E. Honda Strategies and Matchups

Just realize after all is said here, honda is still a turtle, just a really good one, he isn’t kyo.
Nestor has the nastiest Honda I ever saw besides Mago, and he beat BAS so…
Don’t ever jump with honda, he has no early attacks like kyo jumping down+feirce, you always get smacked.
You must understand that Hondas ground game is so fast that people will do everything they can to escape it.

I basically do slappy hands, wait, headbutt, slappy hands, wait, and if nothing has happened yet, patiently try to sweep them then go for wake up game. You can’t really hit honda, so i wait for random rolls or jumps.

Sometimes Nestor did 2 rc 360s in a row on wake up. It’s really scary when combined with meaty jab. :badboy:

Honda=advanced turtle

TIP of the DAY: feirce slappy hands beat RC electricity. Nestor would own my random rc electricity all day with slappy hands. OUch, bye bye blanka :sad: …even BAS switched to A-honda on point…he knows what’s up

dash 720! it just looks so cool. I think you can use that after a blocked cr.jab or short maybe?

without a reply here in a while, I’ll see if I can wake it up a bit.

::ahem:: N-Honda. One thing nobody’s mentioned, and I’m sure everyone realizes it (just not spoken out loud here yet) is powering up. Use a dot, and slap someone silly. So much damage done from Honda already, and you’re incresing it?! It’s kinda crazy, IMO.

…especially if you power-up into a 360. ouch.

My only bad match-up I’ve had with my Honda is against Joe players…I hate those f-ing tornados. grr. Just makes me feel all the better when I pull off a 720 on him, though. :pleased:

…anyways, capcom better put Honda in the next SF game. I demand it! :tup:

Ive never met a Joe I couldnt whoop up with Honda.

Tornados are weeaaaak, super headbutt eats them for freeeee.

whats the buttons for rc hands slap

Alright, Im reviving this thread because i’ve decided to use Honda on my casual team. Maybe even in the next tournament. What’s my inspiration? To be honest, i got jealous when i saw mago Reversal RC 360 on wake up, so i said “Shit, i have to do that.”

So the next thing i do is go to training mode and master the RC 360. I got it down pretty well but i still cant do it on reversal wake up. But oh well. I admire the way Mago plays his honda, sit there all day and piss the hell out of everyone. That’s my goal for this year. Piss hella people off with turtle Honda. Also i saw matches of BAS just OCV people with A-Honda…A HONDA. no bar needed. God damn, what a beast.

So i wanna know a few things, should i ever need to be aggressive with honda? Or should i just be a turtle all day? It sucks sometimes cuz they will take advantage of youre bar and throw hella fireballs at you(RC fierce headbutt is way too slow to pass any fireball and hit).
It’s like they get a free rush down on you if they are safe enough. should i try to jump and hit them? They might be able to recover on time and Anti air me, and just repeat till honda is dead.

I also noticed that to get his reversals, its way different timing than blankas RC electricity(if you’re trying to get reversal slappy hands) its also way different timing for the reversal d,u+K move than other characters like blanka or bison… Wierd, maybe its just me… Someone clarify for me?

I already got that 50/50 mix up, are there any throw set ups i need? Like… blocked s.lp, 360? I unno, i just started using him today. I’ll probably stay up tonight to watch honda vids and learn there.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, here’s another question. Is it hella scrubby to do lots of random headbutts at close range? I mean it does chip damage and its almost unpunishable by a handful of characters. I know i shouldn’t do them on full meter rock,guile,bison, etc.

For anti air:

should i do lp headbutt or should i be extra safe and do RC HP Headbutt? i noticed that when i try to RC headbutt with honda, i feel really “heavy” and have do the motion faster and more accurate than if i were to RC psycho crusher with bison or something…maybe its just me or is everyone doing this too O_o?

is s.hp REALLY that good? Saks cross over mk beats it for free everytime. Maybe im just not timing it right?

Should i always RC mp hand slaps since its got the most frame advantage? Or should i rc hp slaps??

Eightysix, where are those tick 360 set ups???

Buk says Honda gets up off the ground faster than Chun, Cammy, Blanka, and Benimaru do if that helps.

I’m going to give all you guys a tip.

Before you learn how to RC, you might want to learn how to play E.Honda. And I don’t mean just crouching back and hoping the opponent won’t know how to attack you from any other way but a jump-in.

Just a thought.

To be honest, an RC 360 is good for little else than a pseudo-dodge. If you want to play Honda with a dodge, play S-groove. You get follow-up options.

I could beat Mago at perversion, if not the “piss you off” game.

In the past, Honda had safe aggressive tactics, but in CvS2 it seems his only safe aggression is lowjump roundhouse, which only works in a groove with lowjump, of course.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask here, but it looks like you’re getting ahead of yourself. Honda has to be played from mele to mele.

I suspect that Honda might have always had different charge timings. There’s no way the designers didn’t see his potential as a turtle early on.

Honda has no throw range, stick to playing sumo style.

It’s only “scrubby” because it encourages a pattern that is bound to backfire later on in your Honda life.

Don’t be a hero, do jab headbutt. RC headbutts, given that you can do them 100%, are only good if you’re fighting someone who mixes up their jump-ins. Jab headbutt is predicated on the idea that they’ll land on your foot, but it’s possible to whiff an air attack so that the jab headbutt misses entirely, then take advantage of that as Honda recovers on the other side.

Even then, I wouldn’t do it.

The chop’s priority is toned down severely from previous games.

You should play Honda, and leave the crappy little set-ups for later.

thank you sir.

well, the way I do, is buffering with s.LP or s.LK and begining the 360 motion up. I never fail that…

my trouble with honda begin against K groove.

I just picked up honda recently, and I think he is pretty fun to play. My problem is with his 720 super, half the time when i do it his headbut super comes out, and I don’t get why that is. I am ending the 720 with forward, is this bad? Should I be doing the motion in the other direction?

It’s just the damn rc hand slaps, I don’t understand it. Can anyone give me any idea of how to pull this off? * goes back to training mode*

N-honda is an absolute monster.

do work.

Read The first page of the thread. I think.

Could anybody shed some light on Honda’s good & bad match-ups?

good: sakura, kyo, iori
bad: guile, hibiki, k blanka