Basic Chun Li

Now Judge, I’m not trying to find a better assist or even a great one to replace Sent-y, just something to function. Besides you know me better than that, I don’t pick/replace characters based on assist capacity alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Umm. ryu projectile assist is good or perhaps megaman. i do just fine when using chun and ryu and psyc. Just don’t rely on your assist. play chun as if she was your last character standing…

That’s what I do all the time. :wink: I can’t stand it when people base character skill on assists. Yeah, I play MM and I can use his assist, but I’m trying to figure out how to assist Chun using Shuma and Son Son.

If it bogs you that much, then maybe mvc2 is not for you…

think

and proper assist use is a large element of player skill in mvc2 =/ if you think using your assists less frequently makes you the ‘better’ player, then that is your moral victory. all that matters after the smoke clears is who is still standing

I know I said it. You must just need to work on your wavedash, even still the super link shouldnt be a problem.

Its not based on just the assist, even though that is a huge factor in char potential. Strider/Doom being just one example of many. Space control revolving around the characters strong and weak angles is important no matter which character you want to play with.

You have to consider DHC possibilities. She needs a safe way out, or you lose 1/2 the time. You cant expect to do good with her early match every time. No character does that.

She also needs an anti-air. Her overhead game is moot without it. Her opener (prolly her most valuable aspect vs. top tier) has zero follow up without one. Adding a good anti air to the team makes for a weak duo. Chun/Psy, Chun/Cyke, and others are good, but they aren’t unstoppable, or even really that scary without Godlike execution. Sent beefs this up, and gives her a safe way out. Sent also does good with Psy, Cyke, and Capcom, so your anti-air has a dual purpose.

She has a lot of potential, but just like every other character in the game, you have to play to her strengths, or she will never be at her most capable, especially starting her vs. top tier.

What on earth are you talking about? Who said anything about using assists less or thinking it makes me a better player? There is no ‘moral’ victory aspect here and it doesn’t bog me down at all. Please don’t get it skewed.

Interesting.

If you don’t wanna play high tier at all, there are replacements that meet these qualifications.

I know speed up wolvies AAA can be called before the IOH stomp, and followed up to the shom, so there is a non traditional AA to use. I am sure there are many others.

The most important thing I would say is that you can safely DHC hazan to something near 100% of the time. She doesnt really have many other safe DHC options on block or whiff, so it can mean the difference between a win and a loss. Thanos would work, assuming you did the QCF+PP DHC out of a blockstring, then he would be safe.

Im not saying Chun/Thanos/Speed up is a great team or anything, just trying to give an example of the team chemistry needed for her to be at full potiental on point.

Actually, I might have to try that team out. Chun would go well with Thanos - Chun builds meter just doing her thing, even if she doesn’t necessarily kill the opposition, and when Thanos comes in he should have plenty of meter.

Call it team “Berserk Bubble Police”! I like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be sure to work on my wavedashing since I haven’t quite gotten that yet. thnx =/ the super link is as simple as cancelling kikouken xx qcf+KK, but you’re not going to be able to kikouken, walk forward, then super and still be able to hit confirm off of the kikouken. just pointing it out since u wrote it in your main post

forget about the assist comment tech romancer. obviously, it went over your head as it referenced how you ALWAYS freak out when someone mentions “this character’s assist is strong for such-and-such” your response: “i don’t like assists that blah blah blah” or “i don’t want to win just b/c of my assist and blah blah blah”

do what works. if you don’t like the main, then work on something else, but spend less time shooting empty rounds at the tried and true

If it was a cancel, then it wouldnt be a link :wgrin:

You cant walk all the way up, you throw the fireball, usually while the opponent is in falling SJ with no air dash, and start walking up. You can hit confirm super and link it, although you cant walk very far. Sorry if the original post was misleading, i can see how it would be, as its not near as much time as she gets in ST.

Buddy, I would be glad to forget about it, but before that, let’s get it straight - nothing went over my head. I don’t freak out when someone mentions assists for particular characters, rather I simply don’t do it in most cases and/or want people to think a bit more creatively. I have nothing against people that stick to the ‘best’ assists and don’t break the mold. I only have a problem when some people misconstrue their assist use for actual skill. Anyway, I actually recommended Tron assist to someone in one of the general threads awhile ago, so… :confused:

This is my definitive thought on the issue: I pick a character because I want to play that character and/or I like that character, and then figuring out team chemistry and assist use comes second. I’ve already admitted to this process of probably not being the most effective but I have fun this way. And don’t forget Marvel is a GAME first and foremost to me.

New chun vid coming out soon!! Recording starts tomorrow, get hype!

How do I just not suck with Chun Li?.. muthatrucka!
Shom FTW!

Its not possible, she is obviously a garbage character that should never be used.

:rofl:

noo… take that back… Chun isn’t garbage.

sarcasm

Just wanted to add accurate (godlike) information about Chun Li’s opening options vs. Top Tier characters. :lovin:

Chun vs. Magneto

1.) Chuns jump stomp beats magnus c.lk

So, if you think he is gonna c.lk – call psy, jump up stomp, AD/F lk, one hit RH, land
and either upper shom to wall and tenshouxxkikoshou xN, or s.lpxxsnap on landing.

2.) Magnus s.lp whiffs on Chun close range

So, if you think he anticipates the stomp, s.lp, s.mp, SJC ground infinite to 25 call assist to super.

3.) *Chuns s.lp beats Magnus j. normals *

So, again if you think he is gonna jump to try and beat the stomp with j.lk, or air dash over your head and call psy, just s.lp, s.mp, then do one rep of lower shom to the upper shom to wall and tenshouxxkikoshou, or s.lp, s.mp snap.

4.) Chuns stomp is randomly unblockable

This means that even a stand or jump block is vulnerable to the jump up stomp opener. Keep this in mind.

------------ Chun vs. Mags = 50/50 ------------------

Chun vs. Storm

1.) Chuns s.lp beats everything

Chuns s.lp beats storms c.lp, c.lk, j.lk all that ish. Storms only real option is to block, which means you can mix her up once she is savvy to getting hit with s.lp snap at the start of every match.

-----------------***Chun vs. Storm = 100%***------------------

^^

Is it a good idea to air-dash+stomp on human players?

Its more than a good idea, its really her strongest solo angle. If you have a good projectile assist its fairly safe pressure, most normals are getting stuffed, with good timing almost anything will at least trade. Just remember that on block or hit it puts you in normal jump mode, a well timed assist call will usually get you out of any bad situation you might get in on block though. If mags or im gets in and tries to guard break you after a blocked stomp you can always just use up a triple jump charge to get block back or use multiple charges/wall jump/AD to safely reposition yourself.