Balrog Thread

Well, we don’t really see any comboing after headbutt or torpedo punch outside of the corner, so there’s a good chance they’ll be just corner combos, and even if they aren’t, maybe something still might be tweaked alittle to prevent rog from being able to combo so easily from HK or HP.

j. HK, st.HP, cr. MP, EX Torpedo Punch, cr. MP, HP Headbutt has alot of strong attacks in it, they might end up adding to the recovery or decreasing the hitstun of his big moves or something. But that’s just a guess ofcourse, I still don’t have a good handle of what sort of game this is going to be, maybe there will just be characters with 70% combos running around, or maybe it’ll be more conservative, who knows.

Game Went GOLD so…

I don’t follow.

Game is finished with development,no more changes

Oh, well there will still be patches.

And based on the movelists on those card images we got for Rog, i guess there’s not going to be anymore dash ultras…and is the RU gone or was it in one of the videos?

While this is 100% true the build we’re seeing right now will obviously be changed from what is final. To compare to say Super SFIV the build about a month or two before release had Juri with safe light kick pinwheels and all her divekicks were also overheads.

Mechanics are obviously locked in at this stage but character tweaks would’ve been ongoing up until it went gold.

A little Gamesradar 'Rog preview.

[media=youtube]t6YSPTor87M[/media]

Jeez, Rog’s Buffalo Headbutt can be juggled off of anywhere on screen. I thought it was just corner. Hopefully it’s not character specific, the training dummy was Bob.

I Hope That He Still Has His Dash Upper Loop.

Ohh man, never thought of that. Y’know, I think I remember him comboing out of EX Upper in one of the gameplay trailers…

EDIT-

[media=youtube]UfGxP6CdL7A[/media]

Yeah, at around 36 seconds in. He manages to do EX Upper, LMHH into Vega.

If he can do that, I really think he should be able to do his old loop. I think.

rog will be solid in this system. a good mix of annoyance, patience, power, footsies, and explosive combos. stupid question, does the tag system allow you to tag during a normal throw?

Nope, as for command throws. Only some characters like Hugo and Murduk that thorw them of the wall

I swear during the Day 1 cross assault stream I saw charging straight get a wall bounce off of an in air opponent(Bob).

if my eyes weren’t deceiving me this is fucking awesome, cant wait to use this.

Well I know what I’ll be doing first thing I get the game: training mode with Balrog and Steve.

If you can still armor cancel, you sould be able to armor cancel into the super.

Balrog is just wasting a precious slot imo.

Why would anyone pick Balrog when a character like Steeve does everything he does but better?

And Balrog is a rushdown character in this game btw. I heard Seth say that anyone who will play Balrog SF4 style are going to be playing him wrong (not the way he was designed to be played). You won’t have much success turtling with him like in Super.

Better Normals? more damage?
IMO Balrgo will do better damage, steve have more options and dudley will be in between

Oh wait, I just remembered that Steeve has pretty weak anti-airs. So there’s something Balrog is better at.

But Steeve is just so ridiculously good. He has a fireball, evasion and different stances. And that overhead has such a crazy range I think he could just go over Vega’s claw faps. Not sure if he can combo from the overhead but if he can he will be pretty high tier and Dudley and Balrog will be bottom.

Having a better damage output hardly matters in this game imo since all characters can dish out like 40% via tag cancels, EX specials and supers. So in the end I feel the character with the most mobility and tools is going to be better at the highest level.

Im pretty sure boxer will have better normal’s and a jab speed and damage than Steve. While Steve will have better pressure and counter hits

you guys are pretty confident about how good steve is which i find strange

remember when super4 wasn’t released yet and everyone said dudley was clearly one of the best characters?

I for one am pretty hype on both of these guys

way more for steve but can you blame me? haha

So lets get back on topic and brainstorm. What do you guys think about team synergy with balrog? Is he better suited for a point character or in the back? I’m trying to work out a solid day one team. I really wanna try to play either Rog/Steve or Steve/Rog out of character loyalty to what i played in tekken and street fighter and to rep that fight money, but im not gonna try to force it if the synergy isn’t there. Balrog seems underplayed so far so I dont have much to go on right now. (btw gimpy you got mad swag in marvel, good shit bro)