Cammy Match-Up Discussion: Nash

The first is learn to block which is obvious tho sometimes it can be hard to react. I find that if you know its coming at some point a simple dp works or jump forward and press a button. I believe if you jump back and he does the cross up it leaves a bunch of characters right next to him which isnt very good not sure about cammy but try jumping away from it when you see the flash.

I thought once you heard the activation if you hit st HK it beats anything he does for free with a counter hit. To be honest I feel bad for Nash. I rarely ever get hit after he activates it. It has to be done in a combo to really be effective as you have quite a bit of time to guess which side to block on otherwise. Most use it on me to try to escape the corner.

The only thing I can tell you Rainbow is to go into training and set the dummy to activate over and over with the different setups and then try to block the right way. It’s your reactions that is the issue on this one. Once you get used to it, it will become much easier to see coming.

Yeah your right, should have thought of that. I’ll record a dummy doing some v-trigger mix-ups. Thanks!

I literally posted the solution right above your question.

It’s cos I thought there is no way that could work. But you made me eat my words cos I tried it with training dummy and it totally stuffs his v-trig! Thanks haha.

Nvmind

Ran a set (FT5) with probably the best Nash player I’ve fought so far, NeonVerte. He was a very good Rose/Seth player in SFIV. First time playing him in SFV.

Was gonna post it regardless of the score, so here it is.

Curious to hear ideas/thoughts on the approach and everything I took.

Nicely played I actually thought u played well (only watched the first 3 matches) ur a lot better than I am so not much advice I could offer u. My only advice would actually go out to NeonVerte I thought he could have played much lamer against u.

Yeah, it works sumtime only, some of nashed love to do Scythe beginning of round, MK or HK scythe i believe, but hard to punish if u don’t do it in reaction, even if u do it in reaction, they manage to block it, input lag i guess, and in worst case, if lag spike, suddenly they appear in front of your face and throw ur ass off, most nashed i fought are damn laggy, teleport everywhere :o

Mk scythe is the sidways kick right?

I’m terrible with move names.

At the beginning of rounds u can do cr.mk xx arrow for free against it. Not as a punish. A counter poke

Yeah, I do this a lot. Some Nash’s do catch on quick though and do light SS at the start of the next round, which will beat out Cammy’s cr.MK.

Yeah @Necrotrophic, but provided u predicted that nashes do that in the beginning of round so that u can counter poke it with that, for during a round match,is still hard to punish anyway in reaction.

What do you think the odds are they nerf Nash’s dash a little? Offline I am able to blow Nash’s up when they dash at me, but with the slightest amount of lag they become impossible to react to in time as the animation becomes like a teleport. You see the slight flicker of their dash hit your button but they’re already grabbing or counter hitting you. They need to add a few frames or change the look of the start of the animation so you can see it better.

I’d like if the dash animation didn’t start half way through the actual dash. Hopefully they fix that

I’d like it if there were a few extra recovery frames on his dash (after the real dash animation is finished) so I can at least cr.LP if he dashes while I’m focused on other things. I doubt it will be changed though, since its a defining feature of Nash IMO

I’m with Necro on this one. Because he doesn’t show any noticeable movement at the beginning of his dash it’s really like he has an 8 frame dash instead of 17 frame one. They just need to add something to the beginning so you can see it’s a dash and that would be fine. No need to add frames at the end as that would make it too easy to punish, much like our back dash is with it’s slow start up and obvious cartwheel motion.

lol

R.I.P indeed… Jesus lol

So Nash can’t blindly do scythe kick? You mean he actually has to try and keep us out now besides just back dash, fireball, scythe, v-trigger repeat? You mean he actually has to think about using an ender move rather than just doing it? RIP indeed.

To be honest this is good for everyone. I’ve been reading reddit and so many are like omg I had no idea how to play the game because I picked so and so and repeated brain dead setups over and over. Taking this stuff out forces you to have to learn how to play the game and deal with situations.

RIP fraudulent dash back dash forward scythe “zoning” Nash. Time to think about what you’re doing.