DHC input bug

i’ve been able to recreate this bug many times, if you start mashing before the super actually starts, the game will automatically dhc, I hope capcom fixes this bug.

Here’s a kicker, I’m hoping someone wouldn’t mind testing further for me: Anyone play Iron Man? I haven’t tested this 100%, but try doing ADDF with Iron Man immediately after an Air Grab. If your input reads 2+3 and not simply 3, you’ll get ADDB (1 input). There doesn’t have to be a 1 input anywhere in the input systems memory for this to happen. It’s absolutely bizarre and absolutely asinine. There seems to be more to the input leniency that just a large buffer window and priority to specific motions.

So, if there’s something funky with the inputs for DHC during freeze, that’s fine, bug or not. But I just want to know the details so I can perform what I want when I want. Which leads me to this problem:

Go into training mode, with your team being Iron Fist, Hawkeye, whoever. Dummy team can be anyone, but I had wolvie on point for them. Walk dummy to the corner, as far as you can so you’re in point blank range, you against wolvie and wolvie with his back to the wall. Now, do Iron Fist’s QCF super, and DHC into Gimlet before Iron Fist’s super hits. You want to be against Wolvie so you have to DHC before the first hit; you dont want it whiffing.

So far, I can’t do it. If I cancel by doing the moves during the flash, I always get Hawkeyes DP+AA super, never Gimlet. If Im thinking right, the only way it might even be possible is to hit the buttons in the 2 frame window before Iron Fist’s super hits. That’s if its possible at all.

try qcf+AB,AB?

Return the stick to neutral after Iron Fist’s QCF motion but before tapping the 2 attack buttons, then input Hawkeye’s DHC during the hyper freeze close up. I just tested to make sure that this is possible.

If you’re still holding forward by the time the close-up shot happens (and Iron Fist’s QCF hyper only has 3 frames of pre-flash start-up), that input appears to be stuck in memory and will carry over to any DHC command entered during the freeze.

Yup, doesn’t work.

That worked. It’s fucked up, but it works. I was doing the motion as qcf,b+AA and was nailing it. Thanks much!

yeah, the motion and the buttons need to be separated. It’s ridiculous that it works like this, but what can you do : / At least now I know, so I won’t be randomly DHC’ing into Wesker’s lvl3/Magneto’s lvl3