Did anyone else watch Justin Wong rail everyone with wolverine last night?

jwongs wolvie = gdlk

Interesting. I messed around with Wolvie a bit last night, and he seems like he has a lot of potential. I had actually put together a Phoenix, Wolverine, Akuma team right before I went to bed last night. Now I really want to try them out >_>

Time to watch the vids now, though.

Edit: That was a sick Wolvie.

Wolverine has some of the easiest, and easy to initiate high damaging combos in the game. So even a beginner can do pretty well with him if they know some basics. Adding in the overhead :l: and Slash shennanigans just puts him over the top for the pixie section. He also has easily one of the best air-to-air combos in the game. Justin made pretty much everyone but Floe look free, but Wolverine is simply not an overly complex character either, yet doesn’t need to be to be the best at what he does.

what i find interesting watching this is that the game was only released the day before (officially anyways). makes you wonder how long in advance some people had been playing this. i know jwong said he’d been playing it since the friday before launch…but i get the feeling that even that’s twisting the truth a little. i think a few people have had a lot of access to this game for quite a while. not that i really give a shit…just an observation.

i agree with you 100%. I think he got the game at least one week earlier and did combos 24/7. Picking wolverine? With no doubt he practiced with every character and found the easiest combos to do and used them to destroy his tourneys. The only problem is that now everyone is going to find a way to counter wolverine -_-. I am also really considering trying him when I have the time.

UMMM… I only had the game 4 days before it officially came out due to stores leaking it early. I only play on the weekends because work and gf takes up all my days… I am not twisting the truth at all, if I had the game early with a modded xbox I would totally come out and said it…And I don’t know how to play every character yet.

People forget you’ve been playing for over 10 years.

Also, you are getting laid which gives you super powers.

Haters gonna hate, JWong. They just mad cause they aren’t the best at what they do. :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the vids man

i see u rockin the new look and now i realize, u doin somethin differen for the girl she like dem boyz who look smart and innocent mhmmmmmmmm

There was no need for this post. Please keep on track with the topic in threads that are current. This thread did not need to be bumped, and especially did not need a post talking about how Justin “changed his look for the ladies.”

Stay on topic, and only post what is needed gentlemen. Needless posts/trolling like this will not be tolerated.

Wolvie is still good, I dont see how people think he got worse… He still had his best tools which are…
Instant Over Head
Cross up Bersker slash
CROSS UP on incoming character SRK ( if you dont know what this is basicaly you can time an SRK on a snapped in/Fresh Character coming in a 50/50 them )
AMAZING damage output for this game

The only difference now is to do His combos its Much tighter timing because his Divekick has a smaller hitbox,Akumas tatsu ( still godly ) doesnt soft knockdown and You have to actually Deal with Zoning with him.

WOLVERINE is still good, Just not Fraud Friendly anymore guy, step it up.

i agree. invincibility lost on berserker slash isnt that bad, its still a fast crossup, just not broken anymore. and the execution is not difficult at all, just not brainless like it was before. i found the only difference is that i have to aim the drill claw now, before u could always do down-forward drill claw and it would connect, now if they’re too high it wont hit so u just have to do forward drill claw or something instead. ez. and like u said he still has insane damage output.

is it just me or is wolvie pretty good with strider vajra assist? i feel like they do well together. wolverine makes up for striders lack of damage, he blows whole through the opponents team and builds meter and strider finishes them.

Except “still good” is not good enough in a game like Marvel.

His damage output is pretty bad comparatively, he can’t extend his combos indefinitely like some characters, he can’t build a lot of meter because his combos don’t offer that much room for development. And no, I don’t judge damage output by combos on youtube starting with 5 bars

Add to that a bunch of characters who can lame him out for free now, plus the guys he always struggled with already and things aren’t looking so hot for wolvie

I do j.s, m h s jm jm jh drill dk land h s jm jl jm jh js call assist otg wait a tiny bit than l.dp 2 hit xx fatal claw (you’ll land before them and u could go for a mixup or) u could chain another l.dp xx fatal claw this does 930000 dmg… that’s more damage than almost any heavy mixup char and he can do this indefinetly w/ meter and wolvie should be able to get zone out that’s why u have a team instead of just one char. . And wolvie is easily top 8 in this game maybe even more.

Did you not see Noel Brown win last night at Big Two #3 on the Team Spooky stream against Dieminion? The lamest most lamed out player on the planet, with Wolvie on his team going up against Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan and Doctor Strange?

I just want to take this chance to give shout outs to all the people that were hating on me in other threads when I said wolverine is still a good character and better than a lot of others that were said in theory to be better than wolverine. Wolverine was on several top 8 teams at NEC, including that #1 spot.

still looking for jwongs vids

Videos? I want to watch too. :slight_smile: