Better run home to momma now! - Sarah VF5FS Thread

Ayo, what moves of Wolf’s give Sarah trouble… I can’t beat one to save my life, whether it’s a mashy one or a good one…

Usually I’d ask for matchup knowledge in it’s appropriate thread, but nobody in posts in the Wolf thread…

This is just a general tip, but keep the combos simple but painful until you’re familiar with your character’s moveset…

Don’t look for maximum damage input combos, practice ones you are likely to land in a match… for some reason, folks always look for max damage instead of practicality…

I’m glad you quoted and put in bold what I said, because I’d like to point out what I said again!

I go blank whenever I try to do ANY combo in a real match -.- its depressing.

That’s ANY combo, not just max damage… even the simple ones listed here for Sarah are pretty rough :smiley: Don’t assume too much please. I can get the hits to start them off, but getting the inputs for the links never seems to happen… Dunno if its just how playing online is or what, so I’ve pretty much resorted to anything that will hit if I’m losing the match just for guaranteed damage

One of my Post from VFDC

One of the best ways to deal with 2P I’ve found is the following:

P -> Tap G To Clear Buffer -> 8K (or really any other attack that beats 2P)

8K is only beaten by side-step or quick high-attacks, and if they standing block you are in FL with Advantage. However, if they go for 2P you get a stagger state that you can do the following:

After 8K (opponent in stagger from Counter hit) K+G,K -> 1K+G,K -> FL 6K,K (94) or FL 8K (91)

You need to be a little crisp to keep them in the air or they can Quick Getup out of the last part of the FL 6K,K finisher. If they only crouch block instead of 2P, they can mash out of the recover but it is really hard (Combo didn’t work when stagger recover was on fastest and normal hit but if Counter Hit, no way to recover in time). My roommate tried to mash out of normal hit and was only successful 3/20 times when a human tried to mash out of it.

Tested on Wolf So I’m assuming you can do even more against other opponents. Also tested with Stagger recover at fastest.

some JP wiki combos, haven’t tested all of them to see who they work on yet…

on Jacky, 1K, KP6 FSPPK doesn’t work, soooooo:
1K, 6P+KP6 FSPPK - 78, closed
1K, KP6 FSP, P, 3KK - 76, open

on Brad:
1K, P, 4K+G HB! 4P+K FL8K - 84, both
1K, P, 4K+G HB! 3P+K, 7K - 85, closed

on Vanessa:
1K, 44K, BT PKG, 4K+G HB! 66K+G - 89, both
1K, 44P, BT PKG, 6K+G LB! dash P, 66K+G - 93, closed (105 on CH)
CH 1K, 4K+G HB! P, 6K+G LB! dash P, 66K+G - 109, closed
CH 1K, 6P+KP6 FSP, 6K+G LB! dash P, 66K+G - 109, closed
CH 1K, 4K+G HB! 4K F6K+G, 7K - 105, open

I’m having a really hard time fighting Taka players. 2P+KK and FL KKKK don’t launch him, and all the other launchers don’t give much height at all. My universal 1K+GK, FL 6KK follow-up doesn’t juggle him. What should I do after I hit with a launcher? The best guaranteed follow-up I could find is KK for 25 damage.

My best combos on Taka:
[INDENT=1]1K, 4K+G, KP, 7K - 85[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]BT 4K, 4K+G, KP, 7K - 85[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]BS P+K, 4K+G, KP, 7K - 80[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]1K, 4K+G, 66K+G - 77[/INDENT]

Other than back throw, Juggle 66K+G is the only move I found that has a different animation on Taka. It does 4-5 more damage than it does on everyone else. Problem is that the full animation doesn’t go off in Taka’s normal knockdown animation, and only BS P+K and 1K seem to knock him down in ways that let me connect the full animation.

Up close Flamingo options are limited since Taka players love to 2P me out of it on sight. If Taka blocks my 4K or P+K and does 2P, I can beat it with FL 4K or FL 8K.

Maybe I’m going about it wrong. Should I spam throws more? Is FL KKKK Sarah’s only Taka-only chain?

By the way, I’ve been doing a lot of FS K+G shenanigans. It looks stupid and crazy unsafe, but it’s actually +4 on block, backturns Sarah, and pushes the opponent back ridiculously far even when crouched under. When done against a crouching/rising low attack with the right timing, both moves whiff and Sarah crosses up. If FS K+G is blocked, I usually follow it up with a sneaky BT 4K sweep. Sometimes FS K+G actually hits…and I don’t know what to do. If they don’t tech the fall, I can follow up with BT K, 3KK for 72 damage total. Maybe I can do FS K+G, BT K, 1K+GK, something? Any ideas?

Edit: Added more Taka combos. Also, FS K+G, BT K, 3P+K, 3KK for 84 damage, but it’s techable in three spots.

on lights (up to at least Vanessa)
CH KP6 FSPP 4K+G HB! 66K+G - 99 damage, both stances
CH KP6 FSPP 6K+G LB! dash P(G) 66K+G - 100 damage, closed

tested on Akira:
CH KP(G) P(G) 6K+G LB! dash P(G) 7K - 84 damage, both

If you’re at +4 for FL entries, FL 6K beats everything 12 frames or slower, and CH confirming into the followup isn’t difficult. If it’s blocked then just fuzzy. Somersault is cute but it’s horrible on block and whiff so I don’t ever seriously use that shit. FL 4K is okay but being stuck in FL midscreen at all can lead to very bad things, and at the wall I’m pretty sure it gives the opponent a free elbow on block (Or anything 14 frames or under).

Anybody got a top 10 Sarah moves?

A top 10? Well I can try to come up with a Top 10 of my faves…

Sarah’s Top Ten moves (in no real order):

4K+G - Love to dash back and use this. It’s quite fast and great whiff punisher. 4K+G, 1K+GK, FL6KK does good damage and works on Shun and lighter. 4K+G, P, 4K, FL8K works on everybody else. After getting hit with 4K+G they’ll start to hesitate when they see motion and then 4K+G~G into FL will start being free on wakeup or after a dash back for mindfuckery.
66K - Love this move. Quick and shocking. Hit people with two of these one after the other and they start to understand they shouldn’t try to fuck with you beyond 4K+G range. Near the wall, it splats and they have to shake or prepare to eat some unhealthy wall damage. It’s -6/-4 on block but the pushback pretty much means your opponent won’t be able to do much about it. It’s linear, so people will start to try to step opening them up for…
Slide 2K - After getting hit with a 66K, I go for this because most people either turtle or step. This will slide and then sweep them and it can’t be stepped and must be blocked low. If they don’t tech roll, Slide 2K, 1K+GK, FL8K combos.
4K - Sarah’s best FL entry. +4 on block, sometimes +5 (range dependent). Linear as hell.
FL3K - negative on block and pretty linear. But it stuns on hit leading to good combo damage. 4K>FL3K can’t be interrupted with 2P if done at the proper range.
Back Slide K - Love the damage a combo starting with this does.
P - I really need to jab more so I can control space in front of me. +2 on block
6PK/6PP6 Slide - 6P cuts through a number of moves and you can hit confirm into the knee (K) or the P.
2K+G - TCs and hits low. ducks under a lot of moves. It’s -6 on NH, but stuns on CH.
3PK - If you can punish a move on block that’s -13, do this move as it combos naturally and enters FL at +4.
FL4K - Hops over lows and 2p. wall splats and they better shake it or eat a 100+ damage combo. Pushes opponent back out of FL range if they block so even though it’s safe, it’s kinda a double edged sword.
3K+G - TCs and can’t be stepped. Must be blocked low. Great for tech rollers.
8K+G - TJs (I think it’s half circular. I’ll confirm later). Hops over 2P and punishes it at the same time. floats on CH.
3KK/3KK~G - 3KK is a good move just outside of K range but inside of 66K range. The 2nd K is hit confirmable. After hitting them with a couple 3KKs, 3KK~G becomes a pretty mindfuck entry into FL.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

That’s more than ten and tbh Sarah has more good moves then those. Lots of her moves are good, but situational. Like, 9K is good for overpowering wakeup K/2K. FL 62KKK/Step KKK is great if you can hit the just frame consistently.

ATTENTION ALL SARAH PLAYERS: My VF5:FS Sarah Combo Chart is available for use!

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf5-fs-sarah-combo-chart.16732/

Mother of God, just a Sarah overload up in here! Though I know it all probably just looks worst/more difficult than it is. Gotta know those combos though n options though.

Good lookin out on all the info yall.