Dragons Dogma Revival

Magic Archer is crazy CRAZY powerful as long as you build it right. It’s default stat growth is really bad. IMO really any yellow class is top tier.

Strider has the helm splitter series that just does massive damage, oh also the Explosive Shot skill.
Ranger has Tenfold Flurry with Blast arrows and some other stuff I’m forgetting probably.
Assassin has Masterful Kill, a 100% counter on any physical attack of any type and size without requiring ANY timing, plus Gouge for big monsters, Invisible for invulnerability and Gale Harness for crazy high Gouge or Hundred Kisses damage.
Magic Archer has Ricochet, Sacrifice, and just every exploitable weakness in general.

Straight up the only really bad class is Warrior, but they’re still crazy fun to play. Warrior really just needs the ability to block with the sword. Even if it doesn’t eliminate damage, should at least reduce it, OR does stop damage but are never very stable, or maybe neither of those negatives, but no perfect block possible. Even so, hitting a downed drake with a fully charged Arc of Deliverance for multiple pips of damage, only to have your pawn followup on yours right after to re-down them, and then do it again for the kill is… nothing short of fucking sexually pleasing.

Hundred Kisses isn’t even the high damage attack for Striders, it’s the Helm Splitter. When that thing is maxed out, especially with the BBI version, it absolutely shreds weakpoints, faster than Hundred Kisses does. Only Kisses/Gouge with Gale Harness out damages it in my experience. And in Magic Archers case there’s very little reason to be climbing on enemies as you just won’t be getting as much damage that way anyway

High strength + top level immolation + top level scarlet kisses attack compels me to climb with MA. Too much fun.

most people just use Hundred Kisses for boss fights, like dragons.

and mystic knight is also really good, since he has those sword spells that stick in the ground. And buffs all your pawns

Ah yeah, true, I forgot about that combo.

I’ll experiment with helm splitter and gale harness this playthrough, barely messed with them on the original releases. Didn’t even realize that gale harness sped up your attacks, I always thought faster running was a wasted slot.

Warrior class + Augment that boosts air attacks + spamming jump light = loldamage

I always used Assassin or M.Archer, but Warrior was really fun in Bitterblack Isle. Bull rushing a Minotaur that was bull rushing you, and then sending his ass flying into the air after the exchange :lol:

Warrior = Manliest class for manly men.

Magick Archer = Use this if you want to trivialize the game. Especially BBI

Mystic Knight = Use this if you want to just ass rape things with perfect blocks.

Sorcerer = Use this if you want to see cool shit.

Fighter = Use this if you want to be a man.

Strider = Good Stat gains per level. Never really fucked with it much.

Assassin = Rapes pretty hard.

Ranger = Tenfold shot.

Mage = Heal slut.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/x8G3HCR.jpg

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/VWvGOKx.jpg

It speeds up all animations, so faster walking, running, attacking, grabbing, jumping, climbing, everything. It’s great with a bow too for extra fast Fivefold Flurry

Main weakness is it isn’t active for very long and can only be activated on the ground, but definitely has its uses

I beat everything, including all the DA stuff like the Ur-Dragon without climbing. I played Ranger for the entire game, Tenfold Flurry is mental. The Ranger is great with a bulky party as well, my Pawn was a Warrior and I used to run a Mage and a Fighter.

Yeah tenfold flurry is sick, I forgot that I had bought a “fiend-luring Incense” after starting NG+ and still had it in my inventory but managed to cheese a few double gorecyclops spawns from afar in Bitterblack :tup:

Fuck that room that spawns 7 x Living armor though :rofl:

Blindknagg on steam if anyone plays the PC version.

I haven’t played the game since Dark Arisen came out. I might buy it on Steam. Problem is I hate playing with a mouse and keyboard so I’ll need to find a pad that works good on the PC or some driver for a playstation controller.

Not sure what class I want to play this time around either, probably Assassin or Mystic Knight. Maybe Sorceress. Fighter is too vanilla for me and Ranger / Mystic Archer are too easy.

Ps4 controllers work with it if you’ve got one.

The mouse and keyboard is pretty fantastic for this game.

If you want an alternative just go with a wired xbone/360 controller. Wireless xbone one should work too. Less hassle overall.

I don’t like Xbox controllers.

Yeah I do, I’ve never bothered trying to figure out how to plug one of those into the computer though.

The same way you plug it into your ps4, micro usb to usb.

The big upside of mouse and keyboard for this game is that you can bind items and tools like lanterns to 1-5. So you don’t have to go to the menu everytime to use an item or to turn on/off your lantern.

Ah thats cool. One of my few complaints about Dragons Dogma was the clunky UI and item systems.

There’s a slight irritating bit where if your lantern changes state from full to another, it unbinds the key since it’s technically a new item, but it’s a massive improvement regardless.

I always have a mage as my main pawn, cause I hate searching for healers.

That was fixed. Also, you can still set up hot keys for items while using a controller, you just have to press the button twice (first press “wakes up” the keyboard). I used this for the lantern, made turning it off then back on to re-light after being drenched slightly less annoying.