Breaking The Bank w/ Wolverine

I picked up Wolverine a few days ago for a side team that I’m making and even I, a new player to Wolverine, didn’t get anything of value from that video.

Thank God you don’t speak for everyone. Sorry the video didn’t help you, at lest you got to see a high damage combo video.

that’s not what i said. i said that it’s the opposite of helpful for those looking to get into the competitive scene.

this post of yours is quite revealing, in ways that you’re unaware of.

You are still saying opposite of helpful. I know my video helped some wolverine players, I even did the second combo to someone online for game and they ask me to tell them how to do the combo. The thing about the video is I’m just showing ways to up your damage, people can do the whole combo or pieces of it. I had hope this will get people to find more ways to up his damage and post it because he doesn’t normally TOD and, which I think makes him fair compared to Doom, Vergil, Spencer, Magneto, Zero, Dante (normally after he builds a lot of meter for a DHC), Tron and even Hagger and I’m most likely forgetting some names. Sorry that the video doesn’t help you and you can’t take bits and pieces from it to apply to your game play. I tried to show ways to make it more practical, like combo one can be done anywhere and combo three used Akuma because he is Wolverine’s BFF. I don’t care if people change the combo around to better suit them. Look as long as people tell me thank you, I didn’t know he can do that or it can be done that way, I know I helped someone. I know there were going to be jerks coming to the thread to put down the video and not even show a better combo, which would be ok with me but you won’t get that from a jerk. If I get one thank you I’m going to keep making videos. I know you only want to say something bad so what about the post is revealing.

best thread on srk in a long time

You definitely don’t see stuff like this on stream,i figured since most wolverine players don’t really go beyond abc launch ( well that and the occasional fatal claw loop.) I think OP meant that this is another way to skin a rabbit, or you can take bit and parts of it and learn a new easier way to skin a rabbit. It also helps to show how hitstun scaling and damage scaling works. Aren’t people tired of seeing the same tired crap on stream?

Your main issue, is you are completely against any form of criticism, you immediately take criticism as some form of personal attack and start getting defensive. Thrilla is one of the most helpful people in these forums by far, and the moment he asked the purpose of your video, an honest question considering you simply showed a significantly less efficient version of the combo pr rog uses on a daily basis, you immediately labeled him as a troll for some reason.

You made a video trying to help, and no one will ever criticize you for that, but the content in your video is veeeeeeery old which is all thrilla was trying to tell you. Heres a video from 8 months ago pretty much showing the same combo [media=youtube]GrfXslGDe44[/media] and there was one(which I can’t find anymore) from vanilla that showed us we could loop for as long as we had meter. Really the only potentially new thing in your video was the revelation that you could lvl 3 of a fatal claw.

Thats really all thrilla has been trying to tell you this whole time but you keep getting defensive and acting like the whole world hates you or some shit and taking unnecessary shots at wolverine players.

I just learn fatal claw loop. I’m just looking to be effective with Wolverine. Probably never going have 4 meters with him in a match anyway for a few reasons. I play him on point just for the opening gambit so I can try to get a head start in the match and take a character (or two) out before he dies.

I

I play him point too, when I tag him out with hard tag or DHC to gain red life or he gets snapped back and he comes in as the last one with a lot of meter. It can happen with you as well.

Look, I don’t know why you are trying to make it seem that I’m hurt so bad that I think the world hates me. I don’t know why you turn a blind eye to these post. You think saying “so this thread is all for fun? i see…in other words this thread is useless. besides, combo creation is the least fun aspect of playing wolvie.” or “I don’t think the OP has seen fatal claw loop before.” I clearly didn’t just start playing this game and discrediting the thread is not cool. You don’t like the video, ok, it didn’t help, I’m sorry about that but putting down the threat can only have people not think twice about the video. That video you posted is not like my video, I break a mill with wolverine by himself in two different ways. I could have done more combos but I just wanted the video to be a stepping stone for people to try and expand the character. One good thing is you realized that you can get more then two fatal claw which is one of the things I wanted people to notice, that and the srk into lvl three. I was hopping things like that would come up in the thread but instead I got this mess. The loops was going to be in my next video.

I thought you were gonna show something that was gonna make my pants smaller :frowning:

Is this what your into.
[media=youtube]8wdmA_xCiWk[/media]
I hope all of you at lest like this, I was saving it for the second combo video. This why I use heavy tornado claw in the first video, yes you can get more damage. I wanted someone else to post this before I did. I don’t want to show everything cause then that is less of a reason for people will go into the lab and look for new things.

I think this is the post that made everyone mad, sir. At least for me, it raised a flag.
Its just most of the veteran wolverine players here just don’t like the video because it was , for a lack of a better word, useless to us (sorry). Breaking one mil isn’t a hard thing to do with wolverine. yes, the basic bnb abc combo to fatal claw loop is stale and over used, but its currently the best option for wolverine in terms of meter build to damage scale. Only thing better that the current bnb is the MMHS combo. I understand that the video you made is to help new wolverine players, which i’m completely not against and i have nothing against you, the maker. In the end, i feel this heated argument here is was sparked by miscommunication.

Anyways, i’m gonna step off this thread now. cheers

So what veteran should do is help support not put down. I said what I said cause no body wanted to read what I wrote nor take the time to understand what I was saying. If 4 meters is to much then show us something better. How does the video makes that one guy think I never seen the loop, there is no point in showing the loop. The real thing is if some people don’t like it thank leave it at that. Don’t put it down and make it seem like a wast of time. It may be useless to you guys but you don’t speak for all veteran wolverine players, no offense. Why let the character live if you have one more bar to do one more fatal claw, cause they seem to not know they can do more. I know they don’t do level three in hopes to save meter but when you don’t use the third bar to get the kill then it seems to me they don’t know that they can. Look I can sit here and try to get some of these people to get my point but I can see that its not going to happen.

It looks like the problem here is thrilla and his fan boys. If he never made that toxic post then all this wouldn’t have happened. Just calling it like i see it. You can see all the names of the fan boys that liked a post that that should’ve never been posted. while all of you start to cry cause i speak the truth i’m going to be “leveling up” feel free to improve the leveling up part.

That’s not how you encourage research into a character. Researchers/Scientists don’t give only a bit of their findings so that other scientists might discover what he already has; they give everything they have discovered so that others can build upon it. The way you approached it was, for a lack of a better term, “inefficient”. What that video does is demonstrate fatal claw loops(already known) and getting a level 3 off of tornado claw(already known), except that the way you did it was in an inefficient and situation-based manner, i.e. not in the best way.

What that video resembles is a teacher showing a couple of children how to make a fire with stones and firewood(viable and possible, but not efficient), while we are trying to show people how using a lighter is a lot easier and faster while at the same time improving on the lighter itself. (idk why i pick weird examples…)

All this hate and butthurt over a minute and a half Wolverine combo vid.

Early Thread of the Year candidate?

shh…newbie. you haven’t a clue.

wait, so why are you using H tornado claw again? you’re missing out on a significant amount of damage by using H tornado claw instead of it’s light version; you can get almost the same damage for 3 bars(instead of 5) if you used L tornado claw.

fatal claw loops have been around since vanilla.

It also didn’t help that created some ‘rules’ for your challenge which don’t make sense;

"Vergile worth 1m
Spencer worth 1m
Firebrand worth 600k"

None of those are right ^

“Breaking 1m in damage with Firebrand is breaking the bank with him.”

What difference does it make who you do the combo on?

“Note: No Hard Tag, TAC, THC, DHC or X-Factor.”

This part makes sense, challenge rules like this are normal.

“Assist is ok, less need for assist or meter the better.”

But then you went ahead and spent 4 bars in every combo.

The point is, you made it out as if the main idea of the challenge was to do 1m damage with Wolverine with the least amount of meter and assists without using the other resources and combo options which you mentioned, but then you just threw in some clips which didn’t really seem relevant to your own challenge, the first of which was massively out of synch to the audio.

If you want people to enjoy your content, you have to make it easy for them. Setting out obscure rules and saying weird stuff before you ever get to the first bit of video just isn’t a good start, after which poor video quality doesn’t help either, and then lastly you seemed to ignore your own challenge rules of using the least amount of meter possible in all of the clips.

That’s why people didn’t like the video, and why this thread has ended up this way. From the outside it seems like you found some interesting combo possibilities for Logan, wanted to show it off, but then weirdly disguised it as a combo challenge which didn’t make much sense. It didn’t need to be it’s own thread too, which didn’t help.

And a big point is that, after you’ve played the game and a character for a few months, combo options are pretty much the least important and so the least interesting thing for you to look at in relation to your character, and as such the people here who have been playing Wolverine for a long time weren’t impressed by the vid.

I’m not attacking you here though, I just want to help you out and give you an idea of why you video has been so badly received so that your next ones can be better. To finish, it’s also very important to restrain yourself after you receive negative feedback for your work. Getting angry at people and calling them names is only going to hurt your opportunity to make your videos a success.

I’ll leave it at that.

Please stop posting in this thread. A lot of people think you can only get two, I even check a thread about the loops, so now I know you are just bothering me. Did you not even watch the video. I didn’t mash for the first four bar and damage varies depending what hit you cancel the H tornado claw into during what rep. Even your friend Jak d ripr said

The sad part is I didn’t even do a full combo, this was just to show five reps and you still said 3 bars gives you like the same damage. How long have you been playing this game? You can’t even understand why I use heavy or even how damage works. To anybody that can read, it’s clear you are just being a jerk, and thats just me being nice. There are other words I should be using. Look thrill, now this is just harassment and its not funny. You liked a thread that talked about a comic book cover and you call my thread useless, comic has nothing to do with the video game. You don’t have to cures or threaten someone for it to be harassment, you just have to not let someone be, and thats what you are doing. I am no longer going to deal with this harassment, If you don’t like my thread then just stop posting.