A-groove Kim.........(Your thoughts?)

For Kim’s ground custom, can anyone offer tips on linking the C.Forward -> D,D+Roundhouse and/or the D,D+Roundhouse -> close S.Roundhouse? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What the hell is D,D+Fierce???

I meant roundhouse, my bad.

That’s an interesting thought…multiple stomps would do more damage…it would be like doing the infinite with the dude on the ground, but much faster…the damage probably wouldn’t be that good…quite risky too. Must try that, though…

So yeah, the whole stomping during the custom thing…doesn’t work out too well. It’s too hard to do, and the damage scaling is the same as normals. It’s not worth the risk of fucking up the custom just to look cool. Besides, ending with a thunderfoot and building meter after the custom looks much better…haha…

kim is fucking goooooooddd!
i say …a-kim and c-kim is the best!
try this guys… jumping f.p…cancel to super level2…then 3time hcf.k…and super lvel 1 crazy shit :P!

a-kim
anti air: cc. d.hk (s.hk hcb.hk ) repeat un till corner…then super level1 hcfx2…linked to 3 jump.hcf .k… it make like 60%damage…if done coreckly…or abit more…:cool:

First of all, that’s not anti-air. “d.hk” (I think that’s c.roundhouse, right?) is a sweep that can be blocked with tripguard if they still have it. So if you try to do it against an empty jump, there goes your meter.

Second of all, Kim doesn’t have a hcb+k move. It’s a qcb (he doesn’t have a hcf move in the air either… it’s qct).

Third of all, once you sweep the opponent, you’ve taken away a potential post-cc juggle. After you sweep them, if you should hit them with a juggle, you’ve taken away another post-cc juggle. Hit them again, and you’ve taken away another one. The super offers 3 potential juggles… all of which were used up at the beginning of the combo.

Fourth, please check on the information that you post… BEFORE you post (and I’m not talking about spell-checking… althought that WOULD help also…).:rolleyes:

hahahaha! my english is not good but well…
in term is just i dunno how it kall the move…
but the a-combo work as a ground combo as well…
1- ur right …if they jump without doing a move…is a waste
2- the rest of the combo work…
3- :lol: c- kim is less complicated !

been a while since i played cvs2, but, i remember watching people do CCs with kim that involved a lot of standing shorts when the opponent was being juggled. The shorts came out at a fast rate, and there were a couple of hien zan’s (d, u + k) thrown in between before finishing with either the air super or the ground combo super. I was just wondering, are multiple shorts more favorable than a bunch of jumping forwards/roundhouses, in terms of damage?

Using a bunch of shorts/jabs in 3s for seiei enbu combos works because since damage can’t be reduced past a single unit of damage, a series of shorts/jabs can lead to pretty damaging combos. I’m just wondering if it’s the same for kim.

I think A-groove kim is awesome. Too bad my customs for the other two people i pick (iori, geese) suck nasty, hairy nuts.

Yeah all things you guessed are true, I’ve done that specific combo a lot of times. Each s.short only would do 100 points normally but I don’t think it scales below that at all. they come out lightning fast, definitely faster than mediums and hards, and possibly the fastest normal he has. Well, the close standing short anyway. The problem is that it only works on corner, and it’s not so easy to take someone corner with Kim…

i disagree, at any point during the ground CC you can sweep into QCB mk till corner and then do the s.lk into super. against big characters, seems like mashing constantly lets then drop and then you pick them back up again… it’s super easy

CC c.MKx5 c.FK FK QCB+FK until corner and then mash lk (6-7 hits everytime they drop) and then rush super.

easiest cc ever for kim. 34 hits on average