Dark Slayer Style - The Vergil General Discussion Thread

It’s not the multi-hit dash it’s just a short dash (looks to go about a character length) with him slashing his sword upwards. He probably has more OTG shenigans as well just like Dante.

Anyone else catch that they gave Vergil a wall jump? A bit of a random addition to his arsenal. Can’t wait to play him. Nov can’t come fast enough

he i was watching to see if he did and he defo dose not build meter with that super out in fact in the iron fist demo while its out it jumps down another level when it swiches modes

okay this is fucking unfair how come Vergil can build meter while his swords out?!

http://asia.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/video.html?sid=6334347&pid=637240

observe at around 1:07. Vergil combos into his swords, and has about 1/8th of a meter as of the hyper flash. after he kills Ryu, he has about 1/3rd bar. goodness gracious.

he also has 3 levels at the start of the combo with swords out and when ryu is dead he has 2

Honestly i was hoping for Kanoleon to get the thread with the title of “Foolishness dante… Foolishness!” ah well…
Crazy how Vergil gets a lvl 1 Ouroboro’s but strider gets fucked with a lvl 3…
Vergil: Foolishness Strider… foolishness! lol Vergil is everything he should be pure fucking win simple…

I heard everyone can build meter during special start hypers (from what I heard)… although I’m not sure if Spiral Swords counts as a special state hyper

yeah I’m an idiot I was looking at the wrong bar. my bad lol, though it seems that it’ll cost a meter to send out the swords, kinda like Viper’s EX attacks.

edit: seems he can do it one of two ways: in groups, costing meter, or one by one, free of meter cost.

Im an idiot (and sleepy) i was looking at the wrong hyper bar. Although he doesnt build meter this also shows that going into his “defensive stance” as mazio put it, also costs a bar.

Vergil’s gonna be gdlk, I’m def gonna try him out for sure. Gotta see how his assists stack up!

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!! lol

GET OUTTA MINE SON! lol. I’m not even sleepy and at this point I’m just letting that Vergil hype settle down.

Make sure to get DMC3:SE if you want to play as Vergil. It’s also the best game in the series.

Damn haha down here in Colorado I am well known for playing Dante. Ultimate isn’t even out yet and I already Vergil related :smiley:
It’s ok that I didn’t get this thread though, so long as I get the Vergil Video thread… and maybe the combo thread :wink: I’ll be just fine

His J.:s: already shits on Dante’s J.:s: you see how fast that is?! Vergil has bold canceling! (Or whatever they are calling it)

Vergil can teleport while in the air! LETS FUCKING GO!

His lvl3 seems to only work when in DT so it’s basically a lvl4

And I know I seem crazy saying this after only watching vids, but it honestly looks like his teleport is a few frames faster than Dante’s

virgil swords remind me of spirals sword super

as long as it gets a badass/humorous name, idc who gets the threads

anyone notice if he has an airdash? I think I saw a two-way dash like Dante’s in one of the vids but I’m not too sure.

Vergil seems to be on-point in every way possible. Dat theme…

Can’t wait!

Vergil needs to say “Not very classy for someone’s dying words” as a victory quote.

He looks just as beautiful as Dante did when they first released him last year.