Columbia, MO: It's just Too BRISK, baby

I beat the fuck out of this game yesterday.

It’s tough, but I’m pretty impatient with instant death scenarios that just test your patience (Magma pillars in Wily 1, Tornado Man’s jumps, getting combo’d into pit deaths by the elephants in Concrete Man’s stage, etc.). I perfected the Yellow Devil-type boss. I accidentally used my M tank before I fought the clones; if I hadn’t done that I would’ve beaten final Wily pretty easily. Of course I had to go through the whole fortress again after I went back and bought E tanks, another M tank, and a few more lives.

ANYWAY…

Game is too fucking BRISK baby!

Yall with 360s should try out Battle Fantasia. Its pretty dope.

Thats good shit Aaron. Yo, how are we handling accomdations for SB3. Hotels are already startin to get full, so we need to figure out that shit asap. Hollar at me when you got time and we’ll hammer out some schemantics.

Also 10 days til i start droppin them lavendar shoes on peoples domes! F for Fandetta: Fans of Vengeance! THE SEQUEL!

Yeah, I went to sleep because I realized I needed an M tank for Wiley and didn’t feel like beating it all over again b/c it was so late. Quick question: how did you get past the three horizontal lava pillars? I ask because I wonder if there is more than one way, as I just made up some bullshit and it worked

did you figure out all the best weapon choices? I have everything worked out save for final wiley and the clones

Final Wily you should be using Magma Man’s weapon, because of the spread effect. In fact, on his last two forms you need to use Magma Man, thus the need for an M tank. Pretty cheap!

Hornet Man also works on final Wily, but you better fucking win because of the limited ammo.

Galaxy Man loses to Concrete Man/P shot (generally my first pick in stages, he’s easy)
Jewel Man loses to Galaxy Man
Plug Man loses to Jewel Man
Tornado Man loses to Plug Man
Magma Man loses to Tornado Man
Hornet Man loses to Magma Man/P Shot
Splash Woman loses to Hornet Man
Concrete Man loses to Splash Woman

Lava bullshit - I Rush Coiled over the first one, then in the next room with the 3 horizontal pillars I jumped on top of the left one and fired a Concrete Shot at it as it fired. As the second one fired, I jumped and shot it, got on top of it, and turned and shot the third one really fast. I went up the far left ladder and got the E tank, then came back down and shot the top column from the ladder, jumped off and ran to the right ladder to move on.

What bullshit did you do?

Actually, for Wily forms two and three I used Concrete shot (does hella on the second form!) and then P ball (good damage but negative range :sad:) for the third. You might be right in Magma is safer, way safer in fact, but I got greedy and wanted more damage

In the three pillars room I jumped on the first one and then rush jetted my way up and out. I didn’t even bother with the E tank :lol: Does Concrete freeze the pillars? :lol: I didn’t even know!

I gotta say I agree going with galaxy man first, as you don’t even need to use Concrete shot on him he’s so easy

Josh - saw your im before I went to bed. Actually, I tend to think (right now at least) Mega Man 9 ranks pretty high in the series because unlike the later games it doesn’t contain most of the ridiculous crap (spelling b-e-a-t, rush rocket pack etc) and doesn’t try and make the game into a ridiculous scavenger hunt.

I’d say at worst it’s still better than 5-8, putting it (imo) square in the middle of the original series. It also beats the later X series game with a stick as well; anything after x3 is pretty much garbage.

my IM was stating that you r burning ur self out on the game already:looney:

The game, I’m sure, is fun. i’ve read reviews and am looking forward to playing it… sometime in the near future… at someone else’s house:confused:

I was surprised when i read there was no buster/charge beam. and then when i read there was no slide i was like :wow: DAMN!!! But in a way, both of these things brought a smile to my face because 1 is my fav, 2 is 2nd fav, and 3 is 3rd fav. All other Mega man games pale in comparison to the HOLY trilogy. 4 is bad, but has 2 cool stages. 5 and 6 are just atrocious.

Paul, if u still don’t have super stardust HD yet, you’re doing a disservice to ur TV, and to yourself as a gamer. The game is truly one of the best games i’ve played in a long time. No BS. Trust me, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Honestly, it’s one of 3 reasons i want a PS3, the other 2 are SF4/HDR of course.

EDIT: paul, did u ever get a USB adapter so u can play emulators?

I need to get an actual adapter like you and Aaron have because I don’t have XP or Vista so my 360 stick won’t work :annoy: I should pick one up here in the near future.

You know, from memory I don’t remember 4 being that bad at all. I beat it again when MM Collection came out, but haven’t played it since. I’ll have to check

No, I don’t have Super Stardust yet :confused: I do plan on checking it out soon tho:lovin:

MM4 is good, like simon’s quest is good… Both are horrible games in comparison to the rest of the franchise.

I downloaded SSHD today and promptly posted a horrible score. Surely I can do better than 121,000th place…

Josh - games tonight/this weekend? I’ll try to get ahold of Shekeib whenever we play as well.

Anyone else? (games will most likely be GGXX, 3S, maybe ST)

EDIT: Aaron you coming down this weekend? I’d like to get games before SE-R, but if you got other shit to do s’cool

What the hell, why? I think all of the MM games are shitty except for 2 and kiiinda 1, but how can you compare any other game, let alone MM4, to Simon’s Quest? Do you think 4 is even worse than 5 and 6?

ok, I’m lost.:confused:

I’ve only played MM4 a few times, and it was such a bad experience that i didn’t want to play it again. 5 and 6 are the same way, can’t really remember them, which is a sign that they’re not that memorable games. The bad guys are hokey in 5 and 6, and in 4 they just ripped off 2, but they’re much worse. The series went downhill after 3. Some would say(i guess u andrew) that the series fell after 2? I’m gonna say that I liked “And Justice for all”(MM3) and I didn’t like the “black album”(MM4):wink:

As far as comparing mm to simon’s quest, just saying that those games are bad in comparison to the normal franchise titles… sorta? IDK?

EDIT: Andrew, I’m pretty sure u would like super stardust HD.

Those metallica references were horrible, i think you gave me cancer. Though i suppose you could call MM9 “Death Magnetic” since it’s a return to greatness, but then again I liked 90’s metallica as well as 80s. S&M is actually my favorite album.

For me the series really dropped after 6, I enjoyed 4 and 5, though I know and accept that they aren’t as good as their predecessors. 3 is actually my favorite even though I think 2 is the better game.

Time for me to take and nap then go hit dat crown. Expect drunk posts in the near future.

You need to stop. Death Magnetic is so terrible I listened to half, HALF a song before I wanted to shred my own eardrums with a vegetable peeler. Unforgiven 3? Are you fucking kidding me?

Then again, I think liking 90s Metallica (and late 80s too, really) is sorta akin to liking U2. I just don’t see why anyone would do that to themselves :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well said.

Don’t get me wrong, 4’s like definitely bad and all and I remember after 3 which was such a huge jump it was just kind of like what the fuck is this, but I’ve gone back and played it and I actually think it’s okay. It’s been a while, maybe my opinion’s changed. It could be it just looks better compared to 5 and 6.

My take on 9:

First, the bad. What the crapping fuck is up with the graphics? They’re terrible. I’m not talking because they’re NES-style, the shit’s just lazy. So many of the backgrounds are just one solid color (even Mega Man 1, which looks really primitive, had Bombman’s stage and stuff, and IMO Mega Man 3 is one of the best-looking games ever in terms of artistic design) and like the snow in Tornado Man’s stage (I think it’s Tornado Man?) looks like it was drawn in MS Paint.

Also storylines don’t belong in games kiss my ass Capcom no one cares.

I actually like pretty much everything else a lot though. I love all the cheap instant-death bullshit the game has and I like how the enemies don’t go overboard with all the stupid boring “I have a shield up 99% of the time and when I stop to fire you can hit me” Mega Man bullshit. I’m gonna go beat the game now (or try…) so maybe I’ll come back in ten minutes spitting fire over how shitty the game is. But this is probably, gameplay-wise, my favorite MM. It’s just so half-assed I can’t say I like it more than 1 or 2.

edit: Oh also the reason there’s no charge shot or slide is because in a week they’ll let you pay $2 to download Proto Man and he can do both of those things. Fucking weak IMO but the game is fine without the charge shot or slide so maybe I just won’t waste my money.

Yeah, that is sorta what I’m thinking as well. I just haven’t decided whether I care enough to spend the $2

I’m finally getting used to the pace of study here at JCMU, but I don’t think I have time to go to a-cho regularly anymore so no more Guilty Gear I guess.

Sadly I’ve actually been getting into Brawl over here because there’s a good Brawl player staying at the dorms. Now that I’m starting to come to terms with some of the stuff I don’t like about the game I actually think it’s pretty good, the game is based really heavily around footsie and spacing so even if the melee/mixups leave something to be desired it’s still pretty fun I think.

The guy I’m playing with would definitely be good at other fighting games since he has a very strong understanding of spacing, whiff punishing and general fighting game fundamentals, so I am going to try to get him into Guilty Gear too. We’ll see.

edit: and here’s a weird one too, I actually can’t really beat Nathan more than 50/50 on a good day at Brawl, he’s really good at it (relative to the rest of us except for Gabe). Maybe I can finally get him into GG too.

I’ll assume you’re talking about Columbia Nathan, in which case I had no idea he really played Brawl. I mean, I figured he had played it but didn’t know he played a lot.