Devil May Cry 5

Nero’s theme has it’s own music video

I got worried in thinking that it was an XBOne exclusive. There was a press release providing a few extra screens.

I am not all that crazy about the more realistic look, but graphically it is impressive.

1 Like

Faces look ugly and the music reminded me of the cheesiest bits of revengance, but I’ll bite as long as the gameplay is good. I’d still very much prefer if they went more Lovecraft style with the world and story feel.

1 Like

Hoo boy.

This is a hot one, and Nero looking almost like crap Dante was very concerning. If this goes back to DMC 4 quality gameplay, I’m all in. Just fix the fucking faces plz Crapcom…

With the renders they’ve done with this, I highly doubt that much will change. Look what Capcom did to Chris Redfield in RE:7

I actually like Nero’s new look. Doesn’t have that stupid baby face anymore.

3 Likes

That’s why it’s concerning for me. Crapcom digging that hole deeper like there’s no tomorrow.
I’m still reserving judgement if they can still pull off an MVC:I turnaround with the character models.
Hopefully, Trish and Lady would still be yummy AF lol

I’m so happy for Itsuno… I cried too.

1 Like

I like how Dante looks here. No time to shave in hell. :smiley:

I’m fucking hype. Goddamn, we’re finally getting it. An actual, real, honest to god Devil May Cry game.

1 Like

Yo…

comparison by DK

3 Likes

Yooooooooooo, man, I won’t lie that vid made me more hype than the conference trailer. I doubt I’ll ever be cool with hobo Dante but the action at least looks fuckin sick still.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever come down from the high I’m feeling right now lol. Anyway here’s what the community has discovered so far;

Speculation: Nero confirmed having motherfucking Style Switching! Looking closer at his outfit he has three Robotic Arms (Four when you include the one he’s wearing) hooked onto his pants near the back right pocket. Meaning D-Pad Style Switching is making a return. Also already confirmed by the developer is that Nero does use different type of Devil Bringers.

Red Queen (Nero’s Sword) has identical moves from DMC4. They didn’t show a single new move, but I’m going to assume he has a few new ones they haven’t shown off yet. Exceed, Nero’s Sword mechanic, is still presents along with EX Exceed attacks. Only new property I notice with RQ was the last attack of its Aerial Rave knocking the enemy far away rather than below him as in DMC4.

Blue Rose (Nero’s Gun) still has Shot and Charge Shot as its base moves. A new move (probably tied to styles), Nero plants a bomb on the enemy and Blue Rose is required to detonate it via Shot. There’s also a reflect type of attack with Blue Rose which knocks Nero away from the enemy and causes their projectiles to be thrown back at them.

Enemy Step still in. Of course.

The rest of the stuff like the Scatter Shot, the Uppercut Palm (explosion), the MK3 Robot Smoke Missile (with juggle/knock away properties) and the Witch Time Bomb are all new to his Devil Bringer kit.

I wonder if this will make @TemporaryAKI cry

3 Likes

Nah man, those were dark times. 10 long years of that shit. But for the most part I stayed as far away from DmC:DMC as possible. Didn’t care about any news related to that game or the retarded journalist. I let other people critic it and all that stuff. I know nothing about the game’s combat depth, I’m not even eligible to debate or give opinions on DmC:DMC and to be honest I’m glad I never went in on DmC:DMC like others have.

I’d say the most depressing thing about all of this is the mindset that has grown towards games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. in the last 5 - 10 years since many of them haven’t had a sequel in quite some time. The gaming industry has changed a lot, people prefer graphical advancements tied to Hollywood tier cinematics over combat innovation which is why DMC5 is using that more realistic look rather than the style of DMC4. Also, the Souls series is the combat standard right now. NIOH, Dark Souls, BloodBorne, Code Vein, Sekiro, and many others. I’m not even sure where DMC fits right now.

Eh, I’m just rambling lol.

I meant cry with joy lol

1 Like

Oh lol. Yeah, somewhat, but I mostly feel PTSD watching that video, not on Po’s level though, lol. Like… dude It’s been so long since I’ve been THIS excited for a video games. I can’t stop smiling nor tearing up a bit reading anything DMC right now. Seeing how excited Itsuno is in those interviews… that shit is slaying me.

Choked me up man.

1 Like

I really hope they beef up Nero’s moveset for this game. He was pretty dull in DMC4, especially in contrast to how over the top Dante was.

Still, I’ll be interested to see how this develops.

3 Likes

AKI pointed out some possible Nero changes from observations just above

2 Likes