Adjustments for Arthur in "the next Marvel"

Random supers don’t matter if your locking them down correctly though, they should just be recovering from your wave of projectiles (assuming arthur is out) and assist spamming so that a lance charge can be used unpunished. I feel you and I have very different views of playing arthur.

Edit : that came off as snarky, its not meant to be, I would really like your input on arthur’s playstyle :slight_smile:

Let me give you a more specific example:

Arthur is near the corner.
Amaterasu superjumps and airdashes forward to close distance.
Arthur attempts to “dash” underneath with lance charge.
Ammy does what Ammy does and spams out a random shuffle.
Because you can’t cancel lance charge into airblock (like a dash), Arthur eats super.

Saying that they should be recovering from projectile spam doesn’t make sense… why would you be dashing forward (with a move that is not safe on block!) if you successfully have them locked down with spam?

Ok I see where you are coming from. I would be lance charging him to midscreen to keep away from the corner where he could be susceptible to people being desperate and throwing random supers. Midscreen pressure in my opinion is better and I also like to change up art’s playstyle from lockdown to rushdown from time to time.

Well then, I wish lance charge was safe on block :confused:

Haggar could run in Final Fight 3 and in Slammasters and Chris runs all the time since Biohazard 1 thus a dash.

I haven’t played it but supposedly the last new GnG game had Arthur with a dash mechanic so if he does, Capcom should implement.

I want 2 swords and true homing crossbows like SGNG. The homing feature of the crossbow in this game is weak.

Also, rework the Gold Armor mechanics. Is completely WACK as it is.

I think he’d be fine if his life were increased to around 1mil, and make underwear arthur a debuff that lasts only about 6 seconds. oh yeah and make it so throwing that last j. dagger easier to hit a crouching opponent easier.

nice to have… a projectile that hits low, sweet intricate projectile combos

dashes. superjump or dj.
and yeah a lowish projectile would be interesting ha. a marvel sagat… the spam… THE SPAAAAAMMMM (don’t get offended it’s not like he isn’t a zoner or a spammer already)

Things I’ve heard.

-He has a bit more health.
-He can throw 3 lances now in normal armor, 2 in gold armor.
-When doing an air combo S drops you to the ground FAST giving him more time to setup combo (such as easier OTG flame bottle I would think)

From what I’ve seen in videos

• jump S does drop fast. Easier to combo off of. this changes alot. Some better insta-overheads/loops? awesome news. Here’s the link start time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeR-AeaDheE&t=5m6s

• Not sure about the health. I dunno if its the new health Bar or Firebrand not hitting hard…not confirmed

• Haven’t seen any 3 Lances thrown, people probably are mistaking Daggers for them.

A lot of Capcom characters don’t have a dash in their game but they have them in this.

I’ve been told he can ground dash. can anyone confirm this? I love the faster air s.

Just… make his magic sword command normal useful ;-; It’s just so impractical now… It just needs to have a really fast startup and I’ll be happy.

What I would really like is as people have said, a ground dash, and to have armor powerup cause one hit so that it is easier to combo into it. Think about it, just having that could potentially give arthur a much easier time with high damage combos and also let it be usefull as a punish if it were to retain invincibility frames. I also like Dan’s idea for power-down armor or armor health. I think magic sword could be buffed on start up to serve better as a GTFO move, or give arthur an entirely new move to serve this purpose. To me Arthur is most crippled by his mobility so just improving that would be a very good way to make him a more competitive character. I mean just improving walk speed would be nice… If you think about it it really doesn’t make sense to keep arthur at the level that he is because in vanilla, even with arthur being a zoning king, he was put at an instant disadvantage to characters like magneto with his disruptor and being able to rushdown so well. There are many examples of arthur’s instant handicap to characters that really does not make sense from a balance perspective… Although in the first month of mvc3 I was beasting on sentinel dante mags teams just with arthur so it really is a story of how you play a literally broken character coughHUGOcough. I would be really happy with capcom if they put some love into this character. I’m still going to main him regardless though…

Well, I did alot of play with Arthur over the weekend and did notice a couple of changes with him. I’ve also got some videos I uploaded for reference in canse you guys catch something that I missed.
[LIST]
[]Arthur’s gold armor now lasts 1500 frames instead of 1200. That is the number I came up with while replaying a match I recorded with myself here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf5eK86NP-o
[
]Arthur seems to have more health, can’t really prove it but it feels like his health his 900k. The above video can be used as reference I suppose.
[]While it may not seem like a buff at the moment, since it’s been said that X-Factor has been normalized with all the characters in the game, the fact that Arthur’s X-Factor is better with gold armor than without it suggests that when wearing gold armor, his X-Factor is stronger than all the other characters in the game. This video shows the difference in speed and power between normal armor and gold armor level 3 X-Factor’d Arthur in the current UMvC3 build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ64emlUeXo
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Arthur’s j. S has drastically changed. To me, it felt like when I used it during a super jump, he would literally just halt his jump trajectory and drop down very quickly with his lance. The 2 previous videos should illustrate this.
[/LIST]
Hope you guys can find stuff in the linked videos, can’t get enough Arthur knowledge.

So far it looks like art’s j. S has turned into skrull’s d+h without the ground bounce :slight_smile: I really like it so far, it is wonderful. Having longer armor is nice and xf3 with gold armor looks extremely deadly. I keep wanting to come back the j.S because it can now be used for some baiting if you can cancel it into c. M. Thank you for the videos. :slight_smile:

I main arthur in vanilla and i’ll be maining him in ultimate.

I can confirm that Arthur’s XF3 Gold Armor is still broke as hell. I was actually considering of dropping Arthur for the newer characters if his comeback factor was gimped, but this was definitely not the case. 3-4 Golden Lances still kill a character, and his XF2 Golden is almost as fast as Vanilla’s XF3. I can’t really confirm this other than my word, but I was locking people down with XF2 Ancthur with as much ease as XF3 Vanilla Ancthur.

And with a better j.S for easier instant overhead combos? Time to rush shit down even better.

Just to make sure, did anyone notice about Arthur’s health in his normal form? Because if it was in his Golden Armor form, it would most likely be wrong since he already receives a health buff on that form (960k). But if it’s indeed true about his health buff, then in his Golden Armor form, it would mean he would have over 1m health, or possible up to 1.1m. That sounds very nice, it looks like Capcom is trying to make Arthur focus on his Golden Armor form more than before.

I’m hype for the improved j.S, longer gold armor, and increased health. Maybe Arthur will be decent on point now. If XF2 is really that fast, it’s going to be hilarious rushing down with Arthur backed by an assist. LMAO! Either way, Arthur is looking much better. I didn’t think he was that bad in Vanilla anyways. Dagger assist is so underrated.

Speaking of dagger assist, is it just me or does it look like Arthur doesn’t come out as far ahead of the point character? That would be a slight buff to the assist, IMO.

@Evul: Capcom confirmed that Arthur got a health boost.

• Make that Swallow Blade more flexible. I am fine with however they do this; whether they remove the startup lag, make it last longer, make it add more stun or do something to keep the opponent guessing, it’s all good. Just make me appreciate it more, please.

• Improve his charge a little. I might just be being a fool here, but this is meant to be one of Arthur’s bigger melee options - seeing it get outprioritised by some many moves is rather discouraging. Perhaps, during its startup, add the tiniest attack box that could only hit the enemy if they’re practically touching Arthur. His close-combat game isn’t in any danger of suddenly getting good, anyway!

Official changelog for Arthur:

Arthur

• Health increased to 850,000.
  • Changed falling speed of j.S.
  • j.S can OTG.
  • Added starup invincibility to Heavenly Slash.
  • Increased untechable time for first hit of Hellbound Slash.
  • Additional hits can be added to Goddess’ Bracelet through rapid buttons presses.

So here’s what I notice:

• j.S fall speed seems very useful, especially if it works as a “divekick.”
  • j.S OTG is key; ideally, Arthur will now be able to combo after an airthrow
  • Heavenly Slash invincibility is godlike; a game-changer
  • Opponents falling out of Hellbound Slash appears to have been fixed (as I requested at the start of this thread)

I am wondering about some of the other changes that were in previous builds; the ~1mil health buff (in silver armor) seems to be gone, as does the 5 second gold armor duration extension and the increased speed on Goddess Bracelet. But if Heavenly Slash works as advertised, none of that stuff matters.