Everdred Teaches Remy

Frame data books list all of the characters regular throws at 3 frames but sometimes it does look like some are faster than others (Necro, Chun, 12…). It might just be because of the animation or range though, I don’t know.

thanx for the input, Alex’s missed throw animation looks so short compared to the rest of the cast.

parry bait shoto’s with a blocked LOV, they try hitting back just parry and punish.
also another good rush down tactic against throws would be counter the first throw attempt or crouching opponent with a far roundhouse kara UOH, then when u land, do a normal UOH then since u r standing pretty much right next to them… either jump straight up or if u know how to charge through 2 UOH’s u can EX RRF them right after the second UOH.

i say jump straight in the air but its funny how wierd it can be to give the opponent that option to anti air u but chances r they wont, they’ll probably wait till u throw out a move while in the air parry it and then as u land try to combo or throw u… since more than likely enough they wont anti air u since they just tried to throw and now your at the peek of your jump coming down an anti air wouldnt be much of a threat or good idea since its a tight spot to squeeze one in, so u can do a couple of things from this situation…

1.air fierce coming down
-if they parry it either CBK or (if u have a RRF charged) RRF once u land.
-if it hits u get a free combo… a simple 3 hit from Remy hurts so much for some reason.
-if they anti aired u, this thing probably traded in your favor.

2.do nothing at all in the air
-if the opponent didnt try to anti air u and is basically just waiting to parry a move or just waiting for u to come down just land and CBK/RRF, i think the odds r high they wanna throw u.

oh and RRF them after u hit them with the CBK from the jump up, just dont do it next time:lol:

for choices one and two it’s possible to spend a little time going up and coming back down looking for a parry from that anti air. i dont think this should be the biggest part of the strat cus waiting for a parry is bad i think.:bluu:

Everdred as always your in top form. You and Remy_Stryker are some cool ass players. Infact non top tier players seem to enjoy the challenge of beating down cheap whores with good strats and poper clear thinking. Your lessons are very good.

I do have a question. Roundhouse Kara-throw seems to give Remy the most distance. but I have the hardest time landing this. It has become second nature to use Kara instead of normal. But I find myself wiffing my throws more because I think that I am at the right distance but I am not. Kara throwing seems fickle and that the distance gained is very miniscule. Whats the deal?

Zei

the roundhouse kara throw only works if u cancel the far roundhouse animation, if u r too close and a close roundhouse animation comes out and u try canceling it u wont get any frame advantage at all since the close roundhouse doesnt really advance forward at all.

i always used the strong kara throw when i wanted to throw but i never really used any ticks into any of my throws since i only throw when i’m only a half step out of there throw distance. roundhouse would be more effective for this strat but to use it u need to play with distancing alot more.

one thing u could try is doing a blocked low crouching short into low LOV, after they block it tap towards and then kara throw with roundhouse, if u just kara throw with roundhouse u’ll be a little too far, the tap forward part puts u in reach, make sure u tap towards and kara throw as soon as they r done with the block stun from the low LOV tho.

kara the RRF with standing strong after the neutral throw in the corner to hit opponents that u couldnt normally…

dudley–> kara roundhouse and forward RRF hits if u cancel the standing strong

ibuki, yun, yang, oro–> kara roundhouse RRF hits.

on shoto’s u can now hit with the short version of the RRF for more stun.

i havent practiced on the EX RRF after the neutral throw on opponents yet.

Ummm…if you screw up the “rapid fire marathon” like by getting a stand fierce instead of a fierce LoV you can still continue the rest if you just continue charging and doing the next LoV (with Kick) as if nothing ever happened. However, I don’t know if you can make two “mistakes” or more consecutively:

High LoV, Low LoV, High LoV, Low LoV, s. fierce, s. forward, high LoV

Just so I’m completely on the up-and-up, are there any major differences between Arcade Remy and DC Remy? I want to test out a few things, but I haven’t busted out my Dreamcast in forever and a day, so I need to make sure I don’t come up with any fool’s gold over here.

N

fool’s gold? what do u mean by that? everything i stated here works in arcade.

I’m pretty sure DC and arcade remy are exactly the same. Buffering on the DC extensively without practicing on the cabinets as well may mess up your timing for the arcade, however, since they run at slightly different speeds.

IIRC if u do the store charge method and the go for a standard attack if u charge while u r doing ther attack it’ll mess up the next sequence of LOV’s if u r going to do normal moves between LOV’s u gotta have the charge stored perfectly then have your stick in neutral while doing the move cus if u charge more than the “perfect charge” it’ll reset the charge time not letting u come out with the next LOV.

yep.

By the by, whatever happened to the awesome power of the constant CBK technique?

it works, kinda sorta, gotta be one of those spur of the moment deals. what did it go away? i never thought it left.

r u being sarcastic? what do u mean what happened to it? a bunch of ingrates on SRK i swear, instead of trying shit out ppl just question and diss.

that shit works and its funny when it does too, cus if u get it right it comes as easily as doing multiple head dives like yun and yang does only remy’s does more damage and can be ex’d as soon as u wanna stop going through the loop.

oh and double rep. please dont start with the shit talk in this thread, its one of the only strat threads not destroyed, if u think i’m full of BS dont post here, anyone who thinks i’m full of BS and doesnt take me seriously doesnt post here simple as that, anyways. but if u find a mistake i said or agree with anything i’ll gladly welcome anything u or anyone else has to offer.

have a good day sir.

No, I R not being sarcastic, not towards you at least. Next time look at who’s being addressed before you start calling people out. Good job, my friend

i KNOW u werent talking about me, i just dont want u playing no antics here with closet remy ok? not in this thread ok? go play somewhere else if u need to say something about closet remy.

we cool so far i havent and u havent done anything messed up yet so lets end it at that and just please dont do any more of what u already did, it aint bad but i dont want it excellating.

This is the grammar police. You are hereby ordered to cease and desist your actions immediately. The spelling department has also been notified of your illegal transgressions and are on their way. You have been warned.

but if u r chasing a LOV dont charge down while u throw it.

=you can chase a LOV and charge at the same time. you do the
OTHER charge while you’re still in the dash animation. as long
as you use the Jap method of SBs (charge bd,f,bd + P or K)
you can SB then dash forward or backward twice or combination
of both as long as you charge in every dash. then you can SB again or Flash Kick. this is excellent for runnig away from opponent or to give you just enough
distance where you can standing MK without the fear of being
reached by your opponentbecause of remy’s long legs.
did i say remy’s long legs? EEEEWWWW!!!

BTW, great tips man.

ang Remy Pokpok ng 3S Team PILIPINAS

oh thanx

the charge while u dash is cool and all, i used to do it that way myself while i was learning how to do it but its iffy, i rather get a full charge, store it and then do it once my dash is over. this ensures that the move will actually come out once u land.

plus holding down or back after each dash to me doesnt make it consistant enough as a technique to pull off moves in a pressure situation, if u do a LOV and go back to the DOWN+BACK postion instead of just hold <-, ->, <- again, u’ll be able to charge both the LOV and RRF and then dash forward and pretty much have a choice on which move u want to do.

u have alot of choices on how u store charge and dash but having both the LOV and RRF charged during one dash forward instead of 2 dashes makes for a faster+safer plan of action.

CBK is too good, use it on as a wake up move or anytime u get resetted and land on the ground next to your opponent, this will hop over there low forward automatically or counter a throw attempt, if u hit them while they r crouching u’ll have plenty of time to back dash and run away, or heck press standing strong

standing close strong as my friend zar explains it to me has no middle animation it stays out long in hit animation so whenever your near enough u should be pressing this button, it’s that simple really:lol: also u get a link into super art 1 and 2.

and close roundhouse is king of meaty attacks. use this as a mix up move with standing strong as a meaty attack mix up. u hit with standing roundhouse = free super art 1(thank u zar) and free super art 2.

close standing forward u’ll be able to link into super art 2 not 1. comes out moderatley fast.

i get your point about the dash charge. i guess we have different methods. as for me it got natural so i rarely fail on dash charge. but what’s good about the two dashes is that you can run away farther and you can get more confusing. like when an opponent is in corner, i’d throw a slow SB/dash forward/dash back/then throw an ex SB. they’re usually on grab/wake up/hell, even Super animation.
You mix this with all the Remy set up, this can get annoying. but then again this works for me coz i dash in and out a lot trying to grab the opponent. where i play you usually get combo+supered if you do the SB/CBK a lot. they look like they’re on auto parry or something = P. besides, it just looks nice when you grab an opponent in the corner then follow up with SA 1 and a FK. = P also, did you know that Remy’s neutral grab can freeze the whole game? this works for the Jap version (where Yang have MAGNETIC STORM written for his SA and twelve’s name is spelled TWELEVE) Urien stands in corner then do a close AEGIS, during animation, mash on the lp+lk. if done correctly Remy will do the grab animation then get hit making him stop but urien would freeze like he had a damn stroke. you can hit him but if you let the time tick, the game would freeze. as for wakeup, i just block alot since most overheads are slow which gives you enough time to squeeze a FK. unless im facing a grab whore-then id throw a FK/EX FK/
croching lk>FK every once in a while. Now, this sounds dumb but… whispers where can i get a good Remy avatar?

**Lord knows i’ve tried my best but Blue Nocturne is just not for serious play. Looks damn good though.

well…there are some characters that s. forward can be linked into SAI and they include Urien and Hugo (maybe Q) but they have to be crouching…Theres always something about the character crouching that forces more stun.

The standing forward link works on all characters, the timing is just more strict on standing ones.

close st forward into super art 1? might as well cancel off it. it isnt reliable, plus if u have to wait till a character is crouching what happens when u fight characters that duck the first hits of it+ the fact your kinda far for the super to reach them?

that timing is trickier than close standing roundhouse into SA1.

super art 1 when u have it is good to use on offense from a dashed up LOV. crouching short SA1 after a LOV is good but before u do that try the oldschool “throw them while they parry the LOV trick” do that once then when u have SA1 stored dash after a LOV let the opponent parry it and…

1.either wait and parry/block, if they r a shoto they might try and shoryuken u

1. crouching short SA1, they’ll have to parry down to counter your crouching short, might be useful if your out of there throw reach and u stick them with a crouching short into super.

3.crouching jab+short into SA1 good chance if they try and tech a throw attempt you’ll tech it. but if they dont and parry your jab, u’ll cancel into super art 1, getting block damage or full damage if they tried anything.

another way to use it is is as a distant anti wake up chip super. throw a low LOV canceled into SA1 so the low LOV hits them as they r getting up the SA1 will bury the LOV so if they tap down SA1 will hit.

then there is always anti air