Dante Changes in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

I don’t really see much out of the triple jump/double air dash except giving you more time to be lame and call assists while in DT.

The only thing I see this doing is extending Devil Trigger combos for triple jump. Otherwise yea, just be even more lame than usual.

Anything that gives further reason to use devil trigger is welcome. I guess it could help his mix-up with the fake cross-ups and shit.

You can also get really anime and just do j.B>j.B>j.B trying to mix them up with assist and trying to cross them up during the process of double jump/triple jump. Along with adding fly.

Confirmed Dante changes after my 15 or so games with him on UMvC3:

• Likely hitbox reduction on st.:m:. No longer seems to hit near Dante’s feet, as I had it whiff through an enemy crouching next to me who then punished my whiff.

• Definite hitbox reduction on st.:h:. Vertical range has been decreased a lot, so no more AA :l::m::h::s: combos as the :h: whiffs.

• st.:l: seems largely the same, though it may have a vertical hitbox reduction as well, had a bit tougher time AA’ing with it.

• :df::h::h::h: Stinger wallbounce in corner is a bit higher than it used to be. Bold Move j.:s: seemed to almost always cross up.

• Basic :f::h: BC Volcano BnB still works but the timing is tighter for the airplay, j.:h:, land :h:.

• j.S/Hammer BnB requires instant Volcano after the knockdown for the airplay, j.:h:, land :h: to combo, and even then it’s very tight. If you delay the Volcano even a moment, it won’t work due to the hitstun deterioration timer.

• Smaller hitbox on :qcf::l: divekick. St.:l::m::s: nj.:m::h: :qcf::m: dj.:h: :qcf::l: was my generic AA combo starter, and the divekick missed almost every time unlike in vanilla. Could be due to an altered jump arc but the jump felt the same to me.

• Hammer is now done with :qcf::l:,:l:. It was annoying at first when I started to get accidental Hammer when going for divekick, but it’s a pretty easy to adjust to. Invincibility seems to still be there for the hitting frames, but may have been reduced during startup, I still stuffed a bunch of moves with it. The new motion seems to actually be a buff, since old Hammer had ~10F of startup before invul kicked in, which is worse or equal to new Hammer. However, old Hammer took ~28-30F to hit from first input, while new Hammer will only take ~20-22F. So the new Hammer has faster startup and is about as vulnerable as before. The new motion is also a big boost for when Dante comes in, since you can now fire off Hammer incredibly quickly without worry of being crossed up during your second :qcf: motion.

Went better than expected face

:smiley:

Updated OP copy and pasted most of this :slight_smile:

Yup, as I thought they definitely want shorter combos for a lot of characters.

Hammer becoming easier to perform is awesome. Does this mean his other moves have the same input?

As expected, the nerfs to his normals were given, hopefully they’re faster.

The DT change is nice.

Please god pleaaase

I’m really on the fence about his rekkas being easier especially since Capcom is increasing the effect of hit stun scaling. But then again with his Moves being this way (faster) we might see some new combos anyways :D. Here’s hoping Dante gets a new move as well coughfeedbackcough

I’d like it if some other moves were better, like DP+L and it’s follow up could be a reliable AA. Or if the follow up had no low hitbox or something. And qcb+M could have faster startup or something. Those moves are kinda useless, at least make them easier to use in combos for style points.

or change his normal standing gun cancel to make him crouching so it can’t be ducked.

“If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it” is a wise saying. The nerf on his already very slow normals makes no sense to me at all.

Man, if only there were more buttons to assign specials to lol. Feedback goes into his guitar stance if I remember correctly, and out of that he can go into even more moves.

I am soooooooo happy The Hammer imput is changed. Being a guy with terrible dexterity but a huge love for Dante, I was so sad that I could only preform The Hammer (which is a big part of Dante’s comboes) only half the time. I know the hardcore pro’s are laughing at my ineptitude, and I’m sorry for coming off like a nub but you don’t know how happy this makes me.

I really hope other double imputs like Beehive and Tempest get similar changes for my selfish sake.

EDIT: New moves? Trickshot, plz. Spiral needs some love. Ooh, and Nevan’s Crazy Roll. If I had to pick.

Trickshot would be so good in this game :smiley:

Make Multi-Lock a passively chargeable move like Zero’s blaster. Easily would be the best thing ever. Charge up to 8 and make them OTG.

Really happy about the Hammer input chance since i have a hard time doing it. But his other changes are terrible! You can’t AA with his normals anymore? That’s a huge part of my game right now. Crossing under them and getting them with MH. And his combos being harder really sucks for me since i have a hard time doing them as it is. I hope he doesn’t become unusable for me.

It really doesn’t seem like it’s that big of a deal. He got some slight nerfs, some buffs depending on how you look at em. I think he’ll feel primarily the same when you’re playing him.

Also, I don’t really care for the style change inputs being changed. I liked them the way they were, the only one that ever gave me any trouble was Beehive, and I still hit that 99.9% of the time.

What I want to know is what the synergy between Vergil and Dante is going to be like and what their character interactions will be like, such as what they say when one beats the other, when they start against each other, tag out, and intro for Team DMC.

There are a lot of characters that have a hit box that is really to large. Hagars hyper, the one where he punches you repeatedly and super fast. Ive seen that super hit the opponent while their feet is almost above Hagars head!

So they basically buffed Dante. LOL. All the combo shit he can easily get around and easier input/faster start up for mostly same invincibility/hit box properties on the hammer. Plus the new movement in DT. The only stuff they took away from Dante was stuff that didn’t stop Dante from making 2nd place at Evo and PR Rog hardly used all of his tools either (though used some interesting stuff I’ma have to use also).