Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Probably identical to the brook ps4 fightingboard, on ps4 obviously

hey @jonyfraze can you do a quick vid showing this off a lil bit? :slight_smile:

Itā€™s to install a 3 way switch

Looking for the input lag tests.

Fuck.

Sorry if Iā€™m misunderstanding but are they for the same thing then, the ones labeled J2 and J7? I see the SPDT switch for the J7 being for switching analog sticks and D-pad, but is the J2 for another SPDT for the same purpose or something else?

Honestly i donā€™t know what the J2 set is for at the moment - ill try to follow the traces and see where it leads.

I currently have a TE Kitty in my Madcatz SFxT VS stick. If I understand correctly, to install this, Iā€™d need to buy a ground daisychain, and could do it solderlessly to get basic functionality, but would need to solder if I wanted player LEDs, the DP/RS/LS switch to work, and the turbo button to work. The functionality I would lose would be having turbo LED indicators for every button in favor of a single turbo LED, and I would lose the ability to use the lock switch at all. Is that all correct?

yes no problem guysā€¦ videos incomingā€¦

@Tensho thanks man fixed. thats what happens when you post on SRK and drive LOL

Jasen and I have been testing them for about a month. Initial reports with the prototypes Iā€™ve received: on PS4 - better performance than a FC4, on XBOXONE is on par with the TE2ā€¦ havenā€™t spent too much time on the older consoles but was not able to feel any noticeable lag. I will be testing when the official boards drop.

I know Iā€™m nitpicking and it seems like a great product. But 80$ for a board? I was hoping for maybe around 50$

yes

if itā€™s just another ps360+ ersatz Iā€™ll pass.

What players REALLY need:

-no bullshit promises concerning 8mn timeout as it was the case in the past
-NATIVE USB in full speed for PC
-NO ghosting (for PC at least) with possibility to press all inputs at once, and also NO random output if directions are pressed simultaneously ( remember there are HitBOX fans here too)
-practically zero input lag (WAITING FOR TEYAHā€™S TESTā€¦) on ALL platforms (not something like low lag on one and tons of lag on another as with most multi-platform PCBs )
-full compatibility with older console systems (optional but a necessity for some who have a whole collection)

Usually this sort of ā€œexclusivityā€ deal = faulty stock management (always out of stock & extremely long periods for re-stocking ) + payment problems (often) + overpriced overseas shipping (always) .

Why not go full on EBAY? Sure thereā€™s a lot of crooks on ebay but you can get your money back in a heartbeat and itā€™s much more practical for overseas. Fact.

Just be lucky youā€™re not in Canada, $116+$20 shipping :expressionless:

very nice to see something like this exists but damn 80 bucks!?

I honestly donā€™t see why people are complaining about the price. How much would it cost for you to mod your stick for those 4 consoles? And the time it would take? And forget about it being able to auto-detect each of those systems, youā€™d need to have some kind of switch unless you developed your own pcb to go with it.

This is a drop-in boardā€¦ you could install it in most sticks in under 15 minutes.

That priceā€¦ Lol, rip in piece Canadians.
Still this is like a dream come true; if our economy ever gets its ass in gear Iā€™ll definitely grab at least 4 of these :smiley:

1. No one making you buy it.
  2. Brook has been the only company who delivers on PS4 compatibility. They won company of the year for both for an outstanding adapter that even critics admit it isnā€™t bad and their customer service been top notch.
  3. Native USB, please elaborate what do you even mean with this one. It has a USB jack for connecting a USB cable to the system.
  4. Many of us find faults in Teyahā€™s testing and with his procedures how is he generating his findings.

This is what happens when I buy a fightboard DX Still hype for this. Props to Brook.