Abel RAGE thread

Air resetting someone when your going for a st mp/st hp to cod cancel and the cod comes out anyway so you eat a eat a full punish. Makes me want to bang my head on a wall every time.

Does anyone else rage about marseille roll? I miss its super iteration. :frowning:

I don’t feel nearly as comfortable in the guile matchup as I used to because it’s so easy to hit me out of it now.

best avatar I’ve seen thus far on SRK by a long shot!

Ken’s quick recovery after a DP is so really friggin’ annoying…

Ibuki.

That is all.

I get wrecked with Abel. I lose to people that mash on wakeup so I can never do roll mixups. I don’t step kick nearly enough but when I do I downback after I get in to block any mashing and inevitably get thrown. I ALWAYS get thrown out of rolls and Ex TT. A typical match involves a lot of blocking and just taking stuff from other people. I feel completely helpless playing against most the cast because I feel like I need to know what they are going to do in order to score a hit. I can’t put them in the position to make a mistake and I don’t know how to get there. I can’t fricking land a hit against charge characters or super defensive characters. Dive kick characters wreck me. Zangief wrecks me. Shotos wreck me. I suck.

I can’t stand people who jump around like mad because they know I have no DP. Jump in pressure neutral jump neutral jump and there I am standing like a fucking retard because my brain wasn’t fast enough to tell me “cl. HP/cr. MK damnit!”

Ex Tiger Knee…what to do on block!? Block again? Crouch Tech?

Hateful move!

Delayed crouch tech. I mean it’s + on block so yer. Basically the same thing you do in any frame-trap… use your judgement lol.

Man, playing Abel online is the most frustrating business ever. Fortunately, I’m lucky enough to have a pretty big scene where I live where i can get real, offline competition almost any day. Offline Abel, aside from a few minor frustrations, is fine, but online, hoo doggie. So to all you Abels who aren’t so lucky and have to get most of their play online, this one’s to you. Cheesy cheers gesture

i live in midwest…online is only way to get good for meh~~~~ --__–

I really dislike the Gief/T. Hawk match. You can play near perfectly, whittling them down then one mistake or luck on their part and it goes down hill fast. I also have problems with scrubby Kens. They can DP on wake-up and get punished several times, just when you think there is no way they’ll try again, they do… I don’t lose this match often but it’s annoying doing the same thing on wake-up all the time… I don’t feel like I learn anything from it. Also Honda… How the hell do you even play that match?

That’s the problem with playing people who aren’t on your level. They do shit they you don’t expect them to do. It’s hella annoying.

Regarding the Honda match, I use Breathless, it helps because you can punish blocked headbutts which are usually super tough to punish by any other means, that can turn the tide in your favor rather quickly other than that patience when he has meter, is route I go so he blows the EX HB’s and then I’m a little more aggressive when he is meter less. But I’m an Abel noob. lol

Against the scrubby Kens, I just bait bait bait, I let them kill themselves, occasionally I’ll try something you would do to a normal opponent to see how they react lol, and if they eat it… cool…back to baiting lol

Right now characters I hate fighting the most is Oni & Juri

My problem with Honda s not enough experience against him. I literally play a Honda 1 out of every 100 online matches… Trying to get one on my friend’s list currently.

The only thing that makes me hate playing Abel is playing against Cammy, but to be fair, it makes me hate playing any character except for Cammy. Why should I have to think so much and carefully plan frametraps when I can just auto-pilot people to death and do combos/hit-confirms that are naturally godlike frametraps too ๏̯͡๏﴿

That’s why I actually prefer playing Abel. Every match I have to think about my approach vs just choosing derpy options 1,2 & 3. It sucks but it gives you better match up knowledge for the entire cast.

when yo go for TT on the opponent’s wakeup because you know that bastard is mashing grab… but you mess up meaty timing and you do it too early and whiff it…and it turns out they were mashing and you get grabbed. doesn’t happen often, but it breaks my balls everytime.

This is a technique that can be used for most reversals, it’s something that thanks to you, I remembered and will add it to the Abel guide.

After landing a falling sky, immediately do a :mk: roll to cross up and then immediately do a :hk: roll to go the other way.
You’ll be at the perfect spacing where wake up shoryuken will whiff
and at the same time you’ll be able to step kick punish whiffed throws and normals.

u can do lk roll(crossup), whiff cr.lp then hk roll/st.hk/TT too, remember?

Sent from my GT-I9100G

Balrog’s 15 hit combo…