1st Thread for the Shield

If you can get real close, lkx2 or cr.lpx2 into HP Shield Slash->Immediate Final Justice will chain.
CapAm can connect FJ off Spiderman’s AA assist - do it as they reach peak height, cause FJ can’t otg.
FJ can connect in or out of Hulk’s Gamma Crush for unreal damage.
If you finish a magic series air combo with sj.D+HK, you can double jump as the opponent falls. The ‘camera’ follows the opponent while you choose how you want to land on him. Kind of weird, really.
My favorite - If you have a character with an instant startup super like Dhalsim or Juggernaut with CapAm second, three meter or better, and see a tight spot coming, ie HSF, you can start your super, DHC to Charging Star super to negate whatever threat is headed your way, and DHC to Proton Cannon, Hailstorm, or whatever to turn the match around.

Team "Military"
Captain America(anti)/ War Machine(proj)/ Sentinel(RP)

Powerful team, with great THC’s and DHC’s.
Captain w/War(proj)- lk2, hk, War, c.star>>final justice. Cool…
Captain w/Sentinel(RP)- lk2, hk, Sent, c.star. (Just the basic combo does a lot of damage) You can substitute the c.star with final justice.
Captain w/Sentinel- lk2, hk, Sent, cross, cr.hp, aerial… You wont actually cross, but you’ll be closer to launch off of the RP.

Note: With Captain’s final justice, cancel after slamming into either War’s “GERONIMO!!!” super, or Sentinel’s HSF. Its a great way to get the full damage of the FJ, and add additional damage with another HC.

War machine w/Caps- I really only have one thing with this combo, its a Cap anti-air corner g-break + ProCan or Geronimo. Hes basically gonna be for rushdown opponents, but you can slip in a infinite mid-screen w/Caps anti-air, if timed right.
War Machine w/Sentinel- Kinda the same with Caps, his RP can set up infinite. If you have unfly mode activated, try this rarely used tactic:
cr.lk2, fly, RP, add, lk, unfly+lk, lk, infinite start…People rarely work on IM or WM’s OTG combos, but sneek it in once in a while.

Sentinel w/ Caps- s.hk, lp2, fly, lp, hp, Caps, RP. Cool damage, similar to Magneto.
Sentinel w/ War- Combo #1: lp, lk, RP, War, s.hp, RP, HSF. Combo #2: lp, lk, fly, War, lp, hp, drop, dash in, lk, lp2, RP, HSF.

With the team set up like this (as for assist), Captain is able to cr.lk into THC, which is a very powerful THC.

Shield blast into final justice. But, you have to do shield blast diagonal, which kinda hits them on the top of their head, keeping them in hit stun for some time. Done in the corner only…
Thats the only link I know of…

Here is a team I run although if you run into storm or a good cable your definitely at a disadvantage

Tron Proj/Cap Am Dash/Doom Anti Air

Putting tron on point allows you to abuse her drill in conjunction with doom rocks. mix them up by starting up doom rocks jumping with tron drill dash over their head let rocks hit and drill dash again. Even if that whole thing is blocked you have done some insane chip like a BB Hood Cruel Hunting, and if done with right timing its not punishable. Not to mention Trons drill crushes blackheart Sent and capcom assists on start up in a corner.

Now a personal fav trick of mine for cap is using his dash assist to bait an enemy running away in the corner utilizing tron. Here is how it works, you stand in your corner and throw out the Cap Am dash assist. Halfway through the assist use trons trapping laser. Most time when they try and punish they get caught by the laser and stunned. You get a free lunch rush out of it if you dash forward and use it when they are trapped.

As far as playing Cap himself I play him defensively and try and go for the tron mega damage assist crossup. A critical part of him is baiting fireball/beam super opponents and using your double jump to hop over and punish them. Another good trick is when you have them in a corner throw out an anti air assist and use the cartwheel to get behind them. Most people dont EVER expect it and dont adjust their guard so you can find where they are weak and break em. Also I find it too risky to throw out in the middle of a stage especially since I use that crappy 360 controller. Also his crouching weak punch has very good priority so use that to set up a launch.

As far as

Biggest thing is you have to face the god tiers with cap and learn how to deal with their BS. You will take some lumps but magneto and sentinel 1 on 1 dont scare me to much. But if your using the team I listed runaway teams is the Kryptonite.

I like mkeller’s stradegy, but with a team like that, you tend to get content with those tactics (i.e Iceman chipping). If youre gonna use that team, Id have Caps first. The reason why, because Id rather have Caps facing the best character, rather than Tron. Tron is better second or last, being first means shes gonna take a beating (i.e Cable ahvb.) Plus, having her second, you can DHC into her servbot rush, OTG from Caps final justice slam. Caps cross-ups with Tron and Doom, are the best way to go with that team. But, if that line works for you well, stick with it. But practice the other line as well though…

I usually do exactly that Revolta I like my Cap leading off the majority of the time, hes a pretty flexible character early in a match before the chippers get meter. For some reason though Tron drilling is great stuffing trap characters like Cable and Sent in conjunction with doom rocks EARLY IN THE MATCH. Albeit a really good Cable player wont let you pull that off its still funny to do on the crappy ones lol

You forgot to mention the 9 in 9Revolta…LOL

Captain America is a solid character. Decent defense, above-average offense, great THC’s. But people dont play with him much, because hes ground-based, meaning he doesnt have fly, air dash, etc. But he is maybe the best non- high tier (besides Ken and others…) in the game. If you play with Caps, pick his anti-air, for cr.lk/THC’s.

i developed something

i play with
Captain America, Cyclops (my clops is a monster), Tron

i start with a pressure magic series (lk,lk+tron,lp,fierece,shield) just keep em tipsy let em know im not gonna bitch it out and run, ima slam on em with cap.
then you keep pressure (Tron,Stars and Stripes. Lp,lk, tron+jump, etc. etc.)
geta cartwheel in or get em with tron during the mixup. you can either get a double jump air combo,Final X Justice, S.Stars and Stripes,S.Charging Star.
and if he gets low on health you can DHC to cyclops, once you build meter (2 bars is enough) you can DHC back to with the S.C.Star and eat ANY,ANY beam super! (AHVB,HVB, SETINEL, BLIZZARD(i think), ETC.).

and you can cancel any medium too a Super Stars and Stripes.
if your in the corner sometimes* you can get a magic series (to roundhouse) and get a Super Charging Star.

Captain America Combo Stuff

I had this in my head for quite some time now. Only now did I take the time to sit and write it up. This is my first time posting something like this. If there is anything I can do to make it better please let me know. Here goes.

---------------------------------|Ground Combos|---------------------------------

**º1º Jump-in with j.HP(or j.HK) (dash) s.lk, s.mk, s.hk HK Charging Star **

This is the basis for some throw setups and should be used alot. Its also a good thing to do because you push them to the corner where things will really get nasty.

Damage: 59 Points

**º2º(Corner only) Jump-in with j.HP(or j.HK) (dash) s.lk, s.mk, s.hk HK Charging Star, HP Air Throw **

HK Charging Star will send them high up and give you time to recover to catch them with an air throw.

Damage: 76 Points(59 from the ground combo + 17 from the throw)

º3º(Corner Only) Jump-in with j.HP(or j.HK) (dash) s.lk, s.mk, s.hk LK Charging Star, HK Throw, HP Air Throw

Once again LK Charging Star will send them flying but this time not so high. By the time they land from that you’ll recover in time to get a HK throw. Immediately jump and air throw them as soon as you recover. We’ll just call it the Double Throw setup.

Damage: 89 Points(55 from ground combo + 17 from each throw)

Combos 2 and 3 work on just about any character. The only exception is the smaller characters like Roll/MM/Servbot but it could just be bad timing on my part. Also you might be able to follow up with a J.Down+HK after the air throw. I haven’t worked on that yet though.

---------------------------------|Air Combos|---------------------------------

**º1º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(or J.HK) (dash) c.lp, c. mp ^ sj.lp (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp, OTG Down+HK, j.lp, j.mp, j.hp(j.down+hk)
A really nasty otg combo. It works on just about every size i’ve tried big, normal and small.

Damage: 66 Points

**º2º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(or J.HK) (dash) c.lp, c. mp ^ sj.lp, sj.lp, sj.lp, double jump sj.lp, (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp OTG Down+HK, j.lp, j.mp, j.hp(or j.down+hk)
This is a variation of his classic double jump combo mixed in with the last combo.

Damage: 62 Points

**º3º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(or J.HK) (dash) c.lp, c. mp ^ sj.lp (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp, OTG
Down+HK, c.lp, HK Throw, HP Air Throw

A variation of air combo º1º listed above but with the Double Throw setup.

Damage: 97 Points(63 from the otg combo + 17 from each throw)

**º4º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(or J.HK) (dash) c.lp, c. mp ^ sj.lp, sj.lp, sj.lp, double jump sj.lp, (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp OTG Down+HK, c.lp HK Throw, HP Air Throw
A variation of combo º2º with a double throw.

Damage: 94 Points (60 from the OTG combo + 17 from each throw)

-------------------------------|Extended Combos|-------------------------------

º1º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(J.HK)(dash) s.lk, s.mk, s.hk, HP Shield Slash xx Hyper Charging Star, c.hp(juggle/relaunch) ^ sj.lp, sj.lp, sj.lp double jump sj.lp (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp OTG Down+HK, j.lp, j.mp, j.hp(or j.down+hk)

The best thing about this combo is they cant roll after Hyper Charging Star. If you DHC’d into Hyper Charging Star and connected this combo in the corner its safe to say that character is dead.

Damage: 100

º2º(Corner Only) Jump-in with J.HP(J.HK)(dash) s.lk, s.mk, s.hk, HP Shield Slash xx Hyper Charging Star, c.hp(juggle/relaunch) ^ sj.lp, sj.lp, sj.lp double jump sj.lp (pause) sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hp OTG Down+HK, c.lp, HK Throw, HP Air Throw

Another dangerous combo.

Damage: 132 Points (98 from the combo + 17 from each throw)

That’s all for now but I’m definitely not done lol. :nunchuck:

GOOD SHIET BDRX!