretty meaningless post. Like other dive kicks, it will likely go anywhere from leaving you + on block if you hit them low enough, to being punishable even on hit if you hit a tall character high enough.

Does anyone know what his theme sounds like?

[media=youtube]WiscUxFz0ys[/media]

Thanks. It sounds like a mash up of Ryu’s and Akuma’s theme.

Thanks for the useful info man looks like Ill be goin with Evil Ryu most likely then…

Lol THIS!

E.Ryu’s Hp shoryuken is way better than Ryu’s. I would say it’s similar if not identical to Ryu mp shoryuken in super but with a little bit more forward range. You don’t need an ex bar to have a reliable anti-air at all

Devs on Evil Ryu: SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV???IV ???

Anyone know how much hp he has?

i’ll try to translate the relevant infos from the dev commentary

-hp and stun is same with gouki
-his normals that can be cancelled and supercancelled are the same with ryu
-his crouching mk is 7 frames, and has longer reach than ryu’s crouching mk
-his new kick normal (called senpukyaku, it mentions something about similar to the one in the SF zero series) leaves you at disadvantage on block
-on his super, it says something about the new kick normal (i think ??? means if used together with) will be a powerful strategy
-his metsu hadou ultra, if you charge it all the way it will deal more damage
-still on his metsu hadou, if you full charge and you did this point blank on the oppponent it will deal even more damage
-boss version of evil ryu will have different capabilities
interesting note, his new kick move is called ryusoukyaku, which basically means dragon claw kick, the DS is a really close guess

Interesting to know that for sure now about Evil Ryu’s Ultra 1. That makes it a more tough to choose to between the two. Besides doing big damage off punish opportunities, U2’s partial damage is also pretty good.

But since Evil Ryu’s dash is so fast, you can start up Ultra 1 very early and charge it up a bit before releasing. With a bit of charge time, it should do a little more damage then Ryu’s Metsu Hadoken. Both will probably have there pros and cons, but from the sound of it, both will probably be very viable.