Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Thanks @jonyfraze!

It’s all running on a single 5v line to UFB and Arduino.

1 Like

you really stepped up the game, the bar is too high now!

Thanks for the kind words @Voodin!

It was over a year long project, so if anything, it probably set the bar on how long it actually took to finish. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m actually glad I maxed out the overhead, because I would have gone on forever if I didn’t run out of memory.

I have a few more demo videos to do, just taking a break to gear up for the next set.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a well-made wooden case for a secondary hitbox I’m making. I’m not interested in foehammer, and price is not too much of an issue. If anyone has any recommendations or can point me in the right direction, please @ me or DM me. I’ll be posting the finished product in this thread when I’m done. In the meantime, here’s my blast city inspired panzer!

5 Likes

sent you a message about the one on the right made out of curly maple.

it’s not exactly an arcade stick, but it’s a fightpad :smile:

My custom Injustice 2 fightstick. I had this made out of an injustice 1 fightstick. I didn’t like the flimsy loose Japanese joystick that came in the original one. (No offense). I Took the guts out of it, and put them in a wooden housing. Happ Competition Joystick with an american button layout. I kept the original buttons because they had the led’s Built in. Also there’s a Backlit marquee! If injustice 2 had an arcade cabinet this is what it would look like.

I have a guy here local in SoCal who can make and fabricate you a housing. He can make your idea come to life.

I’m gonna take another injustice stick and make it into a custom chun Li one. American style with an IL magnetic joystick. Since I’m an American arcade player I always liked the American style joysticks. Check out my little quick explanation video. Injustice 2 Fight Stick - YouTube

FE8_AB8_F0_2514_4877_BF4_D_163_AD6571_C45
CDB8_B13_B_BE08_441_F_97_BC_4739_AFC68_F78
3_F0_D0_A89_6_DB0_4_C5_B_807_C_DDC5_B736011_A

712_A9893_5_E36_44_D1_906_F_31976353_CA66
A03_C728_D_86_A9_49_D6_A662_52_C647_B436_B4
0_A3_E861_B_886_F_4725_9848_BC5_FEDD00566
4_BD911_D0_9_C7_D_4318_8_B91_14526_AF02_E85
4_B42_CB22_71_E6_4_AC8_9_EA5_11_AD573_B080_B
russian photo host

9 Likes

Doesn’t the completely non-ergonomic button placement bother you?

Nope. Perfect for me

3 Likes

Maybe his fingers are all the same length…

2 Likes

Lol not quite. But I do have large hands. I like the spacing on the American layout. Plus that’s how I’m used to playing in the arcade. Sheesh u guys are brutal. Just trying to share my creation.

2 Likes

I’m getting really tired of people poking fun at the Straight-6/8 layout. Yes, it’s not the most ergonomic layout on the planet. However, a lot of us (at least in the West) grew up using it. If someone is comfortable using that layout to body your ass, then that’s all that matters

8 Likes

It’s still more ergonomic than Vewlix, somehow

Even with Japanese style layouts my fingers still are all over the place lol. It’s all personal preference. It’s not like he is playing DBFZ with the MK layout lol

1 Like

great case design and theme but yea the traditional American layout always looked so awkward lol…like you’d have to play with a clawed hand or something…case and lighting is on point though. I like the T-moulding like the old cabs.

Thanks. But yeah I like American Joysticks too. Happ Competition. The ball tops are too loose and sensitive for me. I need that responsiveness from the happ. I’m gonna be posting more American sticks soon. I’m currently modding my SF 15th anniversary stick. Triple mod. Brooks UFB X Mc Cthulu X Kaimana Mini Led light board. Can’t wait til it’s done.

3 Likes

I have an MK Stick too that I use for mkx

11646_DC0_B876_40_A3_905_D_CA5466_FB2678
295_FC712_325_B_47_FC_8_C81_2_EB0_CFC0_B720

2 Likes

Yeah I got the tournament edition one that came with MK9. I just tightened the buttons on it. Taking that shielding off in the back of the panel sucks x.x I need to get a Ps3 to XBONE Brook to play my copy of MKX and some other games with my Madcatz SE Ps3 Edition.

From experimenting with my Ultra Ulia case I need to stop procrastinating and finish up, Sega Astro is definately the one true way and people should make commercial Astro sticks again

1 Like

What’s an Astro stick?