Anime & Manga Thread v.6.0 Crunchyroll Sucks Now, Come Back Funimation! Come Back!

i loved the fuck out of it, same here its right up my alley

Just watched the Fullmetal Panic first two episodes. That second episode was pretty hype. Shit is way more serious then I remember most of the previous seasons. If it keeps up like this definitely get the S tier placement.

I really recommend reading it since it seems the anime didn’t actually do much animation of the dancing outside of a few scenes and is otherwise just stills. At least if you read it those stills have way more quality.

Or at least read it when you’re done because it’s on-going and really damn good.

Whats this about a new Lupin III?

Besides the dragon vore, Hisone to Masotan been pretty entertaining. The ED is funky as hell.

Yeah came out this season, Crunchyroll has it

1 Like

Just finished welcome to the ballroom. What a great series. Definitely picking up the all the current manga volumes when I get paid.

1 Like

Welcome to the Ballroom manga is on hiatus, iirc, due to health issues from the mangaka. The mangaka has been having health issues since the last few episodes of the tv series. Originally, the manga was supposed to finish off that arc and the anime was going to follow it but the mangaka fell behind and the production studio had to get story outlines from the mangaka to finish the anime. I’m not sure if the manga finished that arc off but I heard at the time that the two were going to be different as a result.

This season is pretty hype overall but it’s filled with nostalgia reboots of super old series and sequels to existing stuff. I find myself watching the majority of the shows out this season and I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve followed this many shows.

Not going to go over everything I’m watching this season but some of the highlights of the season is FMP, LoGH, Hinamatsuri, and Megalo Box.

I was pretty concerned about the new LoGH cause it’s one cour and I figured they would speed up the story significantly. So far though they’ve been sticking to the original OAV fairly closely from what I can remember. The redesigns and choices of VAs takes some time to get use to. I’m still disappointed that they won’t get VAs to reprise their roles like Norio Wakamoto for Reunthal.

Regarding Hisone to Masotan, that’s the new anime from Studio Bones if anyone cares. The show is pretty good after 2 episodes. Not sure the main direction of the series but it’s pretty cute so far.

Amazon had YuYu Hakusho season one Blu-Ray for like $20 bones. BOUGHT and ARRIVED! Cannot wait to binge this series as I’ve never seen it all the way through. I also got season 3 on the way since it was about the same price. I’ll pick up the other sets in soon.

I also bought Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro Collector’s Edition Blu-ray. Saw it on Netflix last year as I always wanted to check this flick out and it blew me a fricking away. I don’t know which dub I watched then but the CE Blu-ray has the 1992 and 2000 dub. Kinda nice of them to include two dubs in addition to subtitles.

Also got My Neighbors the Yamadas. Looks like cute, newspaper strip-like anime.

Currently watching Baka and Test. Comedy gold.

2 Likes

In the 92 dub Lupin is voiced by Solid Snake.

1 Like

So, apparently there’s a Hokuto no Ken Bodywash. The things you didn’t know you needed in your life.
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/989104778226683906

You’ll be so clean you’re already dead!!!

1 Like

Ballroom is a lot better when they introduce that feisty redhead. The necks always throw me off a bit, but it was a good show for what it covers. I thought it slowed down too much at the end of the series, (one comp is literally the whole 2nd half) but I guess that’s what happens when the manga is ongoing.

Also, just having FMP back goddamn amazing. It was literally one of the first anime I ever owned as a young teen.

Just saw episode 2 of FMP. Who want to argue with me that Tessa is not the best girl?!

kindle on pc is interesting.
to zoom in on a graphic novel or comic panel…you dont do the two finger spread, you double tap on the panel and that causes zoom in. or better said it just switches the view where you just see the panel you double tapped but much bigger.
not really a zoom, more of a switch.
to zoom out, double tap again.

did u use amazon locker? im officially in love with amazon locker. cant go back to classic shipping now. jaded

What’s amazon locker?

IIRC, they drop it off at a locker or some other shipping business place and you pick it up there. I’m not sure why you would want to do that versus just having it delivered to your house though. Unless your shit gets stolen lol

1 Like

Amazon locker is good if your not home at the usual hours your local carriers make their deliveries. Thankfully I don’t have that problem.

Speaking of Amazon they upped the price for prime (US). $120 a year. I miss the days when it was only $80. :cry:

The best part is that they upped it to $120 a year without, as best as I can tell, adding any additional benefits. Easy cancellation…which because I was on a yearly plan will take effect next January. -_-