Cell Thread - Utter Perfection

I was actually thinking about the GO1 variation which just requires Vegeta as assist, kind of works for 2M-5M as well (but isn’t a TOD, really close to it though). Wanted to add that the Cell Vegeta GO1 ToD causes the 214L xx lvl1 super to whiff on certain characters: Krillin, T.Gohan, K.Buu, Beerus, Broly… (incomplete, did not test everyone*) In this case, substitute 214L with 214M and when Cell teleports back to the ground (crosses over the opponent, reverse controls), perform the supers there.

Made a video for those, including your followup. I couldn’t get a ToD without the use of starter 6H for the GO1 ToD variation though (using 2M5M starter):

1 Like

Yeah that one only need 1 assist but need 2DHC. And doesnt work vs opp too close to the corner. Also i think you need to start with at least 5 meter for it to work…and mostly it’s not a ToD for our team TT. Final Flash is one of the lowest damage lvl 3. Go1 kill with DHC into big bang attack, into family kamehameha :confused:
You can squeeze a bit more damage and maybe get the ToD if you spark right after 2M and cut some jL where you can.

Nice in your vid to use 214S instead of DR does it deal more damage?

So the 214S part was something relatively new to me. I believe by itself, DR/throw does more damage… however in this case, due to the amount of scaling applied prior linking to Sparking, the damage output is less than 214S.

I’m actually going to test something else too just for learning experience… to see if “held” DR is “not” the automatic GO TO when maximizing damage.

EDIT (RESULTS):
Non-held DR: 9902 dmg (6860 dmg w/o followups)
Held DR: 9965 dmg (6923 dmg w/o followups)
214S (vid): 10013 dmg (6971 dmg w/o followups)

Side note: I was mistaken that it affects scaling on the later hits. It actually does do better damage depending on the amount of hits/scaling applied prior instead.

yeah and since the combo is always a corner carry. 214S will never whiff. In your vid you added a jL on the 2nd jump loop that’s why DR doesnt ToD (my exact notations deal 10002-1017damage depending on when the 5M hit exactly after the vegeta assist). But with 214S you have more leeway that’s great, just have to delay the super a bit and it’s still the same ToD.
need to test if 214S build a teeny more meter tho, to have that combo at 4 meter start exaclty would be great.
I’ve seen Leffen work on stream on a 0meter starting ToD with his team. it seemed to look a bit like this.
midscreen-corner only.

2M6H214L Sparking 2M6H IAD JM J2H Land dash 6H5H jLjM jLjM jS 214L jLjMjS Superdash jLjMjS 236L +vegeta assist 5H214M vanish before the last hit. DR assist 214S chain super.

his assist was A21 and the timing looked strict as fuck. since it’s corner 16 might work the same.

Timing looked strict as fuck tho.

1 Like

Double post for another izi ToD.

Corner only 3.1 bar starting, Sparking, 1 assist, 2 DHC.

2M5M jM jM jS 236S Sparking 2M5H jMjS dash jM j2H SD jMjS j236M Vegeta assist, lvl 1 214L lvl 1, DHC

EDIT : Here’s a 1.1 meter starting version. Using 2 assist.

Continuing the research for happy birthday combos