Ask 801 Strider

Gosh, I should. I do this with Sakura but I think I’ve been afraid to do it with Abel because I’m infinitely less confident in his anti-airs. I’ll work on that, though. Really cool that you’re taking the time to do this, I consider myself a pretty good/advanced player but that’s a handicap when taking advice. If somebody I perceived to be unskilled told me this same advice I would probably say “LOL DUH” but coming from somebody more experienced it actually makes you think.

Thanks again.

Nah bro you forgot slide

Will you also get free access to Tokyo Game Show? lol

Anyway, I’m not 100% sure but the next NSB might not be in Nagoya iirc… So maybe you shouldnt book any hotels/hostels etc yet…

Strider you are my favorite Abel to watch, as a newbie watching a lot of VODs and trying mains, watching you and Shiro play definitely made me pick Abel as my main, I am godawful but spend a lot of time in training mode every day and finally Abel to do the basic stepkick into hp into cod combo fairly regularly on my friends irl(who are also bad)

anyways man this is a scrubby question but pretty much I find myself lost as to what to do after I hit a stepkick on a crouching opponent since hp whiffs…where should i go from there?

good luck in SBO man i will be rooting for you!!

Can you think of a better way to expand on this 3f safe jump other than delaying a sweep? I found it really hard to come up with a true OS off this setup.

Thanks!

When I hit step kick on a crouching opponent, and it isn’t a counter-hit, I just usually go for cr.lp/lk or TT. Cr.lp/lk is perfect since they have a 1-frame gap and can’t interrupt it without a reversal, and again, if they backdash your jab/short, that’s a free step kick punish on most of the cast. TT works well in this situation also, because people are already conditioned on getting hit with a full combo if step-kick lands, so it’s usually pretty free.

If you land a step kick with a counter-hit though, you should either use easy-mode cr.lp -> st.mp xx mp.COD, or try to land the one framer into cr.hp launcher.

Hmmm, I’m not sure, you seem to be covering every option already. Only thing I recommend is seeing if you can land a lp.TT if you just empty jump at that same range. That way, when you have them conditioned to block, you get a free knockdown.

I would test it out, but I don’t have my console with me

LOL at free access to TGS… I qualified for SBO, but I still have to pay 20 bucks to get in… Japan tourneys are too corporate :frowning:

As for NSB, I’m pretty sure it’s in Nagoya, but if you find out otherwise, please let me know, since I don’t want to waste $180 on a bullet-train ticket for nothing :wonder:

LOL nah its all good, SBO is only like a quarter of the whole experience… you need to go fight Iyo or something lol

Bullet train is expensive yo, though i guess its aight if you wanna get the experience, or something.

Anyway, a night bus is cheaper, im going by car though… im not sure one or two cars, since im not gonna be driving but yeah youre going with how many people again?

I’ll try askin the nsb staff/gamanoabura/chocoblanka regarding nsb since I kinda recalled choco told me that the next one is gonna be in kyoto…

I’m going to NSB with 2 others.

Yeah, please ask, we want to know where it’s going to be held before registering online for it :rofl:

oh snap… does that means… :frowning:

lol

Anyway ive asked, just gotta wait for a reply now.

I’ll be kinda free that week so we can chill around in Tokyo, go to arcades and stuff.

… to get back on topic, regarding CH f.mk, i’m usually abel to react with s.mp xx cod(usually lp) or s.hp against characters that it will land. Sometimes when I fish for the CH, ill follow with cr.hp. Anyway, i’m trying to make it a habit to combo a CH f.mk into a cr.mp instead of a st.mp since it does significantly more damage.

Yeah, we gotta chill in Tokyo man, we need someone to show us around :rofl:

Yeah LP TT does hit from that range its quite cushdy.

are plays on AE machines in Japan expensive? Around where I’m from it’s a quarter a pop… Just curious…

Hey, that question belongs in the Ask Abelity thread LMAO

its 100 yen a pop at most places at first(usually for a best of 5 rounds), though there are arcades that have ae for 50 yen a pop instead (best of 3, though there are best of 5 rounds for 50 yen too)…

It can get expensive if you keep losing, so dont lose lol… Ive had long ass winning streaks before and shit can get really tiring to a point that youre kinda hoping your next opponent is low BP so that you can maybe lose intentionally (you lose more bp against those around the same bp as you, weird i know)…

Yeah, I heard arcades can get expensive. We are going to be staying in a hotel that is right next to Safari, so we are going to be playing there most of the time. My friend is bringing a camara and is going to be recording my matches, I’ll upload the ones I use Abel in.

Safari is 50 yen, right? Shit, we should start a “ask Abelity” thread now that I think about it :rofl:

A lot of arcades in Tokyo is already 50 yen a pop… and uh… I havent been to Safari LOL

Ive been to a lot of arcades except that one, dont really know why, maybe because im too lazy to take the train to ikebukuro haha. When I go there(Tokyo) I usually hang around the Shinjuku area for arcades.

Taito Station South Shinjuku is the hot spot at the moment (been for about a month or so already)…

The hot spot changes from time to time though. Not hard to find it though if you have a japan phone registered to the mobile site.

Shiozawa (sp?) 5v5 cup… Is it happening again this year? If so, when/where?

Its always been one day before SBO, I’m pretty sure it still is. Wanna team up? LOL

If it does happen, I will be teaming with iPeru, fubarduck, and possibly another friend, so if we can’t find another member, you are more than welcome to join us :wonder:

Is it just open to the public so anyone can join?? If so… FRAYYYYYYYY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah, NSB is a online register-only to my understanding…

Anyways, getting off-topic now, keep them questions coming