Doronjo: UAS Thread

i use her too and team her with morrigan sadly i have little time to play at the moment but love that your all here to test out her combos and what not.i have been wanting to try out her 421grab to 236hc to dhc. that might help getting more damage into the combos some of your might have.

Whenever some gets some time, can someone make a comprehensive list of her working BnB’s in UAS? Would be much appreciated!

Updated thread with combos. Let me know if there’s more you want added or what you wish to discuss next…

Thanks MetaMeeks, much appreciated

updated OP with some interesting doronjo tricks. Little fun fact for everyone, the story under “BBQ that rock!!” is a true story on a match I had with a friend. I’m telling you, it works.

I just placed 4th in a local TvC tourney yesterday using a Casshan/Doronjo team. Doronjo was my MVP, so it was more than welcoming to see a thread like this to try and push on.

Congrats, Hyper. Good to see Doronjo is getting represented in the tourny scene!

Good shit shadow. I’m telling you, everyone’s underestimating doronjo’s come back potential. My main team is doronjo/polymar and my polymar will get straight up massacred sometimes but I always manage to make the match at least close, if not win. We need to keep this up to get doronjo some respect.

I support doronjo as well since i use her and morrigan. =]

Grab-Tree-Taunt Loop?

I’m going through CGoH Doronjo withdrawal at the moment :sad:

I’ve been in training mode for weeks now, and I have yet to find a way to do this loop in UAS without them being able to jump out of it for free. Tonzura’s Grab just isn’t what it used to be… :mad:

The only way I’ve been able to set up an inescapable Tonzura Grab (421+A/B/C) is off Karas assist. That’s it.

So far, I haven’t been able to loop it long enough for Karas assist to reset, so I can do it again. She really needs some solid, dependable meterless damage to excel in this version.

If she still has this loop, someone clue me in, because I haven’t found it yet.

As far as the changes they made to her, the nerfs far outway the buffs in my opinion, her jump B and Tonzura Grabs being the most annoying changes :arazz:

Edit: Ok, forgive me for baaawwwing like that. Some good may come of this actually.

What I need the experts to tell me is this: What about Karas assist when it hits makes Tonzuras Grab inescapable? Karas assist is hitting them while airborne, not on the ground, just for clarification.

They get hit, backflip, then they can’t rejump in time to escape the grab.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and are there any other assists that do the same thing?

It works because jumping has startup now. It’s the same reason that Alex’s Hyper Bomb is unavoidable after a blocked 2A. You can land unavoidable tonzura grabs in tons of situations in UAS, its just a matter of spacing. You can land it in the corner after Rock/Tree combos that end with tree - taunt.

Word? Hmm…

Back to the Training Room I go. Thanks man.

Doronjo doing kens ultra on boyacky [media=youtube]9hv9buX5EcE[/media]

rare SSF4 footage from an early build

That Rock Tree Loop variation Kurasa posted is good stuff. I can still get an extra set of reps in un assisted, so I can air combo VAR if I want to.

That taunt makes all the difference. There is a video link in the Evo 2010 Combo Project thread.

I was going to make a new thread for this, but decided to just make it a small comment here.

For Tonzura Grab, I’ve always used it as a wakeup tool, in the corner I would predict them rolling to the center, for anywhere else on the screen, I would guess their roll direction (Following their habits from earlier in the match).

Does anyone have a stragety in regards to landing it?

I do the same thing. When they start rolling out of the corner every time (Rock 2B 50/50 ftw) you can use the Naniwa Clutch to grab them. I think it’s still jumpable though, so I don’t know how useful that is.

I combo into the grab for free switches, use the grab to punish ish (Super Comfy, Naniwa Clutch)

AFAIK she lost her grab-tree-taunt loop. You can jump out of the grab for free.

So, mainly inside of combos, punishing laggy specials and supers so I can get to them, or catching them asleep while guarding.

I know people don’t really pay attention to the subforums anymore, but something neat for doronjo [media=youtube]RnGGhKG39BA"[/media] up. (Everything past 3:30).

the idea is that Doronjo can do a meterless var anywhere from the screen off a tree blast, the only requirement is that the opponent has to be previously airborne when the tree hits. Given that it is situational you probably won’t see it much or you have to blow baroque just to get it to work, but it’s a good way to safely tagout a partner and continue the juggle in the same way that you could in MvC2.

Quick notation

This is assuming right corner, switch tree for left obviously

(In Corner):snka: :snkb: :d: :snkb: :snkc: :dp: :snkc: BBQ :snka: :snkb: :d: :snkb: :snkc: :qcb: :snkb: Taunt :b: :snkd: :d: :snka: (Partner’s BnB).

(Out of Corner, assuming right, no baroque, assuming midscreen):rdp: :snkb: :dp: :snkc: :f: :f: :snka: :snka: :snka: :b: :snkd: :d: :snka: (Partner BnB)

For the Baroque method, it’s just a standard bnb into Tonzura Grab, followed by a tree, then just juggle until explode and tag out.

I have not been able to do a single Standing :snka: off the tag-in and I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to do (The exceptions being characters that naturally hit low, Batsu and Condor), but rarely miss on the :d: :snka:. Off the characters I tried, Karas, Tekkaman, and Blade could not combo off a tag-in.

Of course, there are pros and cons, so here’s a short run down

Pros:
If your character can stall long enough (for example, Saki and Zero), Doronjo will become available to again as a standard assist, meaning you can use her in the string or call her for a crossover or VAR.

Obviously it’s really awesome you can tag out your partner without wasting a single bar of meter, meaning you have up to 5 meters to toy with when you tag out.

If you whiff the tag-in 2A, you can still hit the opponent with an OTG attack.

If the opponent megacrash, THEY are the ones wasting meter. Also you won’t really be near the corner if you do this, so the only thing they could do is OTG super if they really wanted to hit you from the MC.

Cons:
This is a standard tagout, which means your partner loses redlife if they had any.

It can be megacrashed

For some characters (Viewtiful Joe notably) it works, but it can be a little easy to whiff the :d: :snka:

Loss of Baroque means you REALLY have to know your partner’s baroqueless BnB and it takes a short time before doronjo if available to assist again.

Unless I’m mistaken the Taunt is required for the corner combo as recovering from the rock to tag out is very difficult.

you absolutely cannot use :d: :snkc:, the recovery on it ruins the tagout, if you use it, you must go for a standard tree loop