Best pocket characters/secondaries for Abel main?

Yay, evil is loads of fun

yea he is like a swagged out angry ryu. loads of fun!!

Sagat, less mixup, tired of chasing people.

Playing high level Sagats. Sick of playing dodge ball.

How is Dhalsim as a secondary? I personally have difficulties AA people with Abel and Dhalsim lives and dies by how well he can AA/keep people out. Plus I figure Abel thrives off reading and reacting to his opponents defensive options while pressuring them. Dhalsim is the exact opposite and reads and reacts to his opponents offensive options while trying to stave them off.

If not him I’m also interested in Rose & Makoto (who I hear is very similar to Abel, even the MUs). And friends have suggested Balrog or Bison.

I don’t see the similarity between makoto and abel? I see it in alex and makoto though…

Dabble in Dhalsim, you understand clearly what his goals are, so go on and sharpen your anti-virus and spacing it’s good for everyone.

Barlog and Bison are ideal for button pushing, I.e. footsies spacing control, it only helps you in the end.
Hitting roundhouse with these guys is so satisfying!!!

Respectfully disagree. Dhalsim helps me out greatly in understanding pure defense when knocked down, something I believe all Abel players hate because we have limited defense options in the first place. I know people say if your playing Abel defensively, you’re playing him wrong, but it helps me round out that aspect in my game play.

I also find sakura a refreshing change of pace. Frame traps and crispy links help out with Abel step kick combos or counter hit opportunities.

I’m a little overdue, but after a while, I feel that either Ryu or Juri are the best counter picks/secondaries for Abel’s bad match-ups. Juri cleanly beats Akuma, along with solid match-ups against Ryu, Cammy, Yun, Honda, Gief, Dudley, T. Hawk, Viper, etc. However. Ryu has good match-ups with the same characters (Akuma is 5/5, if you don’t believe it, watch Daigo vs. Infiltration) Maybe not so much with Cammy, but it’s better than Abel; the main match-up that Ryu will have a big edge in is arguably Abel’s WORST match-up, Rufus. Fireballs, solid dp to ruin his bs, etc. He also handles Bison and Chun-Li much better than Juri and Abel. Speaking of Chun, how do you guys feel about her as a secondary? I’ve been messing with her, but I don’t have enough MU experience to give much of an opinion. (no XBL atm… :frowning: )