Berserk Manga

Yes, but expect to pay $$$$ because all of the statues range from $200 to the rarest costing about $1000 (Market value. Original price was about $500)

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/

I have my Zoddo II (Limited edition, bloody version) for sale

As for the manga, I admit it is going slow now, but nothing is extraneous.
Character development and showing why the characters are doing what they are doing.

If you want to read a mindless violent story, there are other mangas out there for you.

[quote=“Bear Ryoma”]

Sorry grammatical error on my side, I should’ve written ‘here’ :P.
It’s fine by me mind u, just so long as we discuss Berserk and manage to get others into it.
BTW how well translated are the English releases? Do they stay true to the original source?

• no worries.
    -One Manga** has fan translations, but I doubt that they are accurate speech wise. It sounds too modern to be that. Still, entertaining.

The English releases from Dark Horse are very accurate, they even retain the Japanese sound effects. Not edited or anything, just as bloody with lots of demon sex like the original work.

Guts is an interesting character. Every major decision about his life was made for him, and the one time he makes his own decision by leaving the Band of The Hawk everything goes terribly wrong. He really is a slave to fate.

What the hell, those were some important parts of the story dude. And the prostitutes also had a big part as well. I mean half of the shit Guts has done wouldn’t have been possible with out all those “side” characters, IE we wouldn’t have ANY INFO PERIOD on Skull Knight or Behelit without Schierke/Flora. And we wouldn’t have gotten that awesome Guts+Zodd part as well as a ship without farnese/serpico. And we wouldn’t have caska back PERIOD if it wasn’t for the prostitutes. I mean what do want the story to be like.

“Guts kills everyone in his way, has grand DBZ battle with Zodd, tag teams with Skull Knight for a grand master tournament, then they use the behelit for one gigantic boss battle with the God Hand!”

I mean this arc is more exciting than the Band of the Hawk section where you pretty much knew Griffith was going to get what he wanted no matter what. You can’t really predict where Miura is going to go with this series right now other than where the ship is supposed to be headed.

Actually, it’s the exact opposite.

Guts is one of the only characters OUTSIDE of fate.

*spoilers

Guts was supposed to die during the Eclipse, predicted by a lot of characters, including Zoddo
However, Guts survived, and afterwards Godhand, Zoddo, and Skullknight acknowledged that Guts is outside of Fate’s hands now, so in essence, he is the only one who can really affect Godhand and Griffith.
Of course, this is to the amusement of Godhand, and Zoddo gives Guts respect that he survived and is very unique.

Currently only on Vol 10, but I must say even the little bit that I’ve read its already exponentially more bad ass than the anime(which was already in a whole new league of awesome).

Was just pointed to the thread recently, just dropping in to say hewwo

I’ve been keeping up with the Berserk manga up till now as it’s being pushed over here…This is the most goriest manga that I myself have seen and I’m loving how kentaro miura is drawing this stuff…supposedly the anime series is supposed to start back up at sometime cause it kinda sucked that they had to stop basically halfway…does anybody know what’s the deal with that?

• The Zodd + Gatts team up manga was jokes. Gatts is swearing and threatening Zodd as he’s riding him.

Well yeah suppose that’s true thanks. His life is still pretty messed up though.

It looks like people are starting to get interested in BERSERK. I’m glad. I hope this thread will grow larger. But yeah, I love all the characters. I want to see more Skull Knight!!! Everytime I see him for some reason I think, “Akuma?” I can’t wait to see what happens next, but I know that this shit will be FUCKING EPIC!!!

• Actually, Serpico is epic. A lapdog, but he’s the Shikimaru of Berserk. Sure, Skull Knight is a badass and all, but Serpico is too much power for his role. His backstory is serious business, but lacks the action. Still, his tale is quite a beastly one in itself and it’s great seeing a human have the power to confront and match Gatts at somewhere near his non-berserk level.

Out of all the new characters I must say I do like Serpico the most, he is too damn smart. But I wouldn’t call someone who got punked by Guts liek twice in a row epic, amazing but not epic.

I’ll join the Serpico fan club if he takes down a big apostle though. So far only Guts and Schierke seem able to do that.

Beary Ryoma- I know that about the Zodd + Guts part, but it still was an awesome chapter.

Serpico, Gatts, Zodd, and Locus are my favs right now.

Skull Knight is a complete friccin mystery. I want to see him kick ass soon.

• Ah…punked. That’s easy, since every monster, apostle, and whatnot verbally. But beaten in a duel with Gatts, that took more than 3 mins with cunning, finesse, and speed as his ally *and *with his own talent? that’s something to give props to. Serpico wasn’t punked. Serpico is still a worthy adversary of Gatts because when they had fought, Gatts did stagger a few times. He almost did that more times than he did with Griffith, still. Serpico understands his ability better than the other characters of Berserk do and adjusts to his situation accordingly. Almost as well as Skull Knight, but better than Slike, Isidoro, and, surprisingly, Zodd would.

It’s questionable if Gatts would have won, though. Gatts didn’t use his knives, and he also didn’t whip out the arrows, bombs, and/or cannon. Well, the first fight he did.

• Surprised that Owen is a recurring character, though.
  • I give serpico credit that’s for sure, I just hope his character manages to survive the whole ordeal before it’s over. This is miura after all, dude had no reservations killing off half the cast that he took 15 books to develop.

-I think it’s cool how there are characters WAAYYY from the begining that still matter in this story. I mean I can’t tell you how much I hate stories that introduce important looking characters and then… never go back to explain them. The Berserk world is so well interconnected, I can’t wait to see who else Miura brings back.

Reading it right now and I am on Chapter 147.

I’ve never wanted a hero to defeat the bad guy as much after reading this.Griffith’s quite easily one of the most evil characters I have ever seen in comic book form.

And monbaby is that Caska in your avatar?

Yeah that’s caska bro, and I agree, Griffith is a bitch, but that’s part of why Berserk is so good, tragic anti-hero and an extremely evil yet at the same time righteous villian.

Fin.K.M - totally agree, Berserk only gets better. How long has this series been going? Like for almost 10+ years? Classic.

• Remember Rick James’ music? well, Berserk’s been around since then.

• Even so, Serpico isn’t one to die easily. Something seriously fierce would have to go for him to depart of this world. Rickert would need to get back in somewhere. I’m surprised that Griffith didn’t recreate his main members of the Band of the Hawk(Corkus, Pippen, Gatts’ main dude) into apostles in order to trick Gatts and Caska, though.

• I noticed that the One Manga translations are very loose. For instance, I’d see Silke is being renamed several times.

• Berserk is a big manga with various characters. There are times where the story has to keep you informed of what the other characters and problems are at(Kushan vs. Midland war, Zodd’s fights, Band of the Hawk, especially Sonia and Mule, Midland itself). Heck, I’d like to know what Azan is doing from time to time. It’s good to cover them all because this shows good development.