Cammy Match-Up Discussion: Alex

Sounds about right. I have been doing ex hooligan then immediately dive kick to keep pressure going at the end of block strings (although people could just hit buttons or dp if they wanted) this does build grey health quicker for those who just only want to block. Then when you land that throw it really hurts them.

You can whiff light attacks to make the alex respect using the elbow. If you have good reactions you can cancel jab into fierce into spiral arrow since it is a counter hit. Although there isnt a real answer for ex elbow, but that is punishable (-10 on block). So you can play chicken with alex.

Seems the key to this matchup is delayed dive kicks

I think this hits the nail on the head. The players that give me the most trouble are the ones who are difficult to anti air because of the weird timing on their dive kicks. If you’re getting jab AA’d you’re being too predictable. I actually came in here to see what you guys thought about this MU because I find it to be very difficult (for alex). Also, don’t be afraid to cannon spike. Everything alex does is slow as shit. Even if he blocks it you could end up in a better position taking a medium button punish than being in his blender.

Is there any reliable way to challenge his cr.MP?

Try st.hp works for me.

Are you reacting to the MP or anticipating it?

A mix of both actualy,depends on how the Alex plays, on PS4 I anticipate them on PC I can usualy react to them.