Captain America Assist Character Tier List

Are you saying that certain characters aren’t garbage because certain people are good enough to win with them? I would have to disagree with that. To put it politely, I think the phrase “Remy Combo Video” sums it up nicely.

Well, combo videos are just that. Combo videos.

I’m just saying you can’t dismiss a character as trash without putting in time. A person with 10 hours with a character will always be worse than a person with 500 hours. If that person with 500 hours does as poorly as the 10 hour character, then yes, that character is trash. I’d like to think that most characters in this game are at least viable.

Yeah, I tried out Akuma and the tatsu’s poor for combo extension ¬_¬ The uni beam is good for meter building, but I could have sworn I did less damage using it then doing my plain Cap bnbs.

I’m changing what I wrote before … I’ve got my views on Thor, Iron Man etc. They may not be easily picked, but neither is Zero… though I admire what Abegen’s accomplished (and I’ve seen a Japanese 3rd Lord using Hulk, She-Hulk, and Phoenix Wright lol), I feel there are definitely some characters that are better than others.

I’ve seen that team LOL. It’s rather funny to see play.

Unibeam scales the damage pretty hard, so you’re correct about that.

I mean guys, think about this. Cap doesn’t have raw mixups, he doesn’t have great solo rushdown, his health is above average. but not astoundingly high, what does he do? Why do we stick with him? One hit. One hit is all it takes, and without assists even you’re still looking at death for Strider and Akuma, some of the deadliest characters in the game.

Why would we rock assists that takes away the one truly fantastic thing about the Captain besides the fact that he’s Captain Fucking America?

I’m out of space on the initial post to talk about Spencer, let alone address the entire cast of the game. Ideas?

I’d argue that Magneto Hyper Grav is a better assist for Captain America than EMD. It gives corner relaunch for free, incoming mixups, and magnetic tempest Team Hyper Combo to guarantee kills. How are you guys using EMD so that it’s actually useful for Cap? If you do EMD, charging star, CS is still unsafe. If you do EMD, backflip, you can’t convert off of the hit. You’d have to do something like EMD dash forward frame trap or something right?

And Captain America’s shield goes really well with Magneto. Trijump high/low turns into trijump high/low left/right if you time the mixup right since the shield pulls the character forward.

I think a really strong team is the one I use- Captain America (SS) / Sent (Drones) / Magneto (Hyper Grav).
CA goes well with drones. You get corner relaunch and mixups on incoming with Magneto.
Sent doesn’t really benefit much from Shield Slash (although I have team specific stuff that I use it for including resets and frame traps) but gets some interesting stuff off hyper grav (not sure if it’s optimal yet, but I can get like 870k off one meter with hyper grav combo extension).
Mags obviously goes well with drones and if you use shield slash right, it’s great.

Although Mags/Sent is really strong, I’d argue that if Mags isn’t point, then X/Sent/Mags is better than X/Mags/Sent. Maybe team dependent. HCS DHCs into Plasma Storm for HUGE damage which can Dhc into magnetic tempest. Sent anchor is terrible so you can just flail around with Sent until you can DHC into Magneto so that you get Mags/Sent. If Sent was going to die, at least you’re stuck with lvl 3 x factor anchor Mags instead of losing the game. Sent/Mags isn’t bad (it’s unconventional though) and you always have the DHC option to reverse the order while still having a strong anchor. Mags/Sent is great, but Mags could easily die on incoming. Mags/Sent is stronger than Sent/Mags, but if Mags dies, you’re stuck with anchor sent which is terrible.

Google Docs.

This is just my opinion of course, and though your skill level may prove more than otherwise lol, but I think Cap definitely needs a beam assist, though preferably a durable one. I think Drones do go with Cap, but not on their own- I think they need to be backed by the Plasma Beam, or the Unibeam, like in Condor_Missiles team.

I don’t like the Drones because their slowness and durability doesn’t rely protect Cap; a Disruptor beats the drones on reaction.

I use Magneto’s Estaka! (2:54) over the hyper grab (grav?), reason being it’s fast start up time, which also beats the plasma beam and Unibeam. And it’s good for the cartwheel mix up. And I don’t have problems combo-ing of the mix-up, in fact it’s the main tool I use to open my opponent up with Cap… unless they’re too high up lol.

Got an example of the timing for the mixup? When I tried it, it seemed way too fast for the mixup, but that was a long time ago. Like I was recovering from the cartwheel too late to combo off the knockdown that disruptor gave. Beams (esp fast ones) help Cap, but I don’t really like EMD because it wasn’t helping with combo extensions or mixups when I tried it. Hypergrav helped with both in my setups. You don’t really need to worry about drones if you call it right because they can’t snipe Sentinel if Cap is on the ground or else Cap can just charging star (L to protect or H to hit the opponent).

I do the cartwheel and call distruptor at the same time, so that Cap’s on the otherside before Magneto actually performs the beam. I usually follow up with S. The only good thing about it is that its quick; there isn’t that much hitstun on it, so it’s kind of snappy.

I’ll have to try it out when I gEt home from vacation. I wanted to use disrupt or for certain matchups

I actually just got Gmail, so good timing!

Yeah, doing a cross-up with Cartwheel is harder than other assists, but the benefits are nice.

My tiers have been moved to my Google Docs, Spencer coming soon. I’ll also be adding the recommended teams as a doc soon enough. Also removing the color and theme stuff, it’s getting distracting.

Hsien Ko assist… when golden… oh god its too good!

If they block it when cornered, it will actually push them out of the corner quite a bit so shenanigans in the corner. Also its got hyper armour so makes it can’t be interupted. Also allows for a double Charging star ender and I think there is enough blockstun to do j.M jc j.dHS mixup. If only Hsien Ko had better movement but since this is all about assists it doesn’t matter. Btw, I recommend having a set structure for the docs and also to fix the link in the first post.

Anyway here is a nicely laid out assist format that I have started on with Jill assists:
Jill
**Assist **α Cartwheel kick
Combo continuality

• Can relaunch (awkward timing when calling assist)

• Can increase damage on combos slightly

• Can’t do double Charging star end

• Not affected by Hit stun decay due to wall bounce, Adds quite a bit of HSD
    Setups

• Bad cartwheel mixups

• Can be used for snapback mixup due to size of hitbox

• Uses Ground bounce

• Scales slightly but can increase overall damage in a combo

• Very unsafe

• Powered up makes no difference

• Can be used in THC to finish combos due to OTG properties
    DHC

• Need to omit the last hit to DHC Raven spike (DP AA)

• Cannot combo after DHC Hyper

• Can DHC Mad beast but can’t follow up due to knockdown

**Assist **β Arrow kick
Combo continuality

• Can relaunch easily (backdash after OTG)

• Can increase damage on combos

• Possible for double Charging star end (requires backdash before doing it)

• Not affected by Hit stun decay due to ground bounce, Adds little HSD
    Setups

• Good for cartwheel mixup with plenty of time to continue combo

• Snapback mixup only works on characters without double jump/teleport/air dash

• Uses wall bounce

• Unsafe

• Powered up makes no difference

• Can be used in THC to finish combos due to OTG properties
    DHC

• Need to omit the last hit to DHC Raven spike (DP AA)

• Cannot combo after DHC Hyper

• Can DHC Mad beast but can’t follow up due to knockdown

Hey guys, remember to be checking the Google docs, I’ve been updating them, and be formulating your own lists!
New as of this post: Yet another Dr. Doom positive (courtesy of Delaware player Grimey Grizzley for showing off the tech at the Xanadu Monthly this afternoon), and Zero tech I just found out about a few hours ago! (Hint: He’s in the projectile thread.)

Also, I’ll now be adding the tag “DOOM NOTE” for when I want to discuss how this affects the use of the Doom-B assist.

The link in the first post to the tier list is incorrect. Could you please correct it?

I was having problems with this too. I think I’ll just post them to my facebook.

Your google docs link is wrong. Just read the URL: https://drive.google.com/#my-drive