Best / Worst Matchups?

Tiers are just a vague representation of a character’s ability to handle matchups and certain situations compared to others. It all comes down to the player. A competent player using FANG, Birdie, Bison, who have you, will probably put the tier charts to dust. Just because you get matched with a character that is considered low tier does not mean you should expect an easy win, never let your guard down. Concentrate on what kind of person you are playing instead of the character you’re against.

Two competent players playing against each other is another topic, but you should never let that stop you from playing the characters you like. I guess what i’m trying to get at here is that tiers are bullshit in sfv. =p

I have mostly switched to Balrog at this point but Ryu remains a secondary for harder matchups. When i’m matched against Guile players, my strategy is still very effective even after his long release date.

Turtling the neutral until you can score the knockdown to pressure on wakeup is what I believe you HAVE to do. Patience will get you far in this match. Blocking a boom does not mean you lose in any way. You just reset back the neutral fireball game again. It’s all a tug of war. A good exercise is to try not jumping at all and only playing straight ground the whole match, even if you know if you had jumped, you could have landed damage. Just another avenue you can try if you feel stuck, it really works for every matchup.

Vega is 6-4 in Ryu favor I think. As a super gold I can beat platinum vegas for days, I lose to silver fang, silver karin, and silver bisons. So imo, those 3 are clearly not in Ryu favor.

Why didn’t anyone quote this truth?!
Heck is wrong with this culture, ye mad.

As soon as I read that the Dhalsim/Ryu match is in Ryu’s favor, I stop reading. Shoryuken shouldn’t let people that doesn’t know what they’re talking about make posts.

I think S1 Ryu was at worst an even match, it’s bad now because Ryu sucks. These are old match up charts.

I’m not sure any match is in Ryus favor, but Alex and Birdie are the ones I’m most comfortable in but probably just because I haven’t played competent users. Vega too, Bison is manageable. My personal worst are Laura, Mika, Guile, and Balrog. Mika feels like she gets free attacks, I just don’t even haveva gameplan for her. Stay the fuck away basically…she was worse before though, totally broken. Not sure what changed specifically but yeah.

content/uploads/2017/10/Z1cYceH6KTmHcEJfZNeny5aUZjoKUvxhgzYJGDxxKVY.jpg

Ryu has no chance. Easily bottom 2 in this game.

Original source http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/21/reddit-users-put-together-character-usage-charts-for-gold-to-master-rank-in-street-fighter-v/

I don’t think that’s even a debate anymore. He’s garbage. Trying to think of another character that went from top 5 to bottom in any other SF.

Sean, from 2nd Impact to 3rd Strike?