Anti-Arthur Strats

Play Captain America.

Arthur is no less able to move against Ammy than he can against the majority of the cast.
Ammy is less adept at avoiding Arthur’s projectiles than anyone with a teleport, and she doesn’t have high damage projectile invin
She is not a particularly bad matchup relative to the rest of the cast.

vs. grounded Ammy, Arthur can do dive-cancel crossbow to zone until Ammy gets within melee range. Arthur is one of the few characters in the game that can throw grounded projectiles that Ammy can’t duck completely, so that’s an advantage for him.

You can also do jump back axes against Ammy just like any other non-zoning character.

If your argument is “Arthur is anchor,” then you should really be comparing Ammy to XF3 gold Arthur.

I don’t understand your logic. If Ammy stays on the ground, that means she’s executing an awesome gameplan, but if Arthur stays on the ground, he’s doomed to failure? Even though he’s one of the few characters that can chip her on the ground and he has an answer for reflect?

Whoa…whats his answer for reflect? Fire bottle is all i can think of.

Nothing. The flames are completely neutralized, even on golden armor. I will say that from my experience, Ammy is the worst match up for Arthur, especially if she has the health advantage which forces Arthur to come to her. Abusing the air S is risky when has that counter move.

Fire bottle in front of her. As soon as she absorbs a flame, Goddess Bracelet.

If she continues to reflect, she eats super.
If she lets go (to block), she eats flames, then super.
If she cancels to (LV1) super, she gets hit out of startup (and eats super).

Her only options are cancel to LV3 or XF.

Arthur can beat the gong by only throwing 2 daggers or 2 lances

I have to say that ammy isnt a bad match up for Arthur. Her projectile counter isnt good because all you have to do is mix it up with a fire bottle and a instant over head M or air S. Shes not to small for Arthur to hit, his Ax will travel across the screen and will hit her if he air dashes or super jumps. Plus his daggers can be thrown at different heights making it a easy wall that will hit her. Also canceling his air S into certain moves lets them move differently then normal. Arthur might not be a mobile as ammy but she only has a few tools to deal with Arthur and those tools have weak points that can’t deal with all Arthur can do. Arthur doesnt have to force ammy to jump when he’s already forcing her to throw up her counter which all he has to do to is throw 2 daggers or lances to make it pointless for them to keep doing it. As a Arthur player I can tell you ammy isn’t a bad match up for Arthur at all.

The flame might be neutralized but each durability point has to be ate by the shield which gives you a opportunity to attack her since it’s a mix up on the shield of a projectile and physical attack. Everyone keeps saying ammy is a bad match up for Arthur and thats not true Arthur has the tools to beat her those who don’t main or really know Arthur just don’t know.

If ammy is using a counter,super jump firbottle.
Or,sjump.overhead.
You can also space how you use your jumps,which is another approach

my anti arthur strat
I dont need one there are like 2 Arthur’s on PSN and I’m one of them