‘Black Panther’ star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actor Chadwick Boseman, who played Black icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown before finding fame as the regal Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, died Friday of cancer, his representative said. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement.

“A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much,” his family said in the statement. “From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther.”

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

3 Likes

He looked sickly in some photos I saw awhile back, but I just assumed it was a role. Smh, losing all our black heroes these days :pensive: #RIP

4 Likes

RIP. Man definitely left his mark and legacy.

https://twitter.com/chadwickboseman/status/1299530165463199747

2 Likes

43?! The man looked like he was in his late twenties-very early thirties, max. Smh

5 Likes

Can’t believe this was a secret for 4 years.

Hella sad to see such a talented dude go. He had a ton of great things to look forward to as BP and just as an actor in general.

This year needs to go lay in traffic already.

8 Likes

2020 is straight Infinity War Thanos :man_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

2020 can eat a dick, fr

12 Likes

I’m hurt…

3 Likes

OMFG!!
This…Jesus!!

I’m shocked and at loss of words…
I didn’t even see this coming. He looked and performed as if he was in his prime!!

R.I.P…Rest in Power, Chadwick!!

Damnit 2020!!!

3 Likes

Bruh…I can’t even right now. I gotta find something to take my mind off of things. This fucking year man…this fucking year

10 Likes

Yo? I mean dude looked skinny…but damn

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JordanPeele/status/1299533049210650624?s=19

Truth…

12 Likes

This just sucks. Dude had a prolific career only on the come up…

Dude kept stage 3 cancer back for 4 years man was strong as hell

Damn

9 Likes

Hoooly shit, I had no idea. Fuck, man. This whole year can eat a dick.

9 Likes

Chad lived up to the character, to hide AND fight stage 3 cancer for 4 years while continuing to work is a strength I simply don’t possess. Just a sad situation tho, he probably didn’t tell ppl cuz he didn’t want them to worry

9 Likes

RIP, my word to do as many films plus the publicity as he did while battling that bitch cancer is crazy. Hard to believe how terrible this is.

5 Likes

RIP Chadwick, he was a very talented actor and it is shocking that he was working through cancer in private for so long.

5 Likes

There are no words for this man. Chadwick Boseman was a fuckin G doing those movies for 4 years with cancer. I can’t even imagine how his family was going through emotionally while he was doing those movies. We got 4 more months of this shitty ass year. FUCK!

12 Likes

I think this is the first time or the first time in a very long time I’ve seen you swear

I’m still at a lost for words. 43 is too damn young to go. RIP. Fuck cancer

9 Likes