Adon Video Discussion (Updated: 12-08-10)

I’m loving what I’m seeing from this video. I hope he can combo c.short > s.jab > c.strong > RJ. Strange how the Sagat never punished any rh JT’s. I have a pretty good source(capcom japan :rofl:) that says it’s unsafe. Another thing to note is JT can be blocked low. I’m loving how that EX JT got him out of the corner pretty safely. I think my plan of runaway Adon might just work :rofl:

im interested to see whats up with his FA and how/when it misses, and i cant wait to test his AA normals, Gilley did you say he had 2 command normals that look like knee attacks?
also EX Jaguar kick hits twice? maybe fadc RJ? either way itll be fun for pressure.

• c.mk & c.mp are special cancelable
    also at :43 Adon forward dashes underneath Sagat’s cl.HP, his dash hitbox looks interesting like Honda’s FA, etc.

No…

I analyzed the frames in these videos since they were recorded at 60fps. Adon has a 5 frame startup on his RJ. He’s going to be easily safe jumped just like Sagat :sad:

how do you do that?
i would like to analyze the frames on what little footage i have seen of gouken.

I bring the .wmv’s into adobe after effects and convert them to a .mov file. From there I bring them into the quicktime player and this allows me to step through the animations frame by frame using the arrow keys on my keyboard. I’ve been doing this for a very long time with SF4(since 2008) and I’m also a professional animator, so I know what clues to look for to determine when attacks are starting up/ending/etc. Is there something in particular with gouken that you need to find the startup on? I’m converting most of these videos to this .mov format. I can take a look at it…keep in mind, this stuff I do only works with the startup of moves. To find the total frames for a move, I have to do certain things in training mode so I can see when the move ends. So if you’re looking to figure out stuff like that from these videos, it’s probably a waste of time. But it’s easy to find the startup for normals.

For most of the videos you find online, this is a really inaccurate way to find frame datas. These korean videos though, were the first ssf4 videos to be at 60 fps. A couple weeks ago I tried to analyze Dudley’s frame data using the jwong tutorial video on gametrailers. From there I figured that he has a 2frame c.jab. This went along with what ricky ortiz figured it was, from playing Dudley at GDC. I have since then figured that the jwong tutorial video wasn’t 60fps so that will affect the frame data I calculated from the video.

As an example, in the gametrailers vid, I calculated dudley’s overhead to be 8 frames long. In the korean ssf4 videos, the overhead is actually 13 frames long. So Dudley probably doesn’t have a 2 frame c.jab, it probably is 3 frames(whew!). Unfortunately Dudley doesn’t do a c.jab in any of the korean videos.

I should have the rest of these videos converted with in the next couple hours. It takes me like 20 mins to convert them to .mov because of their large file size. I’ve already calculated the startup for a bunch of Adon normals…

c.jab = 3
c.short = 4
c.strong = 5
c.forward = 7
j.forward = 7

JT and JK startup is probably variable depending on if your opponent is standing/crouching, so it’s really hard to tell from this video. JK has about 21 frames of startup and rh JT takes anywhere between 30-34 frames to hit. This is of course variable because it’s a jumping attack.

oh thats cool stuff gilley!
mostly i am curious about the startup of his normal fireballs, denjin and jab punch.
lol, i do a little bit of video editing with the program that came with my ezcap device, but i cant figure out how to download vids from youtube onto my computer so i can mess with them!

normal FB is still 17 frames startup, c.jab is still 4 frames startup. The denjin is really hard to determine, mainly be cause it’s an ultra and that it’s hard to tell where the startup begins and where the cinematic ends. Also, the denjin is an ultra that you can hold, so there’s no way to tell if the person playing gouken was holding down the buttons.

Remember, using youtube videos to get frame data is a bad idea because they’re 30fps. It’s completely inaccurate.

ah!
thanks for your effort on my behalf gilley!

The thread title suits Sakura, not Adon.

Tidbits of Juri vs Adon in this video.

[media=youtube]PYzY5njJwY8[/media]

Not much of anything but it is video footage so I had to post it.

[media=youtube]PYzY5njJwY8#t=1m20s[/media]
Right after the blocked juri wheel kick at 1:20…Is that a kara throw i’m seeing? Or is it small step fwd and throw? Seems too fast to be a walking throw attempt.

lol, does sakura have a spotted pussy?
i like how the thread title gets people excited!
its like piss christ.

Yeah, this looks an awful lot like a kara throw. Fast walk speed+kara throw is gonna be great. I bet it’s kind of like Vega, he’s got one of the best kara throws in the game.

http://www.gamekult.com/video/9913565/

Dudley vs Adon

[media=youtube]VHadnYrXNNI[/media]

[media=youtube]qlJhgYSOc0w[/media]

Both Juri vs Adon

Got 'em. I need to figure out the best way to format this entire thing at some point.

I’m still watching them now.

2:13 you can see Rising Jaguar trade and it totally looks like he could follow it up.
2:33 crouching forward is the same as Alpha 2 but faster.
3:16 we see short Jaguar Tooth land and it doesn’t push Juri back nearly as far as it pushed Sagat back in the Adon vs Sagat video. Looks like extra knockback on counter hit folks.
3:21 air Jaguar Kick doesn’t knock down. Perhaps it’s possibly to get two hits out an of air to air confrontation via j.MK xx Air Jaguar Kick. Land before them for mixup too. Ground EX Jaguar Kick definitely puts them in the falling animation. Maybe air EX Jaguar Kick will too I just havne’t seen it.
4:25 air EX Jaguar Kick shown. Trades with pin wheel but knocks down immediately. Good shit! This might be good for beating out pesky lariats if needed.

One of the vids shows him hit with EX Jag Kick. It knocks them down, so he cant followup with a combo. If the overhead rumor is true then we’ll just have to treat it like Chun’s EX Hazanshu

I should have just replied in one big thing. Watching second video now.

3:08 you can see close roundhouse.
3:38 air Jaguar Kick definitely has different ranges and/or is controllable from the looks of things. I wasn’t sure about this before.

At another time you can see close forward too but I didn’t type it up. That’s all I saw at a quick glance.

[media=youtube]cGHDJ7Tw-sc#t=02m57s[/media]
Dudley vs Adon

i fucking love this thread title.