Anakaris Strats

does anyone know hwo to combo into the super where he tosses you around? nice!
:evil:

it’s been quite some time since i last visited this topic, but i think some of us mention how to connect pharoah’s illusion on the first page, and how to use it

realizes i’m over a half month late reply

Anakaris, one of MY personal favorites.

Anny is one of my personal favorite characters.

The first thing to keep in mind is this: dont select him for his supers. Pharoah magic and Illusion are nearly impossible to do and dont do enough damage to bother with.

Where Anakaris truely shines is his royal curse, cobra blow, and Mummy drop atacks.

I personally find that royal curse works best against very big characters, since the atack can only be done in mid air, most small characters will have plenty of times to dodge or block it. But guys like Juggernaut wont.

Mummy drop is probably THE best special throw in the game. It does a decent amount of damage and it builds up your super bar quickly.

As for Cobra blow, I dont use it often with this guy, but I will throw it in occasionally when fighting keep away characters.

Anakaris’ other big strength is his slow jump time. While this may seem like a disadvantage to some, its great for avoiding beams and really big beams. and also for fighting with high flying characters.

People who make great Anakaris partnets are usually ones with no reach, Like BB hood and roll, his ground assist (the cobra blow.) eliminates the weakness these characters usually have. (plus their hyper combos complement one another.)

Thats what I say about Anakaris.

Anakaris 101

It’s been about a year since I last posted here @SRK. First, I’d like to shout out to all Anakaris players. Secondly a major shout out to EasternPinoy (we used to post at previous MvsC2 webstie).
Anakaris has a lot of potential (too much to list in one post). So I’ll try my best to teach ANAKARIS 101 (WHEN POSSIBLE). Before we start, check out the scale rating starting with least skilled, to most skilled!

1)Sloppy’karis
2)Slacker’karis
3)Good’akaris
4)Nice’akaris
5)Nasty’karis
6)Anakaris
7)Advance’akaris
8)Super’karis
9)King’karis
10)God’karis

I rank myself between #8 and #9.
This rating system doesn’t neccasarily mean that you’ll always win, or lose, but how well you can use him! I.e. flawless excution of his moves, hyper canceling, combos, etc. Know 2 things before we start: 1)To utilze any character in this game, you have to think of them as well trained pokemon(so no character sucks!). 2)Like Rodney King, Anakaris says that WE ALL MUST GET ALONG(meaning all three characters you plan to play with!)!

Whoa!!! It’s been a long time since my last post here in shoryuken. I was also one of the Anakaris user here who keeps on posting Anakaris related topics but gone after 1 1/2 years. Now that I’m back… I should say that I’m now a very good Anakaris Player in our place than before!!!

I’m a pinoy and live here in the Philippines. I’ve been using Anakaris 3 years already!!! My current team is Anakaris/Storm/Son Son. We almost have similarities with Easternpinoy because he also uses the Anakaris/Son Son team-up. I also post topics in gamefaqs and my name there is “Anakaris Curse”. Anakaris/Son Son Air Unblockable is justt too powerful!!!

I think I’m going to rate myself as Super Anakaris according to the previous post. I’ve got my own vids or matches in my home… soon to be downloadable.

Hey all Expert Anakaris players out there, I have a question, In your opinion, Who will win in a one-on-one match between Cable and Anakaris (No assists)?

If you’ll ask me… of course you’ll already know which side I am.

Anakaris 101

Anakaris and Cable one on one huh? I’ve thought about that some time ago and here’s what I think… ANAKARIS OWNS ALL!!! Just Kidding. Seriously. Considering both persons playing are good, if Anakaris slips up, he gets AHVB x 3. And everybody knows Anakaris takes damage like nobody’s business!
Most Cables I see usually attack their opponents by jumping in with a Roundhouse kick, or Stun grenade followed by Viper beams. Anakaris can counter his air RH with his launch, but what then if Cable blocks it? I like to use Anakaris’ Mirror Drop as an offensive deffense in my game. For example. As soon as I see Cable going for his HVB (while grounded), I throw him as long as he’s within range. Other times I’ll bait him by S.jumping and throwing a couple of coffins. My current and only team is (in this order) Anakaris (Cobra Blow assist), Sentinel (Drone assist) and C. Commando (AA assist). I got tons of moves I’m sure that people never knew were possible with Anakaris!

Damn!

I know Anakaris isn’t exactly a more “favored” character, but doesn’t anyone have strats that they wish to discuss about him???:frowning:

discuss Anakaris vs the 4 God Tiers… I’ll post mine later.

You must be this gabriel. Well anak vs magneto well if he Sj’s right away do a coffin drop if it connects do the pharoah illusion then just slap that bitch around:). Vs storm hmmm when they Sj and start doing repeated HPs do the illusion and knock them into the DHC. Vs cable use doom anti air and sj-dash to other side of cable and do the cobra rush down cancel into cobra rush super. Just chip him or combo him till hes gone. Your screwed against sent. Post more people.

I’m not Gabriel, but I’ve been on the wrong end of the mummy more than anyone else in the game, and we’ve discussed a TON how Anak fights everyone else. And there is absolutely no dispute Gabriel is the best Anakaris player ever.

First of all, Anak’s main combo is launch, lp lk super. If you mash it correctly, it’s 55-70 (!!!) off the bat. If you’re not getting that much damage, then you’re mashing incorrectly. This is the only super that is worth anything, except maybe DHCing into the Pharoah’s Curse, and even that is iffy imo. Storm is the best second character, because DHC into hailstorm is instant win. Remember, it only takes one hit!

Anakaris is more of a rushdown character than anything else. His overhead game is almost as fast as Magneto’s, and hurts more (instant death). Trust me on this, guessing gets stupid. He also has some really important tricks, most notably his ability to easily infinite with like 3 good characters (Storm / Dhalsim / Cyke), his unblockable one-hit kill setups, and his ability to damage runaway Storm.

The most common one
Infinite with cyke (not in corner):

c.short + cyke, c. fierce /\ sj. curse

Just learn the timing. In the corner you can just launch and super them.

Infinite with storm-B
launcher + storm /\ sj.fierce xx curse

Most of his unblockable setups involve getting the corner, getting an opponent in grab range, throwing them into the corner and then infinite / launch. Either way it’s game. I don’t know them off the top, but some of them involve blocked hits in the air into the hands, landing, and then forcing a blocked chain into hands. The opponent obviously needs to be standing, but most people do stand.

Opening matches involve launch into infinite (if they are going to the air), or overhead, which if it hits, is an infinite.

I think the best teams are Anak / Storm / Cyke or Sent or Tron, although Gabriel will ONLY play Anak / Storm / Son-Son, which is also dangerous. Tron makes Anakaris just as dangerous close range than Magneto. EVERY Anakaris team needs Storm in second if you’re serious.

Anak is decent against Magneto one on one. Poor stamina sucks, but you hit so hard that it’s decently fair. You can c.fierce all air attacks cleanly, and if you miss you can do b,f+jab to cancel it and be relatively safe.

Anakaris owns Cable one on one. If Cable sj’s then he needs to guess when he lands, and that guess involves overheads, and a wrong guess is more than half-life. If Cable just jumps up, then he needs to worry about getting wavedashed under, or Anak can sj. up and drop coffins. And no matter what, at close range Cable will just get rushed.

Problems for Anakaris are Sent/Capcom and Cable/Sent. Anakaris / Tron seems to be the best solution for this.

But Gabriel would be the end-all answers for all of this.

I’m not gabriel. But who is gabriel?! does he have any tourney videos available to download? We both use Anakaris/Storm/Son Son. If he’s the best Anakaris player around, well I will be HIM here in the Philippines hehehehehe.

What I do against the 4 God Tiers(especially one-on-one):

Against Cable:

Anakaris really owns Cable One-On-One and I’m consistently winning every scene like this. because I can confuse him easily with no worries of AAA… I’m pretty confident to do all of my best with Anakaris vs a God Tier. Every standing HP he does(with the exception of his scimitar), i’ll just jump then air dash with lp,mp,hp immediately and you can air combo him… snapback or any move that is possible to reach. When he does hp in the super jump mode and you blocked it, just push block and retaliate with a coffin drop (only if he’s already going down and can’t do an AHVB to you). Just continue using his ground chains on the ground and pyramid rush him, confusion is the key.

Against Storm:

Just use your long range moves like sj. hk whenever you are about to land. If she’s keepaway. Be also a keepaway character. There’s no risk. Whenever she does a Typhoon in the air… just drop a coffin, its pretty fast than expected. RUSH HER ALSO !!!especially in the corner!!!

And one thing more… in order to keep you storm’s opponent do a Hail Storm… DO a super jump with a curse so whenever she does a Hail Storm… even if you get hit, the curse still moving towards her and she will be hit!!! FREE COMBO/SUPER/INSTANT KILL/CURSE INFINITE!!!

Against Magneto:

Well, if you’ll ask my opinion, this will be the hardest. What I just do is just to avoid being rushed… I jump so after hitting me with a hk rush, I can retatiate quickly with lp,mp, then any combo which leads to curse infinite or instant kill. Rush him also in the corner especially when there is no Psylocke. Anakaris/Son Son is his weakness. He can be easily thrown away with Son Son’s AAA then capture him with a Mummy Wrap in the air UNESCAPABLE!!! Repeat it until he is dead.

Against Sentinel:

One of my favorites… He will not be able to reach you whenever you’re in the air and doing COffin Drops/curses because he’s big to receive it. He can’t just fly/unfly with the presence of Anakaris’ Curses/COffins and his long HK.

Another tip, if youre near with him and he does super drones, after the first batch, capture him with a Mummy Wrap(depending on your distance), or even earlier(before the first batch hits you) TRUST ME… I’ve been doing this until now. It only requires good timing.

I think Anakaris has some interesting properties, most notably he has some Dhalsim like range, speed in normals, and that he deals insane amounts of damage.

Against Magneto and Storm, you’d be surprised how effective sj. coffins are. Mostly throw them to cover your close frontside repeatedly, and it’s hard for people to get in. They need to run and try and sj. projectile or hailstorm, which you can try and read and long-range coffin drop. Or at least, this is what happens to me haha. The best way to fight this is tempest xx hailstorm, so the Anak player needs to be honest!

Sentinel’s worse enemy is Anak’s sj. lk, which is key to fightning him when he flies. Having some AAA is useful, because you can call it, sj. and quickly drop a coffin for cover, and pressure Sentinel that way pretty safely.

Anak can assist kill pretty efficiently with stuff like launcher, lp lk super, which characters like Cable can’t deal with. They need to wavedash under you, jump behind you and AHVB, which gives you plenty of time to hailstorm. Best is with Capcom:

c.lk + capcom, c.hp /\ lp super xx hailstorm. This deals about 110 damage.

There’s also an assist reset with something like

c.lk + capcom, c.hp /\ lp lk xx cobra blow xx super.

This is hella hard to do, but I think it’s like 110 without hailstorm to an assist.

I think me and Gabe are playing in a tournament on the 30th, so I’ll see if he’s bring his camera and we’ll post some matches.

Well, I will be waiting for it. Just post it if its available already. Its really fun and inspiring watching Anakaris Tourneys. I also got mine but not yet online. I use Anakaris/Storm/Son Son also.

Anakaris Strategy

My team is (in this order) Anakaris, Sentinel and Captain Commando. I usually rush with Anakaris with Sentinel drone assist to back me up. It is also possible to combo into any of his supers. Mostly when given the opportunity I use his Mirror Drop to grab enemies out of their supers:D . You should see the look on the other players’ face:D .

Some supers I’ve grabbed players out of are Jugg Head Crush, both of Mags supers, IM’s Arctic Attack, Cable HVB, and any of Sentinels three supers just to name a few. Some pretty close ones were Storm’s Hailstorm and War Machines (not the Proton Cannon, the other one). I had to dash across the screen to grab him. One bizzare incident occured when I grabbed Psylocke out of hers. It’s the one where shes surrounded by that purple plasma and she chrges at you. I didn’t think it would connect but it does!

It would have been real nice to see more of his moves in MvsC2 from Dark Stalkers though. I only really get a chance to post on weekends, so I’ll post more later. PEACE!

Anakaris N.Y. players

By the way, are there any diehard Anakaris N.Y. players here? I’m in Suffolk County Long Island.

“Secondly a major shout out to EasternPinoy (we used to post at previous MvsC2 webstie).” - Anakaris

hey wussup man, i mean… I FOUND YOU!!!..
…more like you found me, but whatever, lol

ya, i still post regularly at the other place, it’s just too bad i’m not as into the game as i was 1st semester last year. i’ve been workin on my school of anakaris topic over there on the arcade board in an attempt to refurnish my existing faq there.

WAZZUUUUUP!

What’s up man!? I just got thru reading your strategy guide for Anakaris at gamespot.com. It seems updated since it was first published at gamefaqs.com. I stopped posting there because people are just too immature, plus the people I play with post here. If you need addittional strats for an updated guide, don’t hesitate to ask. There’s no way I could type a strategy guide. I don’t have the patience! I post here usually on weekends, so I’ll check for you then. See ya:D

ya, i can’t wait til i get my faq renovated. it won’t just be an update, it will have a totally new look, with contributions from other users there as well as a thanks for everything.

Lemme know when your ready for my strats, just remember I can only post on weekends.