(Another) new kaillera server WEST COAST

Yo what’s up with the “no long names to a game or you’ll get kicked out of it when you try to host,” rule?

How many people did we get? My friend runs an eastcoast server on the same host and he has consistantly 60 people on his server and I don’t think they have lag problems. It’s probably just bad luck. Kaillera is like a 5 year old netcode that was never really finished so it can get pretty bad sometimes for inexplicable reasons.

Also, by ads are you referring to my super long welcome message or the periodic announces that CATZ puts out? welcome message should not effect lag at all. I’ll tell CATZ to lay low on the announces. It’s just for now until my server moves, and then occasionally to announce events/tourneys etc.

tough luck with hawaii. 78 ms ping means 78 ms of delay. A little bit more in reality, but it’s shouldn’t be 2s. I’ve gotten to a playable rate at 78ms ping in games like garou. It does seem that sf3 handles lag less better.

lol, you really want a super long game name? Give me a good reason and I’ll spend 30 seconds of my time changing that setting.

Hmm, yea it might of been a bad night. I upgraded my computer (It was running at Mame at 100% speed before anyhow, I just felt like upgrading it) so it was strange when the first few matches I had were laggy with the evil "unpredictable lag"
Afterwards, I had a lot more other matches that were fine. The last few matches after that were good, but lag came up at the end as well.

Hmm, ok. I didn’t know that?
How does lag occur anyhow? I always thought it was cuz of people coming in and out of the server.

As for the long names, I agree. It won’t let me load up King of Fighter’s 98: The Slugfest and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future cuz of long names.

Oh, I see waht you mean, no wonder no ones playing jojos. i’ll try and fix that.

Well yeah I was exaggerating a bit with my 2s lag comment, but it still lags to a point where my character may as well be moving underwater (cannot hit-confirm or react to anything); I may as well just use Alex. Oh well.

Thanks anyway. (I’m guessing you all live in the same state as the server location or in a bordering state?)

Thank you for fixing the long names rule CP!:tup:

np rage :). Go play some jojos.

edit:nvm

I’ve been getting reports of the same problem :frowning: but someone said the problem god fixed.

I’m doing everything I can right now (i.e. bitching to my server). My server sure chose a bad time to fuck up on me seeing how the sf3 tourney is coming up D:. So yeah, real sorry, it should come back up soon.

it’s back again =(

Edit: seems using supraclient seems to be a temporary solution.

Try this one

Server location: Los Angeles, California
IP: 23.94.243.34:27888
You can also use netherrealm.us as the IP
Name: Netherrealm

http://netherrealm.us