Dee Jay Match Up Thread - A New Beginning?

Adon section updated.

Now includes: Added matchup weighting, expanded footsies/zoning sections, (thanks to Mighty Kurokiba), added a couple of general matchup notes (also thanks to Kurokiba).

Will I add my sections so? Also, I think we should focus on getting the look and content of the Adon one correct first, then we will have a template for the rest of the characters?

Sure, get started!

If you want to add Adon sections, I should be able to tweak the formatting.

Cool man, once we are happy with the structure/content, we can put a bit of work into the look of the guide (for example, bold/colored section headings etc).

By the way…guide name = WIN!!!

Great stuff guys, and also: Name of the guide made me actually laugh out loud.

In an office…

EDIT: Garak, as the topic creator, for ease of finding, can you edit the link to the google doc into the thread’s first post (yours)?

Mike, I just added some more sections and implemented a little formatting (color orange as it’s a DeeJay color). We can of course change it but just throwing it out there.

I think this is a part of the project where we need AS MUCH COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AS POSSIBLE - What Section headings would YOU like to see? No idea is too stupid or silly - all ideas are welcome and will be considered.

I like the look of the formatting/sections. I moved a bit of information around to fit the new headings better, and I think that the Adon section as sample format is looking pretty sweet.

As for how to fill the rest of the guide out, should we approach this by having individual users write up entries or have discussions about specific matchups one at a time and then aggregate the information?

I changed the link title for the first Adon video link to reflect the actual content. I would recommend we do this with every video we link. It also makes it easier to refer to the videos within the body of the guides.

@Mike, I think if someone volunteers to write a guide, they should be allowed. Then everyone can critique and add (but not delete without discussion) any points they feel is worthy.

Also, we should refrain from adding anything that is not relevant to AE2012. Once we have settled on a generic format for each guide, we can start work on other character match-ups.

Finally, one major point- given the fact there will be so many contributors, it is important that we are all using the same terminology. i.e - crouching heavy punch is always referred to as cr.hp and not cr.fierce etc.

Also some of the sections are much better when we have distinct opinions from multiple contributors - e.g match-up ratings and preferred ultra choice.

Also, we need to write each character as a separate guide which can stand out on it’s own. We need to refrain from writing such as “Evil Ryu - You need to play the match-up just like Ryu except xxx” We should write each match-up in vacuum.

Finally, is there a way to prevent “everyone” accessing the document. Right now, I can see a user called “anonymous user 722” looking at it. All it takes is one troll to delete everything. I would recommend we save every so often to our hard drives.

The nice thing about Google Docs is that I’ll have access to the complete revision history of the document and can restore it to a previous state if someone tries to wreck it.

The only options for making the document accessible are opening it to anyone with the link or opening it by email, which is more hassle than I think people would be willing to put up with.

oh great Mike!

Wow I just read the adon match-up now I feel like I was in Stanford taking Adon 101. Good stuff guys.

If the other matchups get fleshed out like that, I think we’ll have one of the best matchup resources around.

Document updated: Now with consistent formatting for all matchups!

At my local tournament, adding to the document as we go. Beginnings of a Sakura writeup after getting beaten by Shadowloo|SoL’s.

im going to download the docx on my phone and look up steups and matchups before each match like team korea SwiftRage!

Updated the doc with some of my insights on Vega. I also added a small tidbit in the Gief section. Hope it’s useful!

I fixed some of the formatting of what you wrote and added some Vega-related stuff as well. Thanks for contributing!

Google docs kept crashing as I was writing the Geif match up. Gave up after the fourth attempt. Will write offline and copypasta the work into the google gdoc when I’m done.

Added a bit on ultra choice on certain character.