"Check out my new arcade stick!" Thread - Mortal Kombat Edition

I’ve mounted a Competition stick in the box and I used Happ concave buttons as they seemed to be closest to the real machines. I’ve trying to figure out the which height I should make it. Taller or shorter? It has two stick heights…

I like playing UMK3 with my SFAC stick.

where are these so called “replacement plates” for fightsticks with an mk layout? i’ve got two fightsticks so i wouldn’t mind taking one of those and getting this panel for it. only if its the umk3 layout.

Does anyone know where to get the original Midway MK stick that’s longer? I always preferred that to the Happ/iL ones.

My new MK9 cab for evo 2011

What the fuck is that ingenious shit?

its at this totally super awesome mexican restaurant here in columbus. but i LOL’d at this thing lol

Wait, what restaurant is that Tim?

Happ/IL sticks are height adjustable. You might just remember them being at the tallest setting which a lot of people don’t use today.

Unless you’re thinking of a WICO stick that might have been installed in a machine back in the day, those are slightly different.

Fiesta Jalisco on 1-61

Smoke and Kenshi Concept Custom Sticks

I plan on making a bunch of these. Its pretty fun. More info, pics and vids to come…

Pics

Construction: [media=youtube]LpPslhX6aBk[/media]

Explanation: [media=youtube]ZO9x0t3zdB8[/media]

Working: [media=youtube]Z51m-6-K1_o[/media]

Nice videos, wish I could afford one. Do wanna see if you do that Goro stick though

I’m working on it. I’m like all ADD these days though. One day I’m building sticks, next day fixing cars. The cold weather out here is really slowing me down though.

Just installed my TE stick panel replacement on my stick. Has the MK layout and everything. :slight_smile:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6961/image14ae.jpg

that layout looks VERY spread out

It does sort of but the buttons all have black rims that don’t seem to photo well which I think adds to the illusion.

Yeah, it’s likely the button rims.

A scrub question but why is th MK button layout like that ? What are the middle and “southwest” buttons for ?

Block and Run respectively. As for why its laid out like that…cause it’s awesome?