Dead or Alive 6 - Discussion

He’s not wrong.
I don’t know why every developer’s idea of ‘accessible’ involves adding more buttons and/or systems.
DOA is accessible enough to start with. It had three buttons, two of which can be mashed to produce dozens of different attacks.

2 Likes

While I laugh I don’t think he was wrong. I don’t like seeing meters in 3D fighters personally. There’s a lot to already take into account with a 3D game and meter management won’t make any of them any better or accessible.

DoA was never my game, but despite collecting every Soul Calibur and Tekken well into the PS3 era, I have not invested in any Soul Calibur or Tekken bearing that 2D crutch, so I understand your friend. It completely fucks up priority, momentum, and risk/reward in 3D fighters.

Japanese Developers (because those are the ones using this shit gimmicks) are too fucking lazy to take the time to make tutorials to teach you the game anymore. its weird because KI, SG, VF, BB, GG (i think) have all done it, what is so hard about teaching your fighting game? DOA is even more absurd because of how easy it already it is to play. 3 buttons, dirt simple combos, great movement, easy to understand counter system for characters, what the hell else do you need?

1 Like
2 Likes

At first I wasn’t liking Kasumi’s costume, I thought the black costume from DOA5 looked much better, but the red color is growing on me. I notice Kasumi opens up saying “for the mugen tenshin.” I assume that means her exile is finally over and she’s no longer a persecuted shinobi.

from eh

■ Operation method " DOA 6 " has newly added a special (S) button in addition to the three buttons of punch §, kick (K), and hold (H) as before. By using this S button, the new system “Fatal Rush”, “Break Blow” and “Break Hold” can be borrowed. In the current version, the S button also works with the simultaneous push of P + K + H, so it seems that you can play with the 3 button operation as it is, but Mr. Shinbori said "S button is hit repeatedly, Because there are many scenes to use, I think that it is easier to play by assigning key settings to other buttons instead of pressing P + K + H simultaneously. "

■ Basics of Battle Basically batting (punch, kick, etc.) wins throwing skill, throwing technique wins the hold judging attacker’s opponent, hold is winning batting. It is the basic tactics of the " DOA " series that reads with this 3 mechanisms, becoming a “high counter” when winning, and the damage to the opponent will be significantly increased. In " DOA 5 ", the damage of the Close hit at the high counter (close hit of some blowing technique) was 1.6 times, but the current version of " DOA 6 " seems to be set twice. Mr. Niibori seems to like it because of exceptional refreshing setting, but this is said that it is still under adjustment as it has a big influence on the fight balance.

Well, " DOA " symbolizes the “critical stan” system. If you hit a technique with critical attributes, you lose the opponent and you can not move. By attacking while continuing this critical, combos of large damage will be able to aim. However, since the critical condition can only be used for hold, if you succeed in hold, you can counterattack while avoiding it. Will you continue with critical techniques? Or do you want to read the opponent hold out and aim for throwing? Reading like that is a real pleasure.

By the way, systems such as side step, power blow, power launcher, critical burst etc. that were in " DOA 5 " have not been introduced in this work.

■ New System · Side Attack (Command: ↑ or ↓ + S)

Instead of abolishing the side step, we introduced a new system called “side attack”. While releasing the lever (direction key) in ↑ or ↓, with the S button, while releasing evasive action sideways, release an attack that hits as it is. With a straight blow, you can attack while avoiding it. Although it can be used in a sense resembling the side step of " DOA 5 " in the sense that it avoids, it always creates a blow, so it is somewhat more risky. Also, since “side attack” is a technique to cope with the hit, if you succeed in “side attack” at short range, you can aim for major damage with counter hit & close hit. Furthermore, in order to blow away the opponent greatly, if you apply “Mass Destruction” etc on a certain stage, it seems that you can aim for a reversal.

■ New System · Break Gauge

“Gauge gauge” is a gauge displayed under the strength bar, it accumulates when you give damage by attack, or when you receive it in reverse (especially if you succeed in hold, it gets stuck). When the gauge fills up, you can consume all of the gauge and get “break blow” and “break hold”.

■ New system · Fatal lash (command: S → S → S → S)

Pressing the S button four times will result in a continuous attack. Every character is activated, and when the first hit it triggers a new fighting attribute “fatal stun”. Fatalistan state is an unprotected state where normal hold can not be performed, so basically it hits all stages. If the break gauge is full, the last one shot changes to “break blow” (however, the break gauge disappears). It’s an easy-to-use technique for beginners, as it’s an easy-to-use combo attack. Even for advanced users, the hit at all stages is merit. However, the fatal rush is an upper-stage attack with a slightly late skill, and when the first stage is guarded, there is a big gap for punishment. Moreover, there is also a weak point that it can not be derived from the next technique unless the technique hits.

■ New System · Break Blow (Command: → + S)

It is a so-called super mortal work that activates by consuming all full break gauge. When it hits, a special production enters, and it strikes a large damage to the opponent. At the beginning of the attack, at the beginning of the attack, there is the performance to judge the upper attack, the middle attack, and also the throwing technique can be won, so it can be used like a so-called “invincible technique”. Also, even when connected from aerial combos, it is easier to incorporate into a combo as it firmly hits all stages. After the technique, I will blow off the opponent greatly, but " DOA 5 ", like “power blow”, there is no direction selection etc. By the way, in the current version, if you decide “break blow”, there are also directing that the body gets scratched and costumes are torn.

■ New System · Break Hold (Command: → + S)

Holds high, mid, and low attacks. If it succeeds, it turns behind the opponent while giving a slight amount of damage, and it becomes possible to move a little before. The duration of the attack can be the same as ordinary hold. Although there is a risk, it is a very convenient returning technique, and even during “Fatalistan” by a fatal rush, only break-holds can come out. However, in anticipation of it, it is possible to turn around, “Stop” Fatal Rush "at the second row, bait the opponent use their “Break Hold”, then attack inbetween their “Break Hold” animation.

Not the best translation, but hope that helps a bit.

3 Likes

Interesting. So using fatal rush is basically a way to get easy guaranteed damage, or force your opponent to use meter. Pretty interesting option to me. Though I’m going to guess that it starts high so you don’t get to use it in a mixup.

Also, I know that some people don’t like meter in 3D games, but this system makes more sense to me that what they did in 5, where PLs and PBs were given at half life. This way, strong mechanics can be earned on offense, and you don’t get the ability to do 60% or more just because you got comboed twice.

1 Like

Team Ninja think their cave-in to the war on sexiness will appeal the pc gaming journalists, when in fact the pc police will stop at nothing until they achieve this.

3 Likes

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa6-famitsu-interviews-shimbori.7060/

2 Likes

I’m glad the S button is just a macro.

No tag battles apparently. DOA5’s was basically get juggles to death but it was still a fun mode to play.

Nobody took the tag mode seriously so I guess it was going away eventually. Sucks cuz it kinda did define free form tag vs, but just since the game wasn’t built around it it never went anywhere.

New side attack system sounds interesting. DOA was never big on sidestepping any way

So it looks like you can juggle into Break Blows and still get the full animation. This is so much better than how Power Blows worked where you could only really combo into them of a Critical Burst. That (alongside the fact that Power Launchers were often the better option) meant that you rarely ever saw PBs get used in high level DOA5. With the way BBs work, it looks like they’ll actually be a more usable option in DOA6, which means that meter management, and having to choose between saving for a BB, or using it to Break Hold will be a thing.

The official site launched

2 Likes

Just need my bae Mila and I’m snatching this up.

She always reminded me of Gina Carano

I am worried Rachel won’t be in the initial roster. She’s one of my favorite characters from Ninja Gaiden. The whole thing about having demon blood inside, and what it could mean for her and Alma is interesting. @sorwah please tell TN to include Rachel!!

1 Like

I just want stop force tech vortex back.

Message them on Twitter yourself. Its just as effective as my feedback would be.

While I don’t know if Rachel would return, my gut is telling me she will, even though I personally could care less as I find the character to be rather boring. Both in personality and in meta fighting style.

Ninja Gaiden characters might be kinda iffy for returning.