"Data acquired" - Character specific combos

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i feel retarded. been calling it poison sting since day 1. :- {

are you sure about this? i could not replicate it, the hp sting always whiffs.

what do you mean? are you saying that the sting hits meaty on standing or that it only works against standing? i couldn’t get the stinger to hit meaty but the all three hits connect just fine on both standing and crouching.

can’t get the stinger to not whiff on standing. do you mean max, including the follow up juggle? because cl.hp, cr.hp, hp stinger works on both standing/crouching and deals more damage without the juggle

hmm i had cr.hp whiffing on crouching honda, so idk whats up with that. Her hitboxes are wonky.

and yeah it’s possible for the sting to whiff in some of the combos. for the one with jabs it’s usually from not chaining fast enough, and the cl.mp combo i have no clue why they sometimes work/don’t. also forgot about cl.hp, cr.hp, my bad

did you test the combos from a particular side? and i assume you play on xbox? might there be some discrepancies in player side and/or xbox/ps3 version perhaps?

I play on xbox, but yeah no clue, i’ll retest stuff later.

I’ve been testing s.mp , c.hp , h.stinger on the cast after a dive kick(normal or EX).

So far I wasn’t able to land if on Juri and on some characters, like Ryu, you have to pay atention to the animation when they are hit.

Let me explain:

• I’ll be using Ryu, when you hit him with a Dive Kick and his head leans back, stinger will wiff. However, if when you hit him and he bends over, stinger will hit on the last active frame.

Other characters when they get hit and lean back, the combo works with no problem at all. On characters with bigger hitboxes it doesn’t matter where the dive kick hits.

The thing is, this is not something that you can create a reliable chart because it’s dependable on their hitbox, how that hitbox ‘reacts’ when in contact with a dive kick and where you hit them.

cr.lk, cr.jab, cr.hp, hp stinger 237/386
honda(s), ibuki(s), makoto(s/c), dudley(s/c), seth(s/c), gouken(s/c), akuma©, gen(s), dan(s/c), sakura©, oni(s*/c), elena(s), yun(s/c), juri(s/c), chun li(s*), dhalsim(s/c), abel(s/c), c.viper(s*/c), m.bison(s/c), sagat(s/c), cammy(s), deejay(s/c), cody(s/c), guy(s/c), hakan(s/c), guile(s/c), blanka(s), zangief(s/c), rufus(s/c), el fuerte(s*/c), vega(s/c), balrog(s), fei long(s/c), t.hawk(s/c), adon(s), rose©, yang(s/c), hugo(s/c)

Even though a character is listed (or not), I can’t guarantee that the combo will reliably work (or won’t) because of the variability in the idle animations (this is also true for every other combo in the op). I did multiple takes with some characters that have particularly squirmy idle animations and out of those i marked the unreliable ones with *, but there might be more to it.

Maaaaan, when we have more practice and experience, so all the character specifics have been fully optimized, Decapre is going to be a monster.

Do you guys like the current format of the OP? Or is a format that looks like this more preferable:

Cr.LK, Cr.LP, Cr.MP, Cr.MK xx HP Rapid dagger/Psycho sting
Psycho sting 239 dmg/358 stun
Rapid dagger 192 dmg/358 stun

*Psycho sting ok crouching
**Psycho sting ok standing

It’s a lot more readable i think, but i might end up with too many images.

Cool, but i wonder what do you mean by “Psycho Sting ok standing/crouching”? Does Psycho Sting not work on the characters that dont have any “*”?

EDIT: the image is good, i think it is far more readable that way.

Yeah, exactly, the stinger whiffs. The * means different things for different combos but for that specific one it means that psycho sting will connect, and in the other cases will whiff.

Ok, i take some of the informations here to make a note for a specific char int the matchup thread when a player struggle against a specific opponent. Is that bothering you?

Go right ahead. You can check out https://docs.google.com/document/d/18-4L34rMVNAxcw9VGdyZFsjVqF-deBSfeJ_5dFS-EDk/edit?usp=sharing for a more readable format until i’ve gotten around to update the OP

here’s a revision to cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp, cr.mk xx hands
stand/crouch
Ryu, Ken, E.Honda, Makoto, Oni, Chun-Li, C.viper, M.Bison, Evil Ryu
stand
Yun, Cammy, Yang
crouch
Decapre, Ibuki, Akuma, Dan, Sakura, Juri, Dhalsim, Poison, Blanka, Zangief, Rufus, Vega, Fei Long, Rose

I made some mistake when i first tested it, by either not chaining fast enough or not linking to mp on the first frame. I also made sure to try to reset the idle animation right before the lk connected in the retest. I won’t update the OP just yet as I also need to retest who psycho sting works on, but that’ll have to wait for tomorrow.

There we go, updated the op. Since the idle animations are fucking me over i’ve decided to leave out characters that seem too unreliable, arbitrarily decided by myself. I also decided to leave the format as is and instead just link the google doc in the OP, so people can have access to either a quick and dirty version or a nice looking, more readable one. I’m also working on listing the combos by character so people can have an easier time looking up what works on who

my abel notes

crouching
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hp psycho sting 208/318
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty) 242/403
cr.lp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting. 256/416
cr.mp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty) 301/466

standing
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk, st.lp, st.lk xx hp rapid daggers 156/305
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx hp psycho sting 208/318
cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty) 209/323
cr.lp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp rapid daggers 214/430
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty chain slowly) 214/323 - in corner 284/413 with followup mp psycho sting. 294/423 with ex psycho sting followup. 382/323 with DCM followup.
cr.lp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting 256/416
cr.mp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp rapid daggers 259/480
cl.mp/cr.mp, cr.mp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty) 271/366(minus 5 on all damage values for cr.mp). 355/474 for mp psycho sting followup. 367/486 for ex psycho sting followup. DCM not linkable? For dp meaty late cancel st.lk
cr.mp, cr.hp, stlk xx ex rapid daggers 304/515

5 different meaty psycho sting combos in there and max damage/stun from likely starters.

You’re too godlike. I didn’t have time to test things out too too much but are you meant to be able to follow up from all the meaty stingers? it felt like cr.mp cr.hp st.lk xx psycho sting barely hit meaty, unlike the combos against honda and hugo etc. which hit hella meaty, and there wasn’t enough time to follow up.

yeah you can followup on all of them, but the timing in which you cancel matters for how meaty it is. I couldn’t get dcm after the cl.mp, cr.mp, st.lk though, but i only tried a few times and will get back around to it.

fuuuuck, that was tedious. finally done with sorting the current set of combos per character in the google doc. next undertaking is to do the rounds with veserius abel combos to see if they work on more of the cast

edit: oh and if any mistakes are found, please do tell

with cr.mp cr.mp st.lk xx psycho, it seems that psycho will hit meatier if you link the mp on the second frame rather than the first. the pc release can’t come soon enough, would be so much easier to hammer out the specifics with the combo trainer

Due to request i added markings to combos that might be unreliable in the per character section. Generally, this means that the combos will work on jumpins, fa crumples, punishes etc., but will not work when started as a meaty on wakeup. It also got me thinking that some combos might not work when started from meaties on more of the cast, even though i’ve not marked them as unreliable. Testing that is a big and semi pointless undertaking at this point, though, at least until capcom have fixed the charge times.

There might also be that case that the combos work in every or most realistic situations on more of the cast. It sort of doesn’t matter if a combo doesn’t work in neutral if it works as a big punish, after focus crumple, after jumpins etc. I’d really appreciate any findings anybody could share because i’m not super excited about testing 10 different combos with multiple one frame links against the entire cast, as meaties, after focus crumple, after jumpins, as punishes and multiple times per situation to verify the reliability, by myself.

dudley(after meaty sting can link u2 midscreen)

standing
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty)
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp, cr.mk xx res(works on crouching after strike)
cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.mk xx res(works on crouching after strike)

crouching
ex strike/jumpin, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty)

crouching or standing
cr.lp, cr.hp, st.lk xx hp psycho sting (meaty)

forgot to note damage values but yeah. Easy u2 combos on dudley midscreen