Double Super

Thanos isn’t a sleeper… he was actually sorta widely played in the beginning… a decade ago…

Also the lag on his supers is actually sorta nice once you learn thanos… it lets you wait 1000 years and still dhc into something else… which makes for wonderful mind games.

For a thanos corner combo… im not sure why you’d do anything other than bubble infinite… excepting of course to finish bubble infinite off once the damage mitigation gets to high… sure… 100% combos… now find a good way to get a god tier opponent down into the corner and then land it… its like once in 10 matches at best… and thats if you know what your doing.

I’m sorry. I love thanos. I know thanos. Plenty of others do as well… but he’s no sleeper… he wears his powerful hypers and priority moves on his sleeve… and thats all he’s got… if he had an air hyper, aid dash, air projectile, air grab… then we might see thanos getting somewhere… but he doesn’t… anyone who does have these things can take to the air… mix his ass up, keep away… and he can’t do much at all…

He is a sleeper…The reason he is a sleeper is because hes pretty strong, meaning he has a good defense. And his moves are powerful, which one of em’ can regain his energy. He may not be the most athletic, but there are others who arent as well, and theyre in tourney play? You said it yourself, his lag time is not bad, because you can manipulate with dhc’s. Against Storm, Hailstorm=Electric Grab. Against Sent, Missles=Electric Grab. You underestimate his potential against top-tiers. On a 1 on 1 match, he has a decent shot at beating them. Of course, YOU CANT BE JUST SOME SCRUB THANOS, YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE WITH HIM A LOT.

Trust me… he’s no sleeper… some people have done shit with him you haven’t even dreamed about… but that doesn’t really matter… b/c on the top 1/2 of the cast… landing that shit is not gonna happen most of the time…

Yes thanos has a few tricks that are decent against top tiers… soul is pretty good on storm… reality will trade with ahvb… space will block wtver mess of drones/projectiles are flying at your face and then (sometimes) the second part catches their assist (sent in this example) and can be dhc’d to something else mean. Powa is really solid all the way around… and also ok for making storm adjust in the air (as it curves up and around if it misses low.)

Thanos is also one of the few who can cancel a hyper into his own hyper… meaning you can use him as your second toon and do a 5 bar dhc… but there are literally 1000 ways to do more dmg with that many bars…

The ironic thing about thanos is that he has the tools to be a great keep away character (long range normals… high priority pokes…) except he has no way to “get away”…

Probably the best overall strat with thanos would be something like… spam drones for chip and keep away… use j.fp and s.fp to smack em back when they get inside drones… and other than that timely hypers to punish mistakes/chain off drones… notice tho… in this scenario… thanos is doing nothing better (or even as well) as many other characters can.

isnt c lk c mk techable?

You can roll it… yes. Though the timing to do so is tricky compared to some.

I have changed a lot of what I thought about thanos prior to posting some of this. He’s better than I used to think. Still not amazing compared to some o’ the gods… but he’s got some really annoying tactics… and some pretty good matchups out there.

Double super I wouldn’t really do much b/c I think thanos can do better with his meter and should be using it more instead of building it up. He can battery ok by doing sj.fp xx lp.titan crush then (falling fp xx knee, OR falling fp xx lp. titan crush OR just block and fall).

standing feirce with thanos is amazing. Also What do you mean its tricky compared to some? Sorry im noob at the game so i dont know completely what you mean

It’s because you have less time to roll by far than most stuff.

Take psy AAA… you have a full charcter distance to fall while mashing roll… and you’ll probably get it most times…

with thanos you fall from roughly knee level down… so you have less time. Also thanos doesn’t have to combo 2 cr.lks to OTG everytime… often you’d combo cr.lk, s.lp xx super instead… which can’t be rolled. This is enough mixup to keep thanos’s OTG’s pretty decent.

Isn’t there a way to get 2 hails off of a power super?

Probably. I can’t say I’ve played those two together… but the powa is interesting in that you can do pretty much wtver while its still out there… you can connect lots of stuff…

thanos-> s.lk, cr.mk xx powa DHC to strider orbs… strider comes in… activates… and then can dash in and start wtver…

fast hypers like oroborus give the new point time to setup for wtver. you can even assist.

If you DHC to a quick hyper out of thanos soul you can get a similar effect. where they float down and your new point is free to do wtver. including combo, another hyper… wtver.

thanos-> s.lk, cr.mk xx powa DHC venom web, venom recovers before powa finishes… startup wtver…

the ball curls around as most people know. if you see it about to connect on flying sent or meter building storm (these are how those random wrap around ones seem to hit) you can sj and start an air combo with thanos before the ball finishes. do it low and finish with lp titan crush near the corner and you might get to OTG after…

if you do the OTG powa setup thanos himself can OTG/Relaunch/or wtver after it… i hate that you can roll the OTG setup b/c it gives thanos a lot better options than the standing one.

the setup can be funky for this but its neat… you basicly have to whiff a powa and then get to relaunch them into it… then sj. up… ect … ect… this will hapen if you say… call psy AAA and do POWA… they jump the powa… but get hit by psy… you OTG, and launcher (use his three hit launcher… timing is properlike) them into the fireball which is now up is the air…

Sorry for going on frver… to at least answer your question… it seems pretty likely you could POWA xDHCx to hail, recover, hail…